Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭Speak Now

sirmanga wrote: »
    I wouldn't want my daughter sharing a bathroom with a man just because he says he's a woman.
    Disgusting. This is why the world is in the state it's in.

I'd expect nothing else from someone using water charges as a comparable example.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I wouldn't want my daughter sharing a bathroom with a man just because he says he's a woman.
    Disgusting. This is why the world is in the state it's in.

Colleges in Ireland are in process of installing unisex bathrooms in campuses . Will you stop your daughter going to them?.

What if they've transitioned and are now physically a female?

Bruce, like many others, are standing against a law that does nothing but discriminate.

Standing up for people.. how dare he

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1107776919262266&substory_index=0&id=145525518820749

I hope nobody panicked after the ticket sale and bought off touts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1107776919262266&substory_index=0&id=145525518820749

A good few did I suspect.

Pure nonsense by the promoters as usual ,pretending a gig is sold out when its nowhere near sold out.
    Sell the worst seats first by panicking people into thinking that nothing better is available .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

bennyl10 wrote: »

You'll find similar statements from the same people in relation to same sex marriage about how "they're rubbing our faces in it" and "they should be quiet now as they've got what they wanted", and other classics like "the no side were silenced and afraid to voice their concerns" and so on. Par for the course. Can't let people get too far ahead of themselves. It's why change comes so slowly. Maybe a good thing in many respects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Colleges in Ireland are in process of installing unisex bathrooms in campuses . Will you stop your daughter going to them?.

What if they've transitioned and are now physically a female?

Bruce, like many others, are standing against a law that does nothing but discriminate.

I for one am glad that men are discriminated from going into female bathrooms and that women are discriminated from going into male bathrooms. The idea that a bloke can throw on a dress and wander into a female bathroom is disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

The idea that a bloke can throw on a dress and wander into a female bathroom is disgusting.
    Does your 'idea' actually happen much in the real world? Is it as 'disgusting' as when a gang of pi$$ed and giggly women skip the long queue at the ladies at a gig or a match and burst into the gents?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

RainyDay wrote: »
    Does your 'idea' actually happen much in the real world? Is it as 'disgusting' as when a gang of pi$$ed and giggly women skip the long queue at the ladies at a gig or a match and burst into the gents?

Yes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I for one am glad that men are discriminated from going into female bathrooms and that women are discriminated from going into male bathrooms. The idea that a bloke can throw on a dress and wander into a female bathroom is disgusting.

Um that's not the definition of transgender or the definition of someone transitioning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Yes it is.

Which of the two questions does this answer? Would you like to answer the one that you ignored?

If it's an answer to the second one (drunken women in the mens loo), do you think we need additional legislation to prevent this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

People were panicking everywhere yeah. Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

While the cancellation of the North Carolina gig by Bruce Springsteen was relevant to this thread, vitriolic and deliberately ignorant comments by certain users regarding transgender people will not be tolerated. Further posts of that nature will result in infractions and/or bans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Weird that Bruce played in Dallas, Texas last week where they have the death penalty. Maybe executing a human being is not as important an issue as which toilet transgender people can use.
    He's all about human rights is our Bruce.

The Nal wrote: »
    People were panicking everywhere yeah. Idiots.

people will never learn

will this allocation of tickets sell out quick though ??? most people have tickets by now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

people will never learn

will this allocation of tickets sell out quick though ??? most people have tickets by now

Theres a run on Toutless now selling tickets. As there will be the week of the gig. Always is.

Depends how many there are but either way, anyone after a ticket for either date will get one. People originally panic buying Davin stand tickets for 120 quid. Dear oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Weird that Bruce played in Dallas, Texas last week where they have the death penalty. Maybe executing a human being is not as important an issue as which toilet transgender people can use.

Death penalty doesn't discriminate against a group of people does it?..

On topic, any clue which tickets ate going back up?..
    Standing or a mixed bag?..

Death penalty doesn't discriminate against a group of people does it?..

On topic, any clue which tickets ate going back up?..
    Standing or a mixed bag?..

Executing a human being is a human rights issue. Bruce cancelled as he believes the bathroom bill is a human rights issue. Sentencing someone to death in 2016 America is something that needs addressing far more than toilets.
    It just isn't topical enough for Bruce. Either that or he is in favour of putting someone in a chamber until they suffocate or injecting someone with poison until their internal organs shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Executing a human being is a human rights issue. Bruce cancelled as he believes the bathroom bill is a human rights issue. Sentencing someone to death in 2016 America is something that needs addressing far more than toilets.
    It just isn't topical enough for Bruce. Either that or he is in favour of putting someone in a chamber until they suffocate or injecting someone with poison until their internal organs shut down.

