Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

sirmanga wrote: »
    I'm sure I'll be banned for daring to disagree with liberals.
    If there's one thing worse than liberals, it's liberals who try to win with suppression rather than a better argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

On a different note, i briefly heard this evening on the 5m news on RTE2 that extra tickets for his concerts are gonna be released on Thurs.

Am i assuming these are the tickets that were in places, that no one wanted & are now given a new lease of life again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

On a different note, i briefly heard this evening on the 5m news on RTE2 that extra tickets for his concerts are gonna be released on Thurs.

Am i assuming these are the tickets that were in places, that no one wanted & are now given a new lease of life again ;)

I'm curious if the tickets to be released on Thursday are located towards the front of both the Hogan and Cusack stands, almost, but not totally, in line with the stage?

Maybe they confirmed the design and size of the stage and have worked out that they can release more tickets in certain seated areas of the Hogan and Cusack stands - that were not released on the first day of general sale - that they may have previously thought would have been restricted viewing areas?

Or would the tickets be seats, that may have been reserved for advertisers and sponsors, that ended up not getting used?

https://crokepark.ie/stadium/commercial

I don't know, but it'd be interesting to know what tickets are being released on Thursday and why they were held back and not released with the other tickets on the first day of sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

These tickets will be production seats, most promotors will release them when they get the specs for the stage, we got some awesome seats for Metallica at Wembley stadium this way

I'd say it'll be Cusack 301, 501, 701 and Hogan 336, 536 & 736, not the whole blocks just selected seats

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The pain in the ass part of buying tickets through Ticketmaster online for live music events, is that, when there is a huge demand for tickets, as soon as they go on sale, people are put in a queue and could end up waiting the guts of 40 minutes to an hour trying to get through to the section to select tickets.

Then when they do, and they select the 'best available' option, and it selects a section like the Davin Stand, the ticketmaster selection process doesn't indicate what other seated blocks of the venue has available seats, or if there are any standing left or not. Sometimes people can be lucky, if they start over again and may get standing tickets, but that seems to be a case of just being lucky, in cases where there is massive demand.

In fairness to anyone who bought tickets in the Davin Stand, they have no way of knowing, in what other sections tickets might still be available, when they buy the tickets that are offered to them, or what tickets might be released months later, when they buy the tickets that the webpage selects, on the day the tickets go on sale.

They also have no way of knowing when Aiken or Ticketmaster might release more tickets.

The frustrating thing about the Ticketmaster ticket selection process, is that on ticketmaster's site, in the case of Musical, Theatre and Sports events, they allow customers choose from a plan view, what seat they want, in much the same way as the National Concert Hall, and it shows you where in the venue, tickets are available and which seats have already been bought.

I have noticed on ticketmaster.ie, that recently in the case of the 3 Arena for music gigs, it no longer has, in the drop down menu, an option for checking each individual Block from A to G in the first level of seated blocks, and then H to P in the second level of seats.

It just has an option to select flat seating or tiered seating, so again, it doesn't tell you if you select tiered seating, where else other tickets are available.

So, if you select best available, and you are looking for two seats, it might select you block A Row 3 seats 3 and 4, at the left hand side edge of the venue as you face the stage, but it will not tell you that there may be five free seats together in Block D, row 5, where you'd have a much better view of the stage, as it is centrally located.

That's my impression, of the way the ticketmaster ticket selection process operates, when buying online.:)

People need to do their research. Logging on at 8.58am and hitting "best available" is very Celtic Tiger. Mostly you can chose at least a general area.

I don't know, but it'd be interesting to know what tickets are being released on Thursday and why they were held back and not released with the other tickets on the first day of sale.

Just creating demand, helps to sell the sh1tty Davin seats and the back of the other stands, knowing people will panic, and helps sell out he Sunday aswell. Theres loads of tickets left and will be hundreds and hundreds outside the venue on the days of the gig.

Its a Croke Park gig! No issue with tickets. Amazing that people still fall for TBastards shtick.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    People need to do their research. Logging on at 8.58am and hitting "best available" is very Celtic Tiger. Mostly you can chose at least a general area.

Just creating demand, helps to sell the sh1tty Davin seats and the back of the other stands, knowing people will panic, and helps sell out he Sunday aswell. Theres loads of tickets left and will be hundreds and hundreds outside the venue on the days of the gig.

