Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

So whats the story about getting into the pit this time in Croker ?

What time should I appear ?

Is that spanish crew that follow him around the world there since 7AM the previous day ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

but1er wrote: »
    Akin put it on the fb

That's it decided then. Aiken's band of merry men will hook him at 10 on the dot.

So whats the story about getting into the pit this time in Croker ?

What time should I appear ?

Is that spanish crew that follow him around the world there since 7AM the previous day ?

If you're there by 2.30pm you'll deffo get into the pit. 3-4 also highly likely. As you get closer to the 4.30 mark I wouldn't make any promises.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Wooderson wrote: »
    That's it decided then. Aiken's band of merry men will hook him at 10 on the dot.

He is known for breaking curfews. I see no mention of 10pm on facebook, 7pm is mentioned, the poster who mentioned 10pm it had a question mark after the 10.

Mention of more sunday tickets gone on sale too.

rubadub wrote: »
    He is known for breaking curfews. I see no mention of 10pm on facebook, 7pm is mentioned, the poster who mentioned 10pm it had a question mark after the 10.

Mention of more sunday tickets gone on sale too.

I'll be amazed if he finishes before 11pm, particularly on the Sunday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lollipop19

Just a bit of information needed if someone can help me please. I'm driving up from the west and had planned to leave the car in Maynooth and get the train in to Drumcondra (as those who are in the habit of going to Croke Park have told me thats the easiest way to get there). However according to Irish Rail website the last train leaves Drumcondra on Sunday evening at 20.56 and there's no way that Bruce will be finished. What's the chances of Irish Rail putting on extra trains and is there a better way to get there?
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

There are late night trains being put on for the Bruce concerts (see here: http://www.irishrail.ie/BruceSpringsteenCrokePark). Doesn't look like it's on the line you need though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Where is the best place to park near Croker? Is there such a thing as pre booking a parking space somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

11:45 :eek:,thats crazy late

I know the gigs here start too early and most of the gig is in daylight but 11.45 is nuts .
    Imagine we tried that here

i know

ive done nos alive 3 years on the bounce now in lisbon earliest headliner was 11pm

gates wont open until 5 he has 2 supports acts as it is the lisbon leg of Rock IN Rio

Portugeese people are very easy going my favourite place in the world to see a gig

only concern is we might only get 2 hours or 2 1/2 hours tops as he regularly does as part of festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

only concern is we might only get 2 hours or 2 1/2 hours tops as he regularly does as part of festivals

Nothing wrong with that. Some of the best Bruce shows I've seen have been the shorter ones.

Id much rather the setlist from the other night with Shout, Twist and Shout, Promised Land and Prove It All Night taken out. And not replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Anyone know if there will be a support act or what time Bruce should start?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Anyone know if there will be a support act or what time Bruce should start?

Bruce never has support in ireland

Onstage about 7/half 7. Finish about 10:40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

cee_jay wrote: »
    There are late night trains being put on for the Bruce concerts (see here: http://www.irishrail.ie/BruceSpringsteenCrokePark). Doesn't look like it's on the line you need though.

Oh excellent, hadn't seen these.

Link to book isn't working for me - everyone else having the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Any idea where the qeue for the pit will form outside?I had heard there was no qeueing allowed before 5pm (whatever THAT means?)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Please god it doesn't rain

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Oh we will indeed get 3+ hours each night. This is not a festival. He has also broken from the predictable River setlist for Europe (Thankfully). Below is the Barcelona setlist from Sat night:

Badlands
    No Surrender
    My Love Will Not Let You Down
    The Ties That Bind
    Sherry Darling
    Jackson Cage
    Two Hearts
    I'm Goin' Down (sign request)
    Hungry Heart
    Out in the Street
    I Wanna Marry You (with 'Here She Comes' intro)
    The River
    Point Blank
    Atlantic City
    Darlington County
    Glory Days (sign request; audience choice over "Growin' Up")
    I Wanna Be With You
    Ramrod
    The Price You Pay
    Drive All Night
    Lonesome Day
    Prove It All Night
    The Promised Land
    Because the Night (Patti Smith Group cover)
    She's the One
    Brilliant Disguise
    The Rising
    Thunder Road