Why are you on this thread sirmanga, you are clearly not a Springsteen fan??

The death penalty is inhumane and needs to be outlawed but you have to pick your battle and the bathroom bill is totally a human rights issue. this is not about someone putting on a dress and wondering into the ladies. It is about people who are born in the wrong body and are transgendering into the body they should have been.

I would be sad and upset if I had to have had tickets for the show but I would understand and as it is a more important issue than a concert.

If they had just introduced the death penalty in the days or weeks before the Texas concert, he may well have cancelled.
    Of course it's not topical enough for a cancelled concert to have any effect on the death penalty law in Texas. Hence the reasoning behind cancelling the NC gig in the immediate aftermath of a new law which discriminates against people.

You are really reaching here and it's just coming off as intellectual dishonesty at this stage. It's blatantly obvious you have some personal problem with Springsteen and you would be better off resolving it yourself rather than imposing it on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

The Nal wrote: »
    Theres a run on Toutless now selling tickets. As there will be the week of the gig. Always is.

Depends how many there are but either way, anyone after a ticket for either date will get one. People originally panic buying Davin stand tickets for 120 quid. Dear oh dear.

The pain in the ass part of buying tickets through Ticketmaster online for live music events, is that, when there is a huge demand for tickets, as soon as they go on sale, people are put in a queue and could end up waiting the guts of 40 minutes to an hour trying to get through to the section to select tickets.

Then when they do, and they select the 'best available' option, and it selects a section like the Davin Stand, the ticketmaster selection process doesn't indicate what other seated blocks of the venue has available seats, or if there are any standing left or not. Sometimes people can be lucky, if they start over again and may get standing tickets, but that seems to be a case of just being lucky, in cases where there is massive demand.

In fairness to anyone who bought tickets in the Davin Stand, they have no way of knowing, in what other sections tickets might still be available, when they buy the tickets that are offered to them, or what tickets might be released months later, when they buy the tickets that the webpage selects, on the day the tickets go on sale.

They also have no way of knowing when Aiken or Ticketmaster might release more tickets.

The frustrating thing about the Ticketmaster ticket selection process, is that on ticketmaster's site, in the case of Musical, Theatre and Sports events, they allow customers choose from a plan view, what seat they want, in much the same way as the National Concert Hall, and it shows you where in the venue, tickets are available and which seats have already been bought.

I have noticed on ticketmaster.ie, that recently in the case of the 3 Arena for music gigs, it no longer has, in the drop down menu, an option for checking each individual Block from A to G in the first level of seated blocks, and then H to P in the second level of seats.

It just has an option to select flat seating or tiered seating, so again, it doesn't tell you if you select tiered seating, where else other tickets are available.

So, if you select best available, and you are looking for two seats, it might select you block A Row 3 seats 3 and 4, at the left hand side edge of the venue as you face the stage, but it will not tell you that there may be five free seats together in Block D, row 5, where you'd have a much better view of the stage, as it is centrally located.

That's my impression, of the way the ticketmaster ticket selection process operates, when buying online.:)

• Advertisement

Canadel wrote: »
    If they had just introduced the death penalty in the days or weeks before the Texas concert, he may well have cancelled.

Of course it's not topical enough for a cancelled concert to have any effect on the death penalty law in Texas. Hence the reasoning behind cancelling the NC gig in the immediate aftermath of a new law which discriminates against people.

You are really reaching here and it's just coming off as intellectual dishonesty at this stage. It's blatantly obvious you have some personal problem with Springsteen and you would be better off resolving it yourself rather than imposing it on the thread.

