Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dinosaurtommyjr

Got standing tickets for the friday and Sunday nights, was queueing from 10 the Wednesday nite just to make sure, was feckin freezing but will b worth it come may, hopefully it will b great weather, going to Q the nite b4 the gig to get good as close to front as possible, he still sounds as good as ever after listening to the Chicago concert from a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satdog

mojesius wrote: »
    They're standing pitch tickets with a random number that you can ignore :)
    Excellent. I'll be heading to the Pit as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Seve OB wrote: »
    curious.... so I just looked again

no tickets of any description for either night available now
    larry1 wrote: »
    Seated tickets still available for Friday night on ticketmaster.ie

I see only a handful from Cusack, Hogan+Davin left
    Nunu wrote: »
    Just turn up before gates open you'll definitely get a pit pass. It'll be huge for Croke PK.

Even if you don't have a pitch ticket? as i assume you'll be told to go in a different way, by looking at your ticket?

What time will Gates open?

I remember once i landed 1hr early by accident @ the Olympia & one of the staff put on a wristband, i didn't know what it was at the time:p

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'll have one of them please ......... Oh and round of beers :D

A lot better than €35 each inside, when i left the RDS late last time, one guy was selling 4 for €20 further down the road, as he had a lot left & also being haggled to death by punters:D
    Satdog wrote: »
    I was looking for Pitch Tickets (GA) and paid the €98.50 plus booking fee. My receipt says Section: Stand, Row: G25, Seats: xxx - xxx. What did I get? Surely not up in the stands. The only €98.50 tickets were for the pitch.

I assume G means Ground?

I see in Sept that:

Bruce Springsteen announced that he will publish his memoir, Born to Run, in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Still single tickets available both nights, albeit either in the nosebleeds or low down in the far corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 alant7

Really wanted a standing ticket, got a seated one,
    Hogan Lower 329, do ye reckon the €130 worth for seating ie atmosphere wise or does it matter?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

alant7 wrote: »
    Really wanted a standing ticket, got a seated one,
    Hogan Lower 329, do ye reckon the €130 worth for seating ie atmosphere wise or does it matter?!

Sitting down at gigs is sh1t. Paying 130 fúcking quid to sit down at a gig is ever sh1tter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re: Sitting down at gigs is sh1t. Paying 130 fúcking quid to sit down at a gig is ever sh1tter.

And paying €100 to stand for approx 5 hrs makes sense?

I did get a seating ticket at O2 for Kasabian back in the day.. great time really. suppose seating doesn't mean you are actually gonna be sitting really!!

He's playing Circus Maximus in Rome in July., now that would be special!!

_Lola_ wrote: »
    Madness on the edge of town. :D

Got my Milano tickets. Wasn't even trying to buy anything today. :p

Hi Lulu, know when Rome tickets are on sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

poundhound wrote: »
    Re: Sitting down at gigs is sh1t. Paying 130 fúcking quid to sit down at a gig is ever sh1tter.

Have to say, I'd always choose standing over sitting for gigs. Much much better imo.

In saying that, if it's an artist I'm desperate to see, I'd be happy with any ticket, even if it's not first preference.

poundhound wrote: »

Paying 100 quid for any gig is nonsense yeah.

But if you stand you can get closer, dance about etc. Sitting there like you're in the cinema is rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The Nal wrote: »
    Sitting down at gigs is sh1t. Paying 130 fúcking quid to sit down at a gig is ever sh1tter.

As an owner of 2*€131 tickets, I wholeheartedly agree :(

MrsTeal would never have stood for the whole lot so I had little choice (well maybe divorce!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

We've bought seated tickets for our last two Bruce shows and we were much happier with that. Standing is nice since you can move around and maybe be closer to the stage but the two of us aren't getting any younger and we prefer to have some seats. We may stand for part or most of the gig but it's nice to be able to sit for a while at the beginning.

theteal wrote: »
    As an owner of 2*€131 tickets, I wholeheartedly agree :(

MrsTeal would never have stood for the whole lot so I had little choice (well maybe divorce!)

