Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Wooderson wrote: »
    Come back on here on the 28th May with your feedback on the above plan post Croker night #1. Look forward to hearing how successful you were.

In Belfast the latest anyone got a pit pass was by turning up at ~3.15pm.

Horse****. Security lads who were giving out water were giving out wristbands on a strike it lucky basis in between the acoustic solo warm up and the E-street show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Come back on here on the 28th May with your feedback on the above plan post Croker night #1. Look forward to hearing how successful you were.

I got a pit pass in Belfast at 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Seriously though. Show up 2hr to 90 minutes before gates open and you'll get in this pit. Ignore the twats who try to pull rank to end up 10 feet on front of you after "queueing" for 36 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

A girl that works for Aiken has told me that the Croke park gigs r going to b different than the past Irish Bruce concerts, there's going to b no numbering system for these gigs , it's first come first serve,and theres no queueing until 2 hours b4 gates opens, the foreign guys not going to have it there own way this time. Altough I'd rather the number system with roll call, was up near the front for his last Irish gigs, but I still prob go day b4 just in case things r different to c what story is.

?

Im curious cos last Bruce concert I was at in Dublin I noticed some Spanish lads in the pit - more then normal ..
    This is usual ?

The same twats were on the plane back with me with their armbands still on ...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

?

Im curious cos last Bruce concert I was at in Dublin I noticed some Spanish lads in the pit - more then normal ..
    This is usual ?

The same twats were on the plane back with me with their armbands still on ...
    Yes, I've seen the same Spanish people up front at many gigs. They run the whole numbers, non-queue system.
    In fact, the girl who writes the numbers on everybody's hand is always up front and centre at the rail for the gig. I have seen a group of them stretch themselves across the rail in order for her to walk through the crowd and take her place at the very front at the rail. Like she is their leader or something. It's like a weird cult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Flinchwhip

Yes, I've seen the same Spanish people up front at many gigs. They run the whole numbers, non-queue system.
    In fact, the girl who writes the numbers on everybody's hand is always up front and centre at the rail for the gig. I have seen a group of them stretch themselves across the rail in order for her to walk through the crowd and take her place at the very front at the rail. Like she is their leader or something. It's like a weird cult.

That is funny. Anyone watching the Leftovers, sounds like the Guilty Remnant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

A girl that works for Aiken has told me that the Croke park gigs r going to b different than the past Irish Bruce concerts, there's going to b no numbering system for these gigs , it's first come first serve,and theres no queueing until 2 hours b4 gates opens, the foreign guys not going to have it there own way this time. Altough I'd rather the number system with roll call, was up near the front for his last Irish gigs, but I still prob go day b4 just in case things r different to c what story is.

tumblr_m4h15ytu7h1r0ata2o1_500.jpg

Flinchwhip wrote: »
    That is funny. Anyone watching the Leftovers, sounds like the Guilty Remnant!!

Yep!
    Also, it's really bizarre because it's like they aren't even enjoying themselves at the concert. I was up close to the front in the RDS one time and this foreign guy was in front, leaning on the rail. At one point he turned around and asked me to keep my voice down a bit because he was recording the gig on some USB audio device.
    It's almost like these people are at Mass rather than having a laugh at a rock concert.

Yep!
    Also, it's really bizarre because it's like they aren't even enjoying themselves at the concert. I was up close to the front in the RDS one time and this foreign guy was in front, leaning on the rail. At one point he turned around and asked me to keep my voice down a bit because he was recording the gig on some USB audio device.
    It's almost like these people are at Mass rather than having a laugh at a rock concert.

I'm sure this poor sod was chuffed to be at the gig next to you "Shaneosexual". :D:D:D

I'm sure this poor sod was chuffed to be at the gig next to you "Shaneosexual". :D:D:D
    I'm sure he was. Probably had a horn on him that would beat a pig out of a ditch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yeah Croker residents wont allow people queuing all night and day outside their house.

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah Croker residents wont allow people queuing all night and day outside their house.

A queue will be formed somewhere nearby if people are moved on by security/guards.

A queue will be formed somewhere nearby if people are moved on by security/guards.

Any queue formed like this should be ignored. If the promoter/ stadium announces that no queue can be formed until 2 hours before show time, then any queue formed across the street by people the night before, who subsequently go off to bed for the night, is not the real queue. The real queue starts two hours before the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Any queue formed like this should be ignored. If the promoter/ stadium announces that no queue can be formed until 2 hours before show time, then any queue formed across the street by people the night before, who subsequently go off to bed for the night, is not the real queue. The real queue starts two hours before the show.

What in the world? This is pure and other horsesheet!
    I don't agree with the over night queing, but people want to que early then so be it,
    They've given up time and effort and as such are entitled to be in front.. I think..

I've been to lots of gigs with the no queing before... stuff being said..
    Has never actually been inforced, this time will be no different..

The Bruce numbered pit is just for people who want to be on barrier/first 2 rows.. people want to be there that badly? Great for them..

You want a normal pit pass, and to be in pit, 2 hours before gate will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,854 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Tell you what ,you can queue up all day if you want ,I'll take my chances showing up at 4.30 on a workday .
    I don't agree with the over night queing, but people want to que early then so be it,
    They've given up time and effort and as such are entitled to be in front.. I think..