Its a Croke Park gig! No issue with tickets. Amazing that people still fall for TBastards shtick.

I don't get the point of referring to the Celtic Tiger. The reason I mentioned the ticket selection process and using the best available option, was to highlight the way, when using best available, it doesn't always actually select the best available tickets.

It seems to select tickets as near to the stage as possible, but those tickets may not be the best seats, for example if it is a fully seated gig in the Olympia and you search for two tickets, it may select row B seats 1 and 2, where you'd be sitting pretty much in front of the amplifiers and wouldn't have a full view of the stage, but it won't let you know that there are four seats free in row f from seats 11 to 14, which is more central.

I also mentioned using the option of best available, because in the cases of tickets being released for gigs with massive demand - like Bruce Springsteen, Garth Brooks, or Adele - is because as soon as they go on sale, people don't really have time to check different sections, considering that if they did that, they could end up waiting 10 minutes, 20 minutes or 40 plus minutes in a queue, each time they check each different stand, or general standing area, hoping to get through to the page to buy the tickets.

How do you know how many tickets are left for Bruce Springsteen, or that there'd be hundreds available on the day?

Even if there are loads available on the day through ticketmaster, anyone who doesn't have a ticket who will be hoping to get tickets, will be looking for tickets along with loads of other people, and it will be a case of first come first served using ticketmaster, or they'd be hoping to meet people with spare tickets who won't charge above face value.

It'd be a case of having to get to the venue much earlier than if they already have a ticket, and being in the right place at the right time.

I don't get the point of referring to the Celtic Tiger. The reason I mentioned the ticket selection process and using the best available option, was to highlight the way, when using best available, it doesn't always actually select the best available tickets.

It seems to select tickets as near to the stage as possible, but those tickets may not be the best seats, for example if it is a fully seated gig in the Olympia and you search for two tickets, it may select row B seats 1 and 2, where you'd be sitting pretty much in front of the amplifiers and wouldn't have a full view of the stage, but it won't let you know that there are four seats free in row f from seats 11 to 14, which is more central.

I also mentioned using the option of best available, because in the cases of tickets being released for gigs with massive demand - like Bruce Springsteen, Garth Brooks, or Adele - is because as soon as they go on sale, people don't really have time to check different sections, considering that if they did that, they could end up waiting 10 minutes, 20 minutes or 40 plus minutes in a queue, each time they check each different stand, or general standing area, hoping to get through to the page to buy the tickets.

How do you know how many tickets are left for Bruce Springsteen, or that there'd be hundreds available on the day?

Even if there are loads available on the day through ticketmaster, anyone who doesn't have a ticket who will be hoping to get tickets, will be looking for tickets along with loads of other people, and it will be a case of first come first served using ticketmaster, or they'd be hoping to meet people with spare tickets who won't charge above face value.

It'd be a case of having to get to the venue much earlier than if they already have a ticket, and being in the right place at the right time.

People about to drop 100 quid + on a ticket really should have a plan. If they dont they have more money than sense. Or are just big event whores and couldnt care less. Guarantee you loads of people will be unhappy with their seats once they get to them. "Fcuk, we're miles away".

Touts will be selling tickets, Toutless will be (are selling) tickets, people will be selling tickets on Facebook and whatsapp groups, Ticketmaster will be selling tickets. All of these big events are easy to get tickets for. Stadium shows, Slane etc.

Regarding "best available", Ticketmaster were saying that the Davin seats were the best available seats after a while on ticket day knowing that they would be putting more on sale this week for the pitch, Cusack and Hogan Stands. This has always been the case.

Have a look at the amount of tickets on Toutless now, and we're still 6 weeks away from the gig. People who panic bought sh1t seats now trying to panic sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I think The Nal is right about this one. The amount of people I've heard saying that they weren't sure if they'd go or not - but were going to get a ticket anyway. "Shure it's Bruce Springsteen. There'll be no problem selling it on if need be". Half these people won't go. Especially if the tickets they get aren't decent. It will only take a small thing to change their plans - holidays, football match on, price of hotels too high etc.

People about to drop 100 quid + on a ticket really should have a plan. If they dont they have more money than sense. Or are just big event whores and couldnt care less. Guarantee you loads of people will be unhappy with their seats once they get to them. "Fcuk, we're miles away".