Encore:
    Purple Rain (Prince cover)
    Born in the U.S.A.
    Born to Run
    Dancing in the Dark
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    Shout (The Isley Brothers cover)
    Bobby Jean

Encore 2:
    Twist and Shout

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Congratulations. You're a few days late to the party :)

San Sebastian set-list very similar to the Barcelona one. Hope you all get to hear him do Purple Rain. It was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Was just having a look on toutless there. The Brucie tickets are in plentiful supply now. Many of them going at discounts. If they're doing that now, there would be a decent chance that I'd pick up a standing ticket cheap enough at the end of next week.

yew_tree wrote: »
    Below is the Barcelona setlist from Sat night:

Could do without 3/4 of those songs. Apart from a few of the rarer River tunes I don't particularly want to hear any of those songs again.
    there would be a decent chance that I'd pick up a standing ticket cheap enough at the end of next week.

Always the way with these big gigs. Thousands available. A lot of people trying to sell their lower Davin Stand tickets. For €131. :o

4b6da33a2c452f4db6d10aa57324c478.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭flasher0030

The Nal wrote: »
    Could do without 3/4 of those songs. Apart from a few of the rarer River tunes I don't particularly want to hear any of those songs again.

Always the way with these big gigs. Thousands available. A lot of people trying to sell their lower Davin Stand tickets. For €131. :o

4b6da33a2c452f4db6d10aa57324c478.jpg

Thought that for AC/DC in the Aviva. Didn't happen though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Left the stage at 12.50 am in San Sebastian :) My back was sore standing that long dunno how he does it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/2016/estadio-anoeta-san-sebastian-spain-1bf14168.html

Wow what a setlist. Please play this in Croke Park next friday (cant believe its only 8 days away)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hope the bringing up kids on stage for waiting on a sunny day is a thing of the past.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hope the bringing up kids on stage for waiting on a sunny day is a thing of the past.

The the looks of the San seb setlist it's not

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The the looks of the San seb setlist it's not

Under 14's banned from the pit. Seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/2016/estadio-anoeta-san-sebastian-spain-1bf14168.html

Wow what a setlist. Please play this in Croke Park next friday (cant believe its only 8 days away)
    It's going to be one hell of a great gig with those set lists.cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Badlands
    No Surrender
    My Love Will Not Let You Down
    Cover Me
    Darkness on the Edge of Town
    (tour debut)
    Hungry Heart
    The Promised Land
    (sign request)
    Out in the Street
    Downbound Train
    (tour debut)
    I'm on Fire
    (tour debut)
    Atlantic City
    Darlington County
    Working on the Highway
    Johnny 99
    (tour debut)
    The River
    Because the Night
    (Patti Smith Group cover)
    Spirit in the Night
    (tour debut)
    Lonesome Day
    The Rising
    Thunder Road
    Born in the U.S.A.
    Born to Run
    Glory Days
    Dancing in the Dark
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    Twist and Shout
    (The Top Notes cover) (with "La Bamba" by Ritchie Valens snippet)

Encore:
    This Hard Land
    (solo acoustic)

Cracking night Stereo phonics provided a nice little start to the evening then some Portuguese Band on their 35th anniversary I'd never heard of but must be huge over here as drew a big crowd and everyone singing along and I have to say I enjoyed them

Bruce came on stage shortly before 12 and he never stopped the energy is a joy to behold

Roll on the 29th until I see him again

Rock in Rio Lisbon is an amazing setup Imo I'd recommend it highly if there was some1 you wanted to see

Is it just me or is there a little emphasis on the BITU album on the recent setlists ???

Love that album so I have no complaints lol

Nice to see the acoustic ending as well returning

Is it just me or is there a little emphasis on the BITU album on the recent setlists ???

Love that album so I have no complaints lol

Nice to see the acoustic ending as well returning

Born in the River.

Very similar to 2012/2013 setlists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

The ticketmaster website say no queuing allowed and any early arrivals will be turned away :( are they serious?! :o i was hoping to get into the pit :(

Advertisement