I actually liked what U2 did a few tours back with the lottery for the pit.
    Its rumoured that Adam Clayton was getting fed up /uneasy at having the same people on the rail in front of him every gig so asked for a lottery to limit their chances of getting in.
    One good thing about this tour is that he doesnt seem to be doing requests so no fecking signs ,amen to that .

Tell you what ,you can queue up all day if you want ,I'll take my chances showing up at 4.30 on a weekday .

Cutting it fine, chief. Admire your chutzpah.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    What in the world? This is pure and other horsesheet!

I've been to lots of gigs with the no queing before... stuff being said..
    Has never actually been inforced, this time will be no different..

The Bruce numbered pit is just for people who want to be on barrier/first 2 rows.. people want to be there that badly? Great for them..

You want a normal pit pass, and to be in pit, 2 hours before gate will be fine

You're missing the point.
    Ok, let's say the official line starts two hours before gates open. Then the night before a group of 20 Bruce fans meet across the street and assign numbers to each other. Then go back to their hotel/hostel and go to bed. Now what if another group of fans arrive and form a queue across the street and wait out all night. Then at noon the next day the numbered fans arrive along and claim they formed the real queue. Then of course people will arrive 2 hours before the gates open and queue outside the stadium and while they are actually first in the real queue, they are number 60 in the made up numbers queue that should not exist

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

You're missing the point.
    Ok, let's say the official line starts two hours before gates open. Then the night before a group of 20 Bruce fans meet across the street and assign numbers to each other. Then go back to their hotel/hostel and go to bed. Now what if another group of fans arrive and form a queue across the street and wait out all night. Then at noon the next day the numbered fans arrive along and claim they formed the real queue. Then of course people will arrive 2 hours before the gates open and queue outside the stadium and while they are actually first in the real queue, they are number 60 in the made up numbers queue that should not exist

There's none of that 'claiming' stuff though.. or anyone thinking they're first, as the numbered que has/will be organised in conjunction with aiken and security staff.. who inform those arriving and hand out a number to all arriving...

It's not a made up que when organised with security..

It makes things a little easier pit wise I think..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    There's none of that 'claiming' stuff though.. or anyone thinking they're first, as the numbered que has/will be organised in conjunction with aiken and security staff.. who inform those arriving and hand out a number to all arriving...

It's not a made up que when organised with security..

It makes things a little easier pit wise I think..
    How could the queue be organised by Aiken if they say not to come and queue until 2 hours before the gates open?
    This number thing is purely the same group of fans guaranteeing themselves the same spot in the pit at seemingly every show on the tour.
    Australia a few years back it actually said on Bruce's official site not to queue the night before but I saw these fans across from the venue the night before writing numbers on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

... any queue formed across the street by people the night before, who subsequently go off to bed for the night, is not the real queue.
    This.
    You're not in the queue unless you're physically in the queue. If you leave the queue to eat/sleep/urinate: back of the line.

Also, the amount of rubbish these pro-queuers leave behind is a disgrace. In Belfast they filled two of those industrial wheelie bins with camping gear and the droppings of The Number Club.

• Advertisement

The security deployed to manage the pit queues at the past half dozen shows in Ireland have been super. All on the ball. Something similar will happen for Croker. A free-for-all at 5 bells ain't a runner despite the nihilism on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The security deployed to manage the pit queues at the past half dozen shows in Ireland have been super. All on the ball. Something similar will happen for Croker. A free-for-all at 5 bells ain't a runner despite the nihilism on here.

Starting an orderly queue consisting of a line of people isn't a free for all. You must get very worried about those "free-for-alls" in the shops all the time.

Anyway, how can these fans possibly face standing in the same spot for every show of this particular tour? Having to listen to the SAME ALBUM every night.
    What is wrong with these people?

Starting an orderly queue consisting of a line of people isn't a free for all. You must get very worried about those "free-for-alls" in the shops all the time.

In sure there are people that have never visited a supermarket that get confused at the till all the time.

In sure there are people that have never visited a supermarket that get confused at the till all the time.

Next time you are in a supermarket, try writing number 1 on your hand and go about your shopping. When it's time to pay, walk up to the top of the queue. Everyone will understand when they see the 1 on your hand.
    It works.

Next time you are in a supermarket, try writing number 1 on your hand and go about your shopping. When it's time to pay, walk up to the top of the queue. Everyone will understand when they see the 1 on your hand.
    It works.

That's not the system in a supermarket. At a European Springsteen show, until told otherwise, that's the process. At a US show there's a lottery. You'd look like a right berk trying to get to the front of the lottery winner at MSG or Philly "Shaneosexual".

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Worst I seen was 2012 RDS night 1, people in the front row leaving a few songs before the end to start the queue for night 2 outside...

what do you care what they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

what do you care what they do?

They can do what they want, i don't care. Just seems the point of being up front row is to enjoy the experience as much as possible being that close. Leaving a few songs early so they can get the same best experience possible (to them it is) the next day seems to be a bit of a waste of all the time they waited the first day

• Advertisement

CiaranK wrote: »
    They can do what they want, i don't care. Just seems the point of being up front row is to enjoy the experience as much as possible being that close. Leaving a few songs early so they can get the same best experience possible (to them it is) the next day seems to be a bit of a waste of all the time they waited the first day

It's their call is it not? Enjoy the gig and stfu.

Advertisement