Oh OK so because the death penalty has been used for a long time then it's not worth protesting.
    It's just because LGBT rights is the in thing to be seen to support now, Bruce has gotten in on the act.
    It's the PC world we now live in. The world is a mess. Nobody considers Christian rights anymore. If you make a joke about priests being paedophiles then you are hilarious and a comedian, if you make a joke about Muslims being suicide bombers you are an "Islamaphobe".
    It's people like Bruce who are contributing to this erasing of the rights of Christian people, a right to speak out on their beliefs without fear of being called bigoted or racist. He should be ashamed of himself. Also he should start paying proper taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Oh OK so because the death penalty has been used for a long time then it's not worth protesting.
    It's just because LGBT rights is the in thing to be seen to support now, Bruce has gotten in on the act.
    It's the PC world we now live in. The world is a mess. Nobody considers Christian rights anymore. If you make a joke about priests being paedophiles then you are hilarious and a comedian, if you make a joke about Muslims being suicide bombers you are an "Islamaphobe".
    It's people like Bruce who are contributing to this erasing of the rights of Christian people, a right to speak out on their beliefs without fear of being called bigoted or racist. He should be ashamed of himself. Also he should start paying proper taxes.

Were you on Liveline today by any chance?

If you want to go protest the death penalty in Texas, fire ahead. Nobody is stopping you. But as you said yourself, it's not topical at the moment, and Springsteen cancelling a concert there would not have had the same desired effect as cancelling the NC concert as already explained. And if he did cancel the Texas concert, you would be making the same argument here about it having no effect, as well as the argument about screwing the fans. So he can't win with you really.

Were you on Liveline today by any chance?
    No, he's a hospital administrator in London..

If you want to go protest the death penalty in Texas, fire ahead. Nobody is stopping you. But as you said yourself, it's not topical at the moment, and Springsteen cancelling a concert there would not have had the same desired effect as cancelling the NC concert as already explained. And if he did cancel the Texas concert, you would be making the same argument here about it having no effect, as well as the argument about screwing the fans. So he can't win with you really.

That's my point. I wouldn't expect him to cancel a concert in Texas either. But if he's going to cancel for one thing then why not another? Where does it stop? Before we buy tickets and book flights to see Bruce, will we have to look at any proposed bills being introduced in the city where the gig is on? If it's a bill that may go against his beliefs, we better get refundable flights and hotels in that event.
    He's so out of touch with what fans go through to buy tickets, book flights, take holidays just to see him.
    There are many things normal everyday working people don't agree with in their cities, but we still show up for work.

That's my point. I wouldn't expect him to cancel a concert in Texas either. But if he's going to cancel for one thing then why not another? Where does it stop? Before we buy tickets and book flights to see Bruce, will we have to look at any proposed bills being introduced in the city where the gig is on? If it's a bill that may go against his beliefs, we better get refundable flights and hotels in that event.
    He's so out of touch with what fans go through to buy tickets, book flights, take holidays just to see him.
    There are many things normal everyday working people don't agree with in their cities, but we still show up for work.
    My point is that the cancelled gig in NC may have an actual effect because the bill is topical. Hence why he did it. You make a worthy point about the ordinary people losing out but I guess we have to look at the bigger pictures sometimes. And at the end of the day, while Bruce may be just another ordinary person, he is known world wide as the Boss and his influence can be extraordinary.

My point is that the cancelled gig in NC may have an actual effect because the bill is topical. Hence why he did it. You make a worthy point about the ordinary people losing out but I guess we have to look at the bigger pictures sometimes. And at the end of the day, while Bruce may be just another ordinary person, he is known world wide as the Boss and his influence can be extraordinary.

Yes I agree with you, he does have greater influence than you or I or the ordinary working person.
    But there were ways he could have handled this better. He gave two days notice! This has been a topical issue for weeks. He should put his fans first, state his piece at the gig and vow never to return until things have changed. Bring on stage LGBTs, celebrity pals, politicians opposed to the bill. All he has done to the people who were going to the gig is screw them out of money and enjoyment.

Yes I agree with you, he does have greater influence than you or I or the ordinary working person.
    But there were ways he could have handled this better. He gave two days notice! This has been a topical issue for weeks. He should put his fans first, state his piece at the gig and vow never to return until things have changed. Bring on stage LGBTs, celebrity pals, politicians opposed to the bill. All he has done to the people who were going to the gig is screw them out of money and enjoyment.

Bryan Adams cancelled a gig too in Mississippi over the same issue

Bryan Adams cancelled a gig too in Mississippi over the same issue

Of course he did.
    You will see a lot of artists cancelling now. Not because they want to but because Bruce has created an environment whereby an artist will feel they will taint their image by playing in NC or Mississippi. Hopping on the PC bandwagon. By force if necessary.
    If you have a different view of things you'll be called a bigot, a racist etc. Pathetic.

• Advertisement

Anyway, it's been good debating with all of you. I'm sure I'll be banned for daring to disagree with liberals.

Advertisement