Touts will be selling tickets, Toutless will be (are selling) tickets, people will be selling tickets on Facebook and whatsapp groups, Ticketmaster will be selling tickets. All of these big events are easy to get tickets for. Stadium shows, Slane etc.

Regarding "best available", Ticketmaster were saying that the Davin seats were the best available seats after a while on ticket day knowing that they would be putting more on sale this week for the pitch, Cusack and Hogan Stands. This has always been the case.

Have a look at the amount of tickets on Toutless now, and we're still 6 weeks away from the gig. People who panic bought sh1t seats now trying to panic sell them.

The point I am making is that, for example, if they want to buy a seated ticket, they can't really plan to buy a ticket in a specific seated block area of the venue, in any specific seated blocks of the Davin, Cusack or Hogan stands, because the Ticketmaster system will not let them.

The only way to find out exactly what tickets are and aren't available would be to ring the ticketmaster booking line, and that would take ages to get through to speak to someone, on the morning gigs like Bruce Springsteen goes on sale.

Anyone looking for tickets can't, for example, on the morning the tickets go on sale and there's thousands of people looking for tickets at the same time - and they end up waiting in a queue and the Ticketmaster page is telling them not to refresh the page because they'll end up starting all over again - plan to buy tickets in Block 333 or Block 334, or Blocks 303 or 304.

The only options on the drop down menu for seated areas are either upper or lower tiers on the Hogan, Cusack and Davin stands.

They have no way of knowing - if when they get through the process, and they get offered seated tickets in Blocks 327 or 313 - if there are any available in other blocks nearer the stage, like Block 303.

On the morning the tickets go on sale, if they are queuing at a ticketmaster outlet, it is just a case of being in the right place and the right time, early enough before the tickets go on sale, to be near the top of the queue, in order to get a decent seat.

If they are trying online, it is a case of being lucky enough to get through the buying process swiftly enough to get a decent seat.

You mentioned that tickets on sale on Thursday will be standing as well as in the Cusack and Hogan stand. How can you be sure in what areas the tickets will be, that are going on sale on Thursday?

How can you be sure in what areas the tickets will be, that are going on sale on Thursday?

Because Ticketmaster hold back tickets from all areas, force people to buy the more expensive seats etc. They're absolute dirtbags who operate like bottom feeders. And people still fall for it.

Real shame the gigs are in Croker. Apart from Slane its the worst venue in the country.

• Advertisement

Because Ticketmaster hold back tickets from all areas, force people to buy the more expensive seats etc. They're absolute dirtbags who operate like bottom feeders. And people still fall for it.

Real shame the gigs are in Croker. Apart from Slane its the worst venue in the country.

I would guess, that anyone who bought Davin Stand tickets on the day the tickets were released, cannot really be certain that they would get better seats later on.

Your earlier post on this issue suggested that anyone who had bought Davin Stand tickets, on the day the tickets were released, should not have done so, and you seemed to suggest that they should have waited for more to be released.

I mean, if no one bought any tickets in the Davin Stand, hoping instead to get better seats later on, that would create an even bigger demand for the tickets, in other areas of the venue, for example the tickets that are going to be released on Thursday, so it would be the same hassle all over again for anyone trying to get tickets, with people being placed in queues online, being told not to refresh the page, and when they get a ticket offered as available, the ticketmaster system does not tell then what other tickets are available.

It just seems to be down to timing and luck, when people manage to get good seats or standing tickets, for these types of gigs that have massive demand.

It made sense for Aiken to use Croke Park as the venue, considering how well both gigs have sold. Bruce Springsteen has played the RDS in recent years, but the capacity of the RDS is under half the capacity of Croke Park, as far as I know.

Your earlier post on this issue suggested that anyone who had bought Davin Stand tickets, on the day the tickets were released, should not have done so, and you seemed to suggest that they should have waited for more to be released.

Some people don't care and would sit anywhere yeah. I had the option of Davin stand tickets and refused. Refused a Cusack seats too actually. Got standing Sunday tickets instead. Which Ill swap for Friday.

