Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pago 007

Anybody hear if there's going to be a pit queue or not for Friday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Watching the streamed rock in rio from other night now..absolutely brilliant so far and only 45 mins in.I can't wait for Friday 😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fergus1

Pago 007 wrote: »
    So what do people think pit queue or no pit queue ?

Put queue, does anyone know where the q will start from. Overnight queuing not allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

fergus1 wrote: »
    Put queue, does anyone know where the q will start from. Overnight queuing not allowed

No one ever queues overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Queonh will prob start outside of croke park grounds more than likely.....the European fans will que 2/3 nights before hand, they'll be no stopping them.

I'm not bothered bout he pit this time round, will be taking t easy don't mind where I'll be standing along as I'm there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Im worried about the sound in Croke Park. It can be bad for concerts

I was at the RHCP there in 2012 and the sound was OK where I was sitting (505 cusack premium level). The stadium was half empty that day not expecting it to empty at all next weekend. With the money were spending on tickets we deserve a warm up act or 2 but it's cheaper than u2s Dublin shows last November who didn't have a support act either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

PTH2009 wrote: »

I was at the RHCP there in 2012 and the sound was OK where I was sitting (505 cusack premium level). The stadium was half empty that day not expecting it to empty at all next weekend. With the money were spending on tickets we deserve a warm up act or 2 but it's cheaper than u2s Dublin shows last November who didn't have a support act either

And U2 didnt play for 3 and a half hours. You will find the Boss doesnt need no warm up bands. He is one of a kind. You will see.

madalig12 wrote: »
    And U2 didnt play for 3 and a half hours. You will find the Boss doesnt need no warm up bands. He is one of a kind. You will see.

I quite enjoyed the wrecking ball weekender in kilkenny in 2013 (I only the Saturday ).

It's always nice to have a support act but it's a personal preference

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

I quite enjoyed the wrecking ball weekender in kilkenny in 2013 (I only the Saturday ).

It's always nice to have a support act but it's a personal preference

2 Hours of Bruce + support or 3 and a half hours of Bruce no support. I know what i want.

clickhere wrote: »
    2 Hours of Bruce + support or 3 and a half hours of Bruce no support. I know what i want.

He played for over 3 hours in kilkenny night 1 ???

What a gig that was bitu album in full

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

just wondering how i'd go about getting pit passes for myself, my brother and our wives? never tried to get one for a gig before...
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I'm just wondering the same thing, i'm in Hogan uppr 733 & hopefully what i hear, is that'll be a dry w/end! weather that is ;):P

just wondering how i'd go about getting pit passes for myself, my brother and our wives? never tried to get one for a gig before...
    thanks

All of you join the queue. Latest 3pm to be absolutely sure, could be lucky after that however.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sma

Hi I am heading to bruce croke park gig on Sunday. Does anyone know what the procedure is to get into the pit. It says there is no queuing.
    Any help would be great
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Discussion on this happening in the huge Bruce thread just below. Basically no one knows yet

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭demello

I plan to get a taxi on Friday at 6pm from Heuston Station to near Croke Park. Roughly how long will it take for a taxi to get to Croke park from Heuston on Friday?

demello wrote: »
    I plan to get a taxi on Friday at 6pm from Heuston Station to near Croke Park. Roughly how long will it take for a taxi to get to Croke park from Heuston on Friday?

30 minutes?

On Friday with no Luas, international soccer, Bruce and general Friday traffic I would expect it to take a lot longer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

rubadub wrote: »
    On TG4 tonight

Bruce Springsteen: The Ties That Bind (R) Sat 22:10

The singer looks back on the making of The River, the double album he recorded with the E Street Band in 1980, which was followed with a successful tour. He provides his personal account of the events that inspired the album and the influence of his own working class roots, and plays acoustic versions of some of the tracks featured on it.

Repeated: Tues 11:35pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I would usually state the same here, but I'm sure the main thread is rife with talk about recent set lists, which I've been avoiding like the plague.

Recent discussion has been the pit queue. Anyway it started today roll calls at 9am 4pm 10pm today not sure about tomorrow.

For those of us with full time jobs over the next few days we will have to wait and see what's happening on Friday.

Clunching at straws here but I see that members of u2 are home in Dublin for the weekend and Bruce appeared on stage with them in MSG last year ??? Maybe there going to repay Bruce in Dublin

Please be Friday night lol

Put queue has started at CP. rolls calls 9am/4pm/10pm today no idea about tomorrow or Thursday or Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

polydactyl wrote: »
    Put queue has started at CP. rolls calls 9am/4pm/10pm today no idea about tomorrow or Thursday or Friday :)

the pit queue has started already??! yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

polydactyl wrote: »

For those of us with full time jobs over the next few days lives we will have to wait and see what's happening on Friday.

You mean that surely?

I was trying to be polite as different strokes for different folks etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

What is everybody's opinion of/when buying a Bruce ticket from toutless.ie or Adverts, etc., - that you should only buy a physical (Hard Copy) ticket, right? Because when its an e-ticket, the seller could be selling multiples of the same one e-ticket, right?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd say look for someone on the site a long time with good feedback and meet in person. If its a e-ticket try and get a copy of the receipt so you have some way of connecting the ticket back to the original buyer but unfortunately there is no foolproof way.

People can always get a hard copy ticket, say to TM that you lost it and they will issue another one, so a HC ticket is no guarantee either .

Advertisement