Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

You mentioned 'letters' - that article refers to one letter. Are there more?

You mentioned 'uneven wealth distribution'. There is no mention of that issue being raised in the article. Was it actually raised in the one letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

RainyDay wrote: »
    You mentioned 'letters' - that article refers to one letter. Are there more?

You mentioned 'uneven wealth distribution'. There is no mention of that issue being raised in the article. Was it actually raised in the one letter?

Have you ever even heard of Bruce Springsteen?
    His whole schtick is to talk about the government and Wall Street etc.
    He frequently writes in to his local paper in Jersey going on about the economy and what not.
    Don't mean to sound like I hate him, but it's true: the working man, voice of the people thing is just an act, paid for by the working man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yep have seen this too. Even where tickets were allocated to a pit, once it fills to a certain point, irrespective of "space", they'll close it.

They were still giving them out in the RDS one year after "all had been given away". Very close to showtime too. I think they give out 80% ish and then see whats what before giving out the rest.

But thats the RDS. No idea what Croker will be like. With 82,000 I'd say it'll be a no nonsense approach.

Have you ever even heard of Bruce Springsteen?
    His whole schtick is to talk about the government and Wall Street etc.
    He frequently writes in to his local paper in Jersey going on about the economy and what not.
    Yes, I have heard of Bruce Springsteen.

I'm not sure that I'd agree with your interpretation of 'his whole schtick' - but that's up for debate. What is not up for debate is that you said that he wrote to his local paper about 'uneven wealth distribution' but you are unable to reference this. Any reports that I can find refer to a single letter in 2011 which did not mention 'uneven wealth distribution'.

So are you exaggerating and generalising, or did this actually happen?

I'm not sure that I'd agree with your interpretation of 'his whole schtick' - but that's up for debate. What is not up for debate is that you said that he wrote to his local paper about 'uneven wealth distribution' but you are unable to reference this. Any reports that I can find refer to a single letter in 2011 which did not mention 'uneven wealth distribution'.

I'm talking about his whole act in general. When you see him live he talks about these things. He's done it in interviews for years. Campaigned with Obama and endorsed Obama's policies. But in his own life he does not follow these policies.
    Any Bruce fan knows all this.
    Someone on here asked me why I was not going to the gig and those are the reasons.
    The ticket prices are too high for him now. The fact that Bruce says what he says makes the high ticket prices a bit much.
    I'm sure it would raise some eyebrows if one went to see Paul McCartney and he came out on stage talking about animal cruelty and being a vegetarian, whilst wearing a fur coat and stuffing his face with a quarter pounder.
    All the things I mentioned Bruce saying were not confined to one article. He has been going on about economy and the government pretty much all of his career. Just listen to the Wrecking Ball album. That's his statement on the fat cats and the wall street occupation.
    He should just drop the nonsense and stick to writing good music.

• Advertisement

Uneven wealth distribution may not be an exact quote but he always goes on about things like this.
    Rolling Stone a few years ago I remember him going on about income inequality and the corrupt tax system.
    Give me a break.
    The man never worked a day in his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Uneven wealth distribution may not be an exact quote but he always goes on about things like this.
    Rolling Stone a few years ago I remember him going on about income inequality and the corrupt tax system.
    Give me a break.
    Wow. This is all very true when you stand back and look at it. though he is good performer and musician he should keep the gob shut on the problems real people have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Wow, some people expect him to apologize for being successful and play his gigs for free. Even then they'd find something to moan about. Like the queuing system. Oh sorry, that's already been complained about. I'm sure they'll think of something.

As I've said already on this thread, if you don't like him just don't go. Let the rest of us enjoy it.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Wow, some people expect him to apologize for being successful and play his gigs for free. Even then they'd find something to moan about. Like the queuing system. Oh sorry, that's already been complained about. I'm sure they'll think of something.

As I've said already on this thread, if you don't like him just don't go. Let the rest of us enjoy it.

Think the point being made here is about Springsteen wants to be seen as the man of the people but his status and not practicing waht he preaches is not right. Time for him to drop that part of his act. The rugged working man thing

The queuing thing is a joke by the way. If you can't see that then I dunno

and telling someone to not go is stupid. obviously the people who think price is too high have the right to complain. the people who paid obviously think the price is not too high otherwise they wouldn't have paid it. So to tell fans to shut up and let the ones who can afford it enjoy it is total poppycock

• Advertisement

As a mod I thought you would know what a discussion forum is. If I am going off topic then let me know. But for a thread that title is about 4 years out of date I think anything Bruce related is fair game.

