Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Hey,
    I received my ticket this morning, I notice my name is on it, is that to stop reselling ? or can I resell this ticket ?

btw - I am aware of the rules, I am not trying to re sell this ticket .. just curious to see if this rule is in place ... Bruce did it before didn't he ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Hey,
    I received my ticket this morning, I notice my name is on it, is that to stop reselling ? or can I resell this ticket ?

btw - I am aware of the rules, I am not trying to re sell this ticket .. just curious to see if this rule is in place ... Bruce did it before didn't he ?

Names are always on tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hey,

Any tickets iv'e got from ticketmaster in the last while, my name was on it, it was definitely on our garth brooks tickets, and im fairly sure it was on our Bruce tickets when he played in cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

So that does prevent a re sell then ?

do they check ID at the doors ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

So that does prevent a re sell then ?

do they check ID at the doors ?

Nope resell all you like, and no ID check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Has anyone NOT yet received their standing tickets for this? Little worried as my mate got his.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mine arrived either friday or yesterday . Only checked the letter box yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Mine haven't arrived yet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

wacotaco wrote: »
    Has anyone NOT yet received their standing tickets for this? Little worried as my mate got his.

worst that can happen is you have to report that you never got them and you pick up replacements at the box office, usually have to show the CC that paid for them. No charge for this.

If they were stolen in the post it doesn't matter, the originals will have their barcodes cancelled so they cannot be used, even if the thief turns up first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

You should be. Have a mate who works in Ticketmaster and he told me that their systems crashed and they've lost the details of the sale for hundreds of tickets for Springsteen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

The Nal wrote: »
    You should be. Have a mate who works in Ticketmaster and he told me that their systems crashed and they've lost the details of the sale for hundreds of tickets for Springsteen.

My mate's the head of IT for Ticketmaster. He said that hasn't happened.

Effects wrote: »

Sure he is

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF OF THE YEAR! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

larry1 wrote: »
    SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF OF THE YEAR! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

10 days too early though.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

I just assumed they posted all the tickets in one go.

I just assumed they posted all the tickets in one go.

They did. But they lost so many of the orders

Sure he is

You're just annoyed cause your mate works for my mate.

I also checked with my buddy in Aiken and they know nothing about this mysterious ticket disappearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Received mine in the post today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Effects wrote: »

Is this him ?

readImage?iid=10480916

Zardoz wrote: »
    Is this him ?

readImage?iid=10480916

Close. He uses a windows laptop though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

less than 2 months away from the Croke Park dates.

Setlists in the us not changing much (obv the river format wont change but the hour of classics). I imagine 'The Rising' may be played in Croke park with the year thats in it .

Dublin will be electric that weekend (ireland playing Holland the friday in the aviva, Champions League final/Guniness pro 12 grand final on Tv the saturday)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    less than 2 months away from the Croke Park dates.

Setlists in the us not changing much (obv the river format wont change but the hour of classics). I imagine 'The Rising' may be played in Croke park with the year thats in it .

Dublin will be electric that weekend (ireland playing Holland the friday in the aviva, Champions League final/Guniness pro 12 grand final on Tv the saturday)

Christ the Holland game is on the same night? Town will be bananas! Great stuff.

I'm hoping they rehearse up a few tunes in the 3 weeks between the US and Euro leg. Setlists so far make the tour a 1 gig only affair.

Christ the Holland game is on the same night? Town will be bananas! Great stuff.

I'm hoping they rehearse up a few tunes in the 3 weeks between the US and Euro leg. Setlists so far make the tour a 1 gig only affair.

Yeah staying in the citywest on the friday praying the luas strike will be over by then as its a handy mode of transport into the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

And the age old question that had to be asked, does anyone know the story about pit passes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

And the age old question that had to be asked, does anyone know the story about pit passes?

If you want to be in barrier, then number roll call, normally starts night before concert.

To just be in the pit, show up about an hour before gates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

bennyl10 wrote: »
    If you want to be in barrier, then number roll call, normally starts night before concert.

To just be in the pit, show up about an hour before gates :)

Cheers! Any idea what gate the passes will be at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Sunday seating tickets available just checked out

Will any future bruce show in ireland have as much hype and demand as these Croke Park shows ???

theres not many places left for bruce to play in ireland as he has done Slane, the point, RDS, Thomond Park, Nowlan Park, PUC, Belfast and croke park very soon.

Possibily if the e street band are calling it a day and do one final world tour then they will be a massive demand for which ever irish venue they play.

would love to see the seger sessions tour again (too young to go last time lol)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will any future bruce show in ireland have as much hype and demand as these Croke Park shows ???

theres not many places left for bruce to play in ireland as he has done Slane, the point, RDS, Thomond Park, Nowlan Park, PUC, Belfast and croke park very soon.

Possibily if the e street band are calling it a day and do one final world tour then they will be a massive demand for which ever irish venue they play.

would love to see the seger sessions tour again (too young to go last time lol)

its as much the venue as the act. The Script played Croker. A lot of people love the day out, buying pink cowboy hats and glow sticks. The act isn't as important for many.

Still looking forward to peoples reactions when they realise hes playing all of the album!

• Advertisement

its as much the venue as the act. The Script played Croker. A lot of people love the day out, buying pink cowboy hats and glow sticks. The act isn't as important for many.

Still looking forward to peoples reactions when they realise hes playing all of the album!

yeah 20% or even a lot more people there will be hit junkies and only knw DITD,BTR etc. These people will get messy drunk, start rows, talk during the quite songs etc. THE Gaa should turn off wifi and get the phone networks to turn off the data connections in and around croke park so nobody will be taking selfies and all that ****e lol.

anyway im going to enjoy myself and hear some good music. cant wait to read about the bandwagoners on here after the shows

Advertisement