Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

The snobbery here is something else
    I find the most of the "sing the hits" fans are from Dublin who have managed to get free tickets
    I suppose some people would not be happy unless Bruce was playing in Vicar Street and playing only B sides

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shylock16

Have a bus organised for the Friday gig from Enniscorthy (Wexford). Anyone interested in travelling up PM me !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The boys and girls from longford/cavan and the likes will love hearing 'shout' after there feed of pints.

They're just happy with the big day out. Could be anyone playing. Any excuse to get out of the midlands for the day. Into Coppers for the shift after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

TM got back to me regarding the non-appearance of Friday tickets, they were posted in March. They offered to re-issue duplicates for collection on the day or post out at a cost of €3 each.....I chose the latter.

I assume someone is going to be disappointed when they turn up with my originals on the day......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

A bit rich of them to charge another €3 on top of the nearly €7 per ticket they are already charging. To be honest its not like you lost the tickets so don't see why you should have to pay more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Heads up: Just picked up a standing Sunday ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    TM got back to me regarding the non-appearance of Friday tickets, they were posted in March. They offered to re-issue duplicates for collection on the day or post out at a cost of €3 each.....I chose the latter.

I assume someone is going to be disappointed when they turn up with my originals on the day......

Having bought my tickets from someone on adverts the above doesnt fill me with confidence. Flog couple tickets on the internet for sale, call ticket master and get them cancelled replaced, repeat. I show up to Croker with hard copy cancelled tickets.

Yeah, I'd be wary of that if someone has just registered on adverts, if they've been around a while and have good feedback on a number of sales you have a little more confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

a cost of €3 each.....I chose the latter.
    That's a fcuking disgrace.

At worst they should offer to change them to printouts for free.

If the likes of amazon failed to deliver goods I paid for I'd be hoping for vouchers or a freebie, absolute scum, I'd be emailing the papers/media, a new low for these fleecing scumbags.

To clarify, there's no charge for collection on the day, but I bought these tickets for someone else so I'd prefer to have them in hand now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Raoul

Still, I would kick up a bit of a fuss. Ridiculous that they would charge you 3 euro to post them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

To clarify, there's no charge for collection on the day
    Queues can be huge at the box office for big events like this, especially if a big glut of tickets have gone missing.

tickets.ie will sell you a ticket for some of the same events ticketmaster have with NO service charge for collection, or €1.50 to post ALL of them (not adding charges per ticket like TM). This smaller operation without economies of scale can obviously still make a healthy profit. So what the hell is your €6.85 PER TICKET going towards?
    Raoul wrote: »
    3 euro to post them.
    and it's €3 EACH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Raoul

rubadub wrote: »
    Queues can be huge at the box office for big events like this, especially if a big glut of tickets have gone missing.

tickets.ie will sell you a ticket for some of the same events ticketmaster have with NO service charge for collection, or €1.50 to post ALL of them (not adding charges per ticket like TM). This smaller operation without economies of scale can obviously still make a healthy profit. So what the hell is your €6.85 PER TICKET going towards?

and it's €3 EACH.

€3 each :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

rubadub wrote: »

If you think Ticketmaster fees in Ireland are bad have a look at them in the US .
    Its crazy over there ,usually ~20-25% extra on top of ticket price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Opened in Brooklyn tonight with purple stage singing Purple Rain. From periscope feed he seems to have nailed it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sulliview/status/724031429089345537

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

dixiefly wrote: »
    Opened in Brooklyn tonight with purple stage singing Purple Rain. From periscope feed he seems to have nailed it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sulliview/status/724031429089345537

And he said something like

the Brooklyn shows are the last two nights that they are "officially" playing the River from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Yes just saw that mentioned on another site, wonder what that means for European gigs.

Periscope video of purple rain here, probably better

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1RDGlpkXdmEGL

• Registered Users Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I cannot wait.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Same happened to me on last concert, nothing a week b4 concert, e eventually got some resolution after a few emails & got tickets on day of concert marked duplicates & there was quite a crowd queuing up for missing tickets.