As a mod I thought you would know what a discussion forum is. If I am going off topic then let me know. But for a thread that title is about 4 years out of date I think anything Bruce related is fair game.

hahaha zing!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 hmw

What about one ticketmaster giving out numbers the day before so people did mot have to q ? I q ed from 4 am.outside a ticketmaster outlet only to have.some people with numbers arrive in at 10 to 9 and were put ahead of the 80.people in q..i was really.mad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

hmw wrote: »
    What about one ticketmaster giving out numbers the day before so people did mot have to q ? I q ed from 4 am.outside a ticketmaster outlet only to have.some people with numbers arrive in at 10 to 9 and were put ahead of the 80.people in q..i was really.mad

Where was this

Wooderson wrote: »
    Where was this

South ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

In Limerick the first 1000 were moved to dedicated queue at 1.15pm to a staging area. We were let into the stadium at 3.45pm and Bruce's pre-show kicked off at 5pm. There were only us 1000 in the stadium to witness this.

Worth the couple hours queuing IMHO.

Really? I was there for the pre-show but i don't remember anything about a staging area. Can't remember but I think I was there at about 2pm, a friend had secured a wristband for me not long before that.

Where was this

South west

The problem is that once you leave a queue and other people join the queue, you can't come back a few hours later and claim to be at the top of the queue. It wouldn't work like that when you queue to buy the concert tickets, so why should it work like that at the gig itself?

It did work.like that when i bought my concert ticket last thursday. Ticket master has given out q numbers the day before and they arrived back at 10 to 9 and were put ahead of everyone else in q. One was enquiring about price and place of ticket when she got to window. Delaying everyone!

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Really? I was there for the pre-show but i don't remember anything about a staging area. Can't remember but I think I was there at about 2pm, a friend had secured a wristband for me not long before that.

Location where the rollcalls took place was different to where we waited from 1-3pm, yep. Not too far from each other but there was a different spec.

It did work.like that when i bought my concert ticket last thursday. Ticket master has given out q numbers the day before and they arrived back at 10 to 9 and were put ahead of everyone else in q. One was enquiring about price and place of ticket when she got to window. Delaying everyone!

Were they Spanish???

Hahaha

• Advertisement

Well if that was the official rules of ticketmaster then that's up to them.
    But fans taking it upon themselves to allocate numbers and places in the queue is a different story.

I'm talking about his whole act in general. When you see him live he talks about these things. He's done it in interviews for years. Campaigned with Obama and endorsed Obama's policies. But in his own life he does not follow these policies.
    Any Bruce fan knows all this.
    Someone on here asked me why I was not going to the gig and those are the reasons.
    The ticket prices are too high for him now. The fact that Bruce says what he says makes the high ticket prices a bit much.
    I'm sure it would raise some eyebrows if one went to see Paul McCartney and he came out on stage talking about animal cruelty and being a vegetarian, whilst wearing a fur coat and stuffing his face with a quarter pounder.
    All the things I mentioned Bruce saying were not confined to one article. He has been going on about economy and the government pretty much all of his career. Just listen to the Wrecking Ball album. That's his statement on the fat cats and the wall street occupation.
    He should just drop the nonsense and stick to writing good music.
    Give me a break.
    I see. So there weren't 'open letters' about 'uneven income distribution' then. That's what I thought, all right.

I see. So there weren't 'open letters' about 'uneven income distribution' then. That's what I thought, all right.

Google "Bruce Springsteen".

He's pretty famous.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

Belgium, Rock Werchter, July 9th

http://brucespringsteen.net/category/live-dates

Keep 'em coming...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

_Lola_ wrote: »
    Belgium, Rock Werchter, July 9th

http://brucespringsteen.net/category/live-dates

Keep 'em coming...

That's Werchter Boutique/Classic, not the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Another very similar looking setlist last night. Hopefully he uses the time before the Euro leg to rehearse a few more songs. Setlists very stale. The worst of his career, other band aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Location where the rollcalls took place was different to where we waited from 1-3pm, yep. Not too far from each other but there was a different spec.

For the Croke park gigs .. the offical show starts at 7pm, I wonder how early you would have to be there for the pre-show ? and are the numbers limited to say a 1000 or whatever.

The pre-show is normally a few hours before the normal show starts, so lets say 5pm and is 30 Minutes long right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

Mushy wrote: »
    That's Werchter Boutique/Classic, not the festival

Yep. My mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Barcelona Camp shit Nou confirmed, I wouldn't set foot in that den of pure evil though.

https://youtu.be/n-mq0uJ7rlM?t=20

yeah bruce .... give your fans a free concert if you mean it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,422 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Nal wrote: »
    Another very similar looking setlist last night. Hopefully he uses the time before the Euro leg to rehearse a few more songs. Setlists very stale. The worst of his career, other band aside.

I hope he does not decide to ditch the river element of the tour in the middle of the euro tour and play other setlists after the Croke Park dates. As we're one of the earlier dates on the tour we are deff getting the full album.

Advertisement