Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

I don't support Bruce anymore. He has hair plugs and takes advantage of 9/11 widows. He's a shell of his former self also. Next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

sirmanga wrote: »
    Ok but Springsteen is not in his prime anymore. He can't run around the stage like he used to and he puts on his gruff voice, he doesn't have it naturally anymore and you can tell the difference. So why are people expected to pay more for him now than when he was better 10, even 5 years ago.

I know why, cause he is getting old and knows he needs to pad out the pension to make sure his working class family are taken care of. The bald phony

His Limerick gig was probably my favourite I've been to and that was less than 3 years ago so dunno where you get the idea he's not in his prime.

All this begrudgery is so very Irish! Man is super talented - Becomes successful - Gets criticised for it?? At work I haven't turned down a pay rise yet? Have you?

The bald thing made me laugh at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ok but Springsteen is not in his prime anymore. He can't run around the stage like he used to and he puts on his gruff voice, he doesn't have it naturally anymore and you can tell the difference. So why are people expected to pay more for him now than when he was better 10, even 5 years ago.

Nils used to do back flips from a trampoline back in "his prime", we don't need to see that.

If your measuring stick is seeing how much an artist can "run around the stage" then you're always going to be let down. Do you just like movies with car chases and tits?

FYI He didn't do much (if any) running around the stage on the Reunion tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

This is starting to become a pain in the arse now getting notifications that the thread has been updated, time to unsub myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I don't support Bruce anymore. He has hair plugs and takes advantage of 9/11 widows. He's a shell of his former self also. Next!

How did you support him before the made up story came to light?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

oleras wrote: »
    This is starting to become a pain in the arse now getting notifications that the thread has been updated, time to unsub myself.

Damn straight! If you don't like a thread do not support it, simple.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Very interesting;
    It should also be noted that Bruce doesn’t take a bigger percentage of the gate for live shows: each member of the band (including himself) gets paid the same. Chalk up band parity as another reason why Bruce is, and always will be, The Boss.

Yeah I meant to include that part!

Thank you :)

The split pay thing stopped before the Born in the USA tour. 32 years ago.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    The split pay thing stopped before the Born in the USA tour. 32 years ago.

Source please?

Can you give a source for this wig story, at least one that doesn't include being made up in your head.

Just look at his hair compared to 10 years ago.
    Ok, Y2J?

And mine.

And mine.

Please, if you promise not to ignore I will never talk badly about Bruce again. And I mean never eeeeeeeeever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Livenation website (for UK tickets) crashing :/

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

still keeping an eye on ticketmaster for standing sunday on and off, and looked yesterday and sitting in the lower hogan was back on sale if people are in need :P

RainyDay wrote: »
    Source please?

Common knowledge. Also in a couple of books I've read over the years which I couldn't be arsed digging out.

Do you really think Bruce was giving his keyboard player an equal cut of the stadium revenue? Croke Park, Bruce is clearing about 4m per show. The 7 members of the band aren't earning 600k per show each!!

They're on a salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Werchter pit tickets secured. €160 but with cheap flights and no Dublin-style fleecing by hotels it works out ok. Also it's a festival and not being advertised as The River tour. Plenty of boxes ticked there, though I'll be in the bar when Simply Fk'in Red take the stage......

Common knowledge. Also in a couple of books I've read over the years which I couldn't be arsed digging out.

Do you really think Bruce was giving his keyboard player an equal cut of the stadium revenue? Croke Park, Bruce is clearing about 4m per show. The 7 members of the band aren't earning 600k per show each!!

They're on a salary.

Makes sense. He is the only reason they are playing, and it's all his music.

Makes sense. He is the only reason they are playing, and it's all his music.

Indeed. When they made the step up to stadiums he changed the setup. But they rode the gravy train for a long time. Fair play to Bruce.

He also gave them $2 million each when he split up the band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Werchter pit tickets secured. €160 but with cheap flights and no Dublin-style fleecing by hotels it works out ok. Also it's a festival and not being advertised as The River tour. Plenty of boxes ticked there, though I'll be in the bar when Simply Fk'in Red take the stage......

You should go to see Simply Red, they were great in Dublin last December.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Could we start a new thread its 2016

There's a surprise....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I see Paris indoors at the Bercy is confirmed for 2 nights in July ,11th and 13th July.
    The European Championships final is on the 10th .
    I might head over for that and give Croke park a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder what the merchandise will be like for Croke Park ???. Cheaper to buy off the online store ???.

sadly my irish 2013 tour shirt (really cool shirt) wont fit me anymore

http://brucespringsteen.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=BSPWEBWWEUR&sku=BSP67318. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

http://brucespringsteen.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=BSPWEBWWEUR&sku=BSP67255. looks like something u get in pennys

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder what the merchandise will be like for Croke Park ???. Cheaper to buy off the online store ???.

sadly my irish 2013 tour shirt (really cool shirt) wont fit me anymore

http://brucespringsteen.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=BSPWEBWWEUR&sku=BSP67318. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

http://brucespringsteen.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=BSPWEBWWEUR&sku=BSP67255. looks like something u get in pennys

Looking to wear the tshirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking to wear the tshirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy.

Always buy t shirts/programmes at concerts. I'm not paying 80 Euro plus about 50 Euro delivery fee for a bomber jacket. Won a voucher for Amazon and got a cheap cartoon Bruce t shirt

I'm not like the bandwagon Jersey wearer who wears the Irish Jersey with pride when it's the in thing. U ask these people are u watching the match at the weekend and they answer u 'who's playing'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,854 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PTH2009 wrote: »

Well if its anything like the U2 merchandise ,it will be crap.

I had a good look at the shirts in Dublin and they felt like they would fall apart after a few washes ,very light and cheap material.
    The one I bought off a hawker outside for 10 euro was far superior quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I like the jacket tbh. It's the kind of thing I would normally wear anyway. The fact that the logo is small would be a bonus.
    If price is the same at the show I'll be tempted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Just a reminder - Barcelona on sale this morning at 9am Irish time for anyone interested in going.

Advertisement