Ha yeah well thats different. Got to look after those ladies ya'll.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

Thanks Lulu! Ya depends on circumstances, my bro just had op on back so seating for a while is needed! Hell I'll get the crowd standing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With a seated ticket u can go for food/drink/toilet and not worry about ur space been gone. A downside is been stuck in the middle of the row and getting up to let people in/out. I'm as u say disadvantaged in the height department so I hate standing as if someone tall stands in front of me I can't see a thing on stage. Both seats and standing has there pros/cons.

When the seger sessions tour came to Dublin were the non casual fans annoyed that he deff wud not be doing bitu, dancing in the dark, born to run etc ???. Would of loved to see that show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I got one of those Standing Seat tickets, dead handy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    When the seger sessions tour came to Dublin were the non casual fans annoyed that he deff wud not be doing bitu, dancing in the dark, born to run etc ???. Would of loved to see that show

The Springsteen geeks hated the Seeger Sessions.

Also this looks interesting!

Springsteen’s autobiography to be released September 27th

Simon & Schuster is proud to announce the world-wide publication of Bruce Springsteen’s autobiography, Born to Run, which will be released internationally on September 27, 2016 in hardcover, ebook, and audio editions.

Springsteen has been privately writing the autobiography over the past seven years. He began work in 2009, after performing with the E Street Band at the Super Bowl’s halftime show.

In Born to Run, Springsteen describes growing up in Freehold, New Jersey amid the “poetry, danger, and darkness” that fueled his imagination. He vividly recounts his relentless drive to become a musician, his early days as a bar band king in Asbury Park, and the rise of the E Street Band. With disarming candor, he also tells for the first time the story of the personal struggles that inspired his best work, and shows us why the song “Born to Run” reveals more than we previously realized.

“Writing about yourself is a funny business,” Bruce notes in his book. “But in a project like this, the writer has made one promise, to show the reader his mind. In these pages, I’ve tried to do this.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

I've been in the Bruce pit all over Europe, good and bad since the 1988 tour and this may be my last turn. Its a lot more comfertable now because of the pit barrier, before it was introduced it meant having bruises on your body for days because of the crush at the front, Wembley stadium on the Amnesty International tour was probably the worst. Its incredible over the years the way he keeps attracting a very young live audience, especially in Europe.

I have to say the atmosphere and the people you meet always make it worth it but having gotten decent seats for some of the recent American shows it was great to have some beers with friends and take in the gig.

Getting old,.... sniff sniff. Football stadiums are for football Bruce :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

I've been in the Bruce pit all over Europe, good and bad since the 1988 tour and this may be my last turn. Its a lot more comfertable now because of the pit barrier, before it was introduced it meant having bruises on your body for days because of the crush at the front, Wembley stadium on the Amnesty International tour was probably the worst. Its incredible over the years the way he keeps attracting a very young live audience, especially in Europe.

I have to say the atmosphere and the people you meet always make it worth it but having gotten decent seats for some of the recent American shows it was great to have some beers with friends and take in the gig.

perrier wrote: »

Yes a complete stinker of a venue unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭manatoo

This may have been asked before but does anyone know if you can get onto the pitch if you have a stand ticket at croke park? The website says they wont be allowing movement between sections but I've been to see him in Kilkenny and the RDS twice and always had a seated ticket but had no issue getting onto the pitch. Ive an offer of two nosebleeders but there's no point if we cant get onto the pitch. Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

manatoo wrote: »
    This may have been asked before but does anyone know if you can get onto the pitch if you have a stand ticket at croke park? The website says they wont be allowing movement between sections but I've been to see him in Kilkenny and the RDS twice and always had a seated ticket but had no issue getting onto the pitch. Ive an offer of two nosebleeders but there's no point if we cant get onto the pitch. Thanks all

Ingenuity ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

Anyone periscoping tonight?
    He's doing Prove It right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Circus Maximus Yeahh!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

These ticket prices show that Bruce is not in touch with the real world. Perhaps the hair plugs and hair dye have done damage to his brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

These ticket prices show that Bruce is not in touch with the real world. Perhaps the hair plugs and hair dye have done damage to his brain.

It's not just Bruce though, they are all at it. I'm having to seriously re-evaluate my concert going with the way ticket prices are escalating. Over €100 for a seat.... come on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

Over 100 Euro to see a blue collar guy sing about the working man. Not many 66 year old blue collar guys I know have a private jet, millions in the bank and can afford a hair transplant.

Advertisement