I also heard after the concert Bruce found out & was livid that the tickets should have been sent out after purchasing, no doubt that's why i got mine quite a while ago, but it seems that some are still going missing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

And he said something like

the Brooklyn shows are the last two nights that they are "officially" playing the River from start to finish.
    Maybe he meant 'the last time they will play the album full in the US'

It's fully promoted that were getting the full album here but maybe he has done a u turn on it

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    maybe he has done a u turn on it

It's Bruce so he may well have. Although it's advertised as the River tour, it doesn't say anywhere that the album will be played in full.
    TBH I think they're tired of playing the same songs night after night, it's just not what the E Street Band does.
    Also, SVZ made a comment a couple of weeks ago about more out-takes being played in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's Bruce so he may well have. Although it's advertised as the River tour, it doesn't say anywhere that the album will be played in full.
    TBH I think they're tired of playing the same songs night after night, it's just not what the E Street Band does.
    Also, SVZ made a comment a couple of weeks ago about more out-takes being played in the future.

The river album is not as popular in Europe as the US. Id expect to still have some of the more popular river album songs still in the setlist.

It's going to special in Croke Park (even more than 1916 celebration happening there now)

No full album for Europe. Official(ish)

4 hours ago Manhattan, NY
    Garry Tallent Retweeted odedregev כתבנו
    Not in toto and not in sequence.Garry Tallent added,
    odedregev כתבנו @odedregev
    @gwtallent Wonderful Prince tribute tonight.Hope its not a one off.Confused about River announcement.Will the album be played full Europe?
    50 retweets 70 likes
    Reply Retweet 50
    Like 70
    More

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Garry Tallent has confirmed via Twitter that the European shows will not be playing The River in its entirety. "Not in toto and not in sequence" is the line he used to clarify matters. I suspect they'll probably keep most of the upbeat material and ditch several of the more brooding, melancholy tracks that they suspect may not work in a stadium. I certainly cannot see him retaining all three of the closing trilogy of The Price You Pay, Drive All Night and Wreck on the Highway.

(edit: Dr. Nick posted the above as I was typing)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Hopefully we'll get one night full album, Friday most likely? From an American friend:

He was doing a Q & A for a guitar store in Jersey and Stan Goldstein asked him to clarify his tweet. He said that Landau had mentioned the change in format earlier Sat night at dinner and then it was confirmed by Bruce last night. He said "we'll still play 6 songs, or this a double album, so more but the format will be much like the past tours."

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Said it before - it was never going to work in outdoor stadium shows.
    Good call by Bruce.
    I've been to a few indoor arena shows in USA and to me that c. 20k indoor crowd was the only place it could work.
    The full album needs atmosphere - there will be no atmosphere in mid summer 85k Croker Park or any other European venues bar maybe Sweden. And even Sweden is only a maybe despite it's reputation for fantastic shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

I will be very disappointed if i don't get The River album in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Said it before - it was never going to work in outdoor stadium shows.
    Good call by Bruce.
    I've been to a few indoor arena shows in USA and to me that c. 20k indoor crowd was the only place it could work.
    The full album needs atmosphere - there will be no atmosphere in mid summer 85k Croker Park or any other European venues bar maybe Sweden. And even Sweden is only a maybe despite it's reputation for fantastic shows.

I think it would be pretty cool to hear The River album in full, but I think I know what you mean.

There was a humorous discussion (I think it was in this thread), the last time Bruce played The RDS in Dublin, where people on boards.ie recounted other people's conversations that were so loud, it totally distracted anyone nearby who just wanted to listen to the band play.

Do you reckon that the crowd next month will be full of people roaring into their phones, trying to reacquaint themselves with their friends who they lost on the way to the toilets, during some lesser known songs - maybe songs that he very likely plays infrequently, that some other fans would love to hear without distraction?

Either that, or people having very loud conversations about lettuce, cabbages and carrots and lots of really gig unrelated things like that, while the show is on?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Do you reckon that the crowd next month will be full of people roaring into their phones, trying to reacquaint themselves with their friends who they lost on the way to the toilets, during some lesser known songs - maybe songs that he very likely plays infrequently, that some other fans would love to hear without distraction?
    /QUOTE]
    Guaranteed, there is no way he has 170k proper fans in Ireland.
    Best bet is to move as close as possible to the front to get away from the casual ones looking for a day out. It's where most of the real fans will be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Very happy with this. Hopefully he'll still play Independence Day. Will be going both nights now!

Just wished he announced this months ago and I would've travelled.

Advertisement