Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Yes it is. But all one word looks better for trolling, er I mean discussing.

Haha quality repartee

I'd say you're a big River album man, why the no show? Tempted by far flung fields?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

Wooderson wrote: »
    Haha quality repartee

I'd say you're a big River album man, why the no show? Tempted by far flung fields?

If you want to be #5 just ask...

If you want to be #5 just ask...

I'm just happy to get a spec in the pit mate.

Haha quality repartee

I decided not to go when I saw the ticket prices.
    Cannot justify paying over 100 euro to see a guy spouting on about "the fat cats" and "uneven distribution of wealth" when that same man pays $4500 tax a year on 200 acres of land because he grows tomatoes on his land and gets a 90% tax cut as a registered farmer.
    That, and the Number Gang have put me off.
    Still enjoy Bruce's work an awful lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm just happy to get a spec in the pit mate.
    Woodersen is #9 (gonna leave spots 5 to 8 open to mods)

• Advertisement

I decided not to go when I saw the ticket prices.
    Cannot justify paying over 100 euro to see a guy spouting on about "the fat cats" and "uneven distribution of wealth" when that same man pays $4500 tax a year on 200 acres of land because he has grows tomatoes on his land and gets a 90% tax cut as a registered farmer.
    That, and the Number Gang have put me off.
    Still enjoy Bruce's work an awful lot though.

If he plays for nearly 4 hours then 100 bills is good value. Do take your point tho. The rhetoric about "Wall St v Main St" rings hollow when you're a min. €5m per gig act.

If he plays for nearly 4 hours then 100 bills is good value. Do take your point tho. The rhetoric about "Wall St v Main St" rings hollow when you're a min. €5m per gig act.
    He writes open letters to newspapers about uneven wealth distribution and he himself owns 200 acres of land and because he has some guy grow tomatoes on it, he is a farmer under New Jersey law. So he only pays about $4500 tax a year on that land.
    That law is to protect people whose livelihood is farming. Not for some multimillionaire rock star to take advantage of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

It's a fairly sizeable group of fans who follow Bruce around to every show and the night before the gig they meet near the venue of the gig and assign numbers to each other by writing the numbers on the back of their hand with a marker. They arrange to come back the next day at a certain time and then head off to their respective accommodation.
    By the time they come back the next day there may already be a queue in progress but they will walk straight to the top as they had "started queuing last night."

Anyone who defends this practice is part of the problem.
    It is NOT official and Aiken themselves usually state no queuing until a certain time the day of the concert.

:O !!

What !!!

They can't do this ??

Why do people LET them walk by, this is a bull**** made up Q ...

I hope it will be policed this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Flinchwhip

Systems and good natured processes aren't for everyone. Look forward to hearing about your successes of beating the Man in May "Shaneosexual".

Wooderson are you a troll or a cult member, sorry Numbers Gang, or have the Numbers Gang got to you?

Flinchwhip wrote: »
    Wooderson are you a troll or a cult member, sorry Numbers Gang, or have the Numbers Gang got to you?

Hehe I'm neither, guv, honest. Only got a number a few times.

Back in the thread a bit I've stated that i think its mad hanging around a stadium carpark for a few days just to get on the rail.

On other forums I've called people pit-pigs and been roundly castigated for it. My buzz is getting a pit pass and then enjoying the show. Outside the pit for Bruce shows is a terrible experience.

That said, closest ive ever been to the front was Limerick where I was 4/5 rows back. Only reason that happened was because I went to the show on my tod.

• Advertisement

So to get into the pit - not talking right up front - on the Sunday 29th show, when should I appear ?

I'll be alone.

So to get into the pit - not talking right up front - on the Sunday 29th show, when should I appear ?

I'll be alone.
    2hrs to 90 minutes before gates, the pit is probably gonna be 3-5000 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Flinchwhip

I'll be alone.

1 hour before the Friday night show ends and wait for the mysterious Spanish lady with the magic marker to appear. Apparently.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    2hrs to 90 minutes before gates, the pit is probably gonna be 3-5000 people.

Cutting it fine IMO.

Flinchwhip wrote: »
    1 hour before the Friday night show ends and wait for the mysterious Spanish lady with the magic marker to appear. Apparently.

pfft, do these people not have jobs ?