To be fair I was in the Davin stand for U2 and the sound was great. Better than the sound in the boxes the next night. Couldnt see a thing from the Davin stand though. And didnt pay 110 quid for the seat either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Even the ticket touts are trying to offload the crap seats at face value :D
    http://www.adverts.ie/shops/premierticketssales/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

For people that don't go to shows, are content to watch it on a screen maybe the Davin stand is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wooderson wrote: »
    For people that don't go to shows, are content to watch it on a screen maybe the Davin stand is fine.

I think the Davin upper would have a decent view although it's very far from the stage. U would see everything that's going on the stage (Bruce's shows are more about the music than the visuals)

I'm in the cusack lower block 307 on the Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Haven't gone back any further than the last few shows, but in each of the last 8 (maybe 10 actually?) gigs, the post-River section of the gig has been selected from the same few tracks.

Born to Run
    Born in the USA
    Dancing in the Dark
    Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
    Rosalita
    Shout
    Bobby Jean

Only exception was Wrecking Ball in LA, but all the other gigs had 4 or 5 of these tracks.

All good live songs that will get a great reaction, but I would prefer to see a bit more from Darkness on the Edge of Town myself. Even just some bit of unpredictability!!

Still, plenty of time for it to change up before the Dublin shows.

Im interested to see will Bruce reward queue-ers with pre-shows again...

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I think the Davin upper would have a decent view

Cracking view yeah. You'll be able to see the whites of his eyes!

3766310596_6320b0c9e8_b.jpg

With Bruces smaller stage the Davin Stand is probably over 120 metres away.
    Im interested to see will Bruce reward queue-ers with pre-shows again...

First things first, will people be able to queue? They weren't allowed for Ed Sheeran, 1D or The Script.

—–IMPORTANT : NO QUEUING ALLOWED PRIOR TO GATES OPENING —–

Croke Park is in a residential area and all patrons attending the concerts are asked to respect the privacy and interests of the local community.

No queuing of any kind will be allowed in the vicinity of Croke Park. All early arrivals will be turned away.

https://twitter.com/CrokePark/status/468127040873701377
    https://twitter.com/CrokePark/status/461594129911545856

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Why don't they slowly release the extra tickets now instead of a simultaneous sale on Thursday morning ?
    Most likely so that they can foist more crap seats on the public .
    These tickets will be production seats, most promotors will release them when they get the specs for the stage, we got some awesome seats for Metallica at Wembley stadium this way

Unlikely to be just production seats this far out ,over 6 weeks .
    Production seats are usually only released a week or 2 before the gig ,often less .

They held back a huge amount of tickets day one to build hype and to sell the worst tickets first .

In a stadium show there are precious few seats where you can see the whites of the performers eyes. Same can be said for any show in Ireland bigger than the Vic or the Olympia. I don't get the point here, soz Nal.

• Advertisement

As for queueing, I don't think its hard to predict that there'll be a queue for the show somewhere.

In a stadium show there are precious few seats where you can see the whites of the performers eyes. Same can be said for any show in Ireland bigger than the Vic or the Olympia. I don't get the point here, soz Nal.

They're sh1t seats is the point. As are most of the seats in Croker. I was in a corporate box in the Cusack Stand for U2. Mid level, right in the centre. They were sh1t too.

Its a poxy fcuking venue.

They're sh1t seats is the point. As are most of the seats in Croker. I was in a corporate box in the Cusack Stand for U2. Mid level, right in the centre. They were sh1t too.

Its a poxy fcuking venue.

People aren't paying for the small club gig experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Plenty available this morning, all stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Plenty available this morning, all stands.

I was late logging on, I am seeing only seating tickets. Are there any standing tickets at all?

As for queueing, I don't think its hard to predict that there'll be a queue for the show somewhere.

Course, but it will be interesting to see where and what time etc.
    lukin wrote: »
    I was late logging on, I am seeing only seating tickets. Are there any standing tickets at all?

Seems not. Id say they'll be released closer to the date. They want to sell all the sh1tty seats first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Course, but it will be interesting to see where and what time etc.

Seems not. Id say they'll be released closer to the date. They want to sell all the sh1tty seats first.

Not all ****ty, had a good few bang centre of cusack pop up, couple in premium level too..

Doesn't seem to be any standing though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Is the Davin stand really bad?

Is the Davin stand really bad?

Its the entire length of the pitch away from the stage. Not a normal pitch either, a GAA pitch. 144m long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

much better seats on there now than the ones i got in the first sale :(:(:(:(:(:(

Advertisement