Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Gal44 wrote: »
    The ticketmaster website say no queuing allowed and any early arrivals will be turned away :( are they serious?! :o i was hoping to get into the pit :(

People are going to be arriving at the vicinity of the stadium from Wednesday evening for this.

Certainly the explicit instruction to not queue has not been communicated for a Springsteen show here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

What time will this kick off does anyone know? Can't get off early from work so will only be getting in around 7.

andreac wrote: »
    What time will this kick off does anyone know? Can't get off early from work so will only be getting in around 7.

In 2003 he wandered out at 7.20pm. Given the issues surrounding queuing/access it might be a think to be there as early as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Wooderson wrote: »
    The explicit instruction to not queue has not been communicated for a Springsteen show here before.

I'm sure the queues will pass without incident, but the RDS had the advantage of being able to shepherd people into the RDS grounds, across the road from the entrance to the Arena. There's no such luxury here. The other issue with Croke Park is that they will probably be vigilant about what entrance you use. Unlike the RDS where there was more understanding about the Red/Yellow Routes (i.e. Simmonscourt Road vs. Merrion Road), and they didn't have an issue with Merrion Road entrance ticketholders getting direct access to the pit via the Simmonscourt entrance, they may be more strict on access routes in Croke Park. They may insist on you sticking to your assigned route, regardless of where any queue is forming.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Agree with all this. My two cents is that failure to engage with fans will cause a ****storm. You guarantee a good result for the residents when you plan this out properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

In 2003 he wandered out at 7.20pm. Given the issues surrounding queuing/access it might be a think to be there as early as possible.

We have seats so won't need to be there too early. Unfortunately it won't be before 7 with train times etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Gal44 wrote: »
    The ticketmaster website say no queuing allowed and any early arrivals will be turned away :( are they serious?! :o i was hoping to get into the pit :(
    People are going to be arriving at the vicinity of the stadium from Wednesday evening for this.

Certainly the explicit instruction to not queue has not been communicated for a Springsteen show here before.

Try telling that to the Spanish gang that will be there since the previous day 7AM ...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Try telling that to the Spanish gang that will be there since the previous day 7AM ...

they sound like total arseholes to me and think they have a right to be front at every show :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

PTH2009 wrote: »
    they sound like total arseholes to me and think they have a right to be front at every show :mad::mad:
    Whoever is there first deserves to be at the front. Fairest way.

Canadel wrote: »
    Whoever is there first deserves to be at the front. Fairest way.

True but I don't agree with there number system that they have

• Advertisement

100+ by Wednesday night. 750+ by Thursday night. 2000+ by lunchtime Friday. Aiken is fuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Will I see anything in the lower tier in Nevin stand or are they rubbish seats? Thinking of bringing the father who isn't as mobile as he once was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Hi.

I know this is a long shot but if for some reason somebody cannot attend Friday nights show and has accommodation booked could you PM me please.

I can get tickets for the show but will be travelling from Limerick on the Friday. I've looked online and the cost of accommodation is through the roof.

Long shot I know. Anyway enjoy what promises to be a great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

who_ru wrote: »
    Hi.

I know this is a long shot but if for some reason somebody cannot attend Friday nights show and has accommodation booked could you PM me please.

I can get tickets for the show but will be travelling from Limerick on the Friday. I've looked online and the cost of accommodation is through the roof.

Long shot I know. Anyway enjoy what promises to be a great gig.
    If you cant get accomm maybe take the special train to Limerick after the gig
    Additional service

The following additional services have been added to accommodate customers travelling from the concerts on both Friday 27th and Sunday 29th May;

Dublin Heuston 00.30hrs to Galway serving Tullamore, Athlone, Ballinasloe, Athenry and Oranmore.

Dublin Heuston 00:40hrs to Cork with a connection to Limerick Colbert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

But this number system they have, how is it valid when it's unofficial ?

If the Q can't start before a certain time, why can't security break up any Q before this time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

How many people usually get into the pit at a gig in Croke Park??

But this number system they have, how is it valid when it's unofficial ?

If the Q can't start before a certain time, why can't security break up any Q before this time ?

It is sanctioned by Springsteen, namely his personel liaise with the queue runners and enable the thing to function. Usually in Dublin security are on board. Croker residents a different prospect this time around. Hopefully something gets sorted. Promoter may be banking on taking pelters from fans rather than the residents sadly.

villa2008 wrote: »
    How many people usually get into the pit at a gig in Croke Park??

3-5k. Don't think there's a precise figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Last nights show, pro shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

oleras wrote: »

How are they able to make a recording of this, if they're checked for recording devices & considering security will be tight for gigs now?
    andreac wrote: »

I've heard ads on the radio saying strictly at 7pm & a full ad was in the Indo on Wed afaik!

Btw: The Ties That Bind documentary is on Sat & Tues nite on TG4

• Advertisement

How are they able to make a recording of this, if they're checked for recording devices & considering security will be tight for gigs now?

I've heard ads on the radio saying strictly at 7pm & a full ad was in the Indo on Wed afaik!

Btw: The Ties That Bind documentary is on Sat & Tues nite on TG4

It was a webcast at the time, thats why the sound is off in parts, no fine tuning in post production.

It was a webcast at the time, thats why the sound is off in parts, no fine tuning in post production.

Thanks, i didn't know it was streamed, was that by PPV?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just spent last few hours watching it.
    Really got the buzz for next week now.
    Cheers for posting. It hadn't come up in my search for some reason.

Guys if anyone is heading to today's games in Croke Park will they find out what alcoholic drinks they sell please

Thanks, i didn't know it was streamed, was that by PPV?

No, free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pago 007

So what do people think pit queue or no pit queue ?

No, free.

I'm gonna ask a silly question, was the webcast by the promoters or is technology getting better on mobiles ;)

Btw: i got a phonecall from a relation on where to get a ticket, they had mentioned viagogo, i don't know that site?
    i had a look at Ticketmaster on both dates 27 & 29th
    both are about €131, anywhere someone reselling tickets cheaper like standing etc.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I'm gonna ask a silly question, was the webcast by the promoters or is technology getting better on mobiles ;)

Btw: i got a phonecall from a relation on where to get a ticket, they had mentioned viagogo, i don't know that site?
    i had a look at Ticketmaster on both dates 27 & 29th
    both are about €131, anywhere someone reselling tickets cheaper like standing etc.

Thanks.

Have to say, I was skeptical but the number system worked will in Barcelona. Don't know if there was any controversy at the front but i was given number 2001. We were asked to organise ourselves just as the gates started opening. Group just in front of us had some friends "join" them about fifty metres back from the gates and I was delighted to security tell them to **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

i had a look at Ticketmaster on both dates

Thanks.

I have 1 standing ticket for Sunday the 29th, was gonna put it up on Adverts in a bit. It's a hard copy ticket, not downloaded. Not charging rip off price for it. Face value of ticket price/booking fee & postage cost.

PM me if you're interested in that, Patty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

On TG4 tonight

Bruce Springsteen: The Ties That Bind (R) Sat 22:10

The singer looks back on the making of The River, the double album he recorded with the E Street Band in 1980, which was followed with a successful tour. He provides his personal account of the events that inspired the album and the influence of his own working class roots, and plays acoustic versions of some of the tracks featured on it.

Advertisement