Cutting it fine IMO.

Nah, I've seen people stroll in after gates open and get one. I don't mind queueing so its grand but the pit for this will be massive.

OK , ill arrive there around 5, should be fine ..

whats it like in the pit - is it all crushing or just like this at front 10 rows or so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Nah, I've seen people stroll in after gates open and get one. I don't mind queueing so its grand but the pit for this will be massive.

Got one in Kilkenny well after the gates opened. I know a couple of people who got them in Limerick 15 minutes before he came on.

The ideal situation is that they give them out earlier and you can piss off to the pub for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

New dates:

Kopenhagen, Telia Parken - June 22nd
    Göteborg, Ullevi Stadium - June 25th
    Oslo, Ullevaal Stadium - June 29th

http://www.thelocal.no/20160217/springsteen-gig-confirmed-in-norway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

He writes open letters to newspapers about uneven wealth distribution

WHere can I find these open letters? Link please...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I really don't get the people refusing to go to gigs on the basis that the artist has made a lot of money from their career.. It's the same ****e the anti U2 brigade spout..

- How do you know what these people do with their money?
    .. For all you know, they could be giving most of it to charidee..

- What do you do with your own money, or is that none of my business?

- Why do you insist that musicians should be paragons of virtue anyway?
    .. If that's what you base who you go and see on, better break out the Christian rock or feckin Chumbawumba

The Nal wrote: »
    The ideal situation is that they give them out earlier and you can piss off to the pub for the day.

This would be a treat.

In Limerick the first 1000 were moved to dedicated queue at 1.15pm to a staging area. We were let into the stadium at 3.45pm and Bruce's pre-show kicked off at 5pm. There were only us 1000 in the stadium to witness this.

Worth the couple hours queuing IMHO.

OK , ill arrive there around 5, should be fine ..

whats it like in the pit - is it all crushing or just like this at front 10 rows or so ?

5pm cutting it fine - you could be lucky of course - but there is zero guarantee at that stage. Just saying mate. If youre prepared to enjoy the show outside the pit no issue of course.

Pit in Croker will have huge amount of space. You'll be able to move freely around the perimeter at the back basically at will. The first 50 odd rows will be fairly packed however, with the front fairly jammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

UsedToWait wrote: »

who is Charidee ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,854 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Pit in Croker will have huge amount of space. You'll be able to move freely around the perimeter at the back basically at will. The first 50 odd rows will be fairly packed however, with the front fairly jammed.

I think the days of packed pits are long gone due to health and safety.
    Most of the gigs I've been to over the last few years have had very sparse pits ,there is almost too much room .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I think the days of packed pits are long gone due to health and safety.
    Most of the gigs I've been to over the last few years have had very sparse pits ,there is almost too much room .

Indeed. A couple of the RDS pits were very empty around the back and sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The Nal wrote: »
    Indeed. A couple of the RDS pits were very empty around the back and sides.

Yep have seen this too. Even where tickets were allocated to a pit, once it fills to a certain point, irrespective of "space", they'll close it.

RainyDay wrote: »
    WHere can I find these open letters? Link please...

http://humanevents.com/2012/03/12/bruce-springsteen-a-taxdodging-farmer/

• Advertisement

UsedToWait wrote: »
    I really don't get the people refusing to go to gigs on the basis that the artist has made a lot of money from their career.. It's the same ****e the anti U2 brigade spout..

- How do you know what these people do with their money?

- What do you do with your own money, or is that none of my business?

- Why do you insist that musicians should be paragons of virtue anyway?
    .. If that's what you base who you go and see on, better break out the Christian rock or feckin Chumbawumba

If they can find tax loop holes then good for them.
    However, Bruce goes out of his way to be a spokesperson for the little guy and talks about taxing the rich a lot more.
    That's why it annoys people when they learn he dodges the tax man by being a fake farmer. A lot of rich and famous in New Jersey are at it. Pretending to be farmers to get a massive tax break.
    Did you know Jon Bon Jovi is a bee farmer under the eyes of the law?
    Absolute joke.

As I said, I still think Bruce is a great performer.

Advertisement