Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'd say look for someone on the site a long time with good feedback and meet in person. If its a e-ticket try and get a copy of the receipt so you have some way of connecting the ticket back to the original buyer but unfortunately there is no foolproof way.

People can always get a hard copy ticket, say to TM that you lost it and they will issue another one, so a HC ticket is no guarantee either .

Thanks... I didn't know that TM re-issued Hard Copy tickets if the owners said they were lost... I thought it was a case of tough luck if they're lost. So in that case Hard Copy also had its drawbacks buying second hand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Goreme wrote: »
    Thanks... I didn't know that TM re-issued Hard Copy tickets if the owners said they were lost... I thought it was a case of tough luck if they're lost. So in that case Hard Copy also had its drawbacks buying second hand.

Yeah, have a read of the advice over on toutless.

Be wary of people who have never transacted on the site before, people who want to do everything via bank transfer/email and people who don't want to post on the main thread but try to do everything over PM.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

polydactyl wrote: »
    Recent discussion has been the pit queue. Anyway it started today roll calls at 9am 4pm 10pm today not sure about tomorrow.

For those of us with full time jobs over the next few days we will have to wait and see what's happening on Friday.

Again, why is this not stopped it's clearly not legal ?
    and wheres the main thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'd say look for someone on the site a long time with good feedback and meet in person.
    Also many people selling tickets will be going themselves, someone might have pulled out. In the past I offered to meet outside a gig and said I would walk in with the person so the bouncer could scan it and confirm its legit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What's illegal about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Illegal?.. not in the slightest.
    Bruce's people also talk to organisers and security with regards to times of meet ups and location. It's acknowledged and allowed by Aiken and has become as much a feature of Bruce shows as long setlists!

It's not a continuous que. Its ten minutes max. Numbers are counted/handed out and only really determines first 4/5 rows..
    want the Rest of the pit? show up before gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cliona2012

Would I be allowed bring in a bottle of water?
    (Genuine H2O - nothing else!)

Cliona2012 wrote: »
    Would I be allowed bring in a bottle of water?
    (Genuine H2O - nothing else!)

Sealed it shouldn't be a problem..
    Not closed.. Sealed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

So if I turn up at 1700 , could I get in the pit ?

Im not looking to be in front rows just the pit ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

You could be lucky? No one really knows at this stage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cliona2012

Thanks, so is that not opened at all or just make sure I have a lid on?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

What song are people most looking forward to?

My frist Bruce gig cannot wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

but1er wrote: »

My 4th and I'm so excited.

I'm lucky that I've seen him a few times so have already gotten to see most of the songs I want. I'm looking forward to 'The River', because it's always very special and he didn't play it the last time I saw him. But at each of the last three, there was always a few I hadn't expected that blew me away.

I'm hoping this time to get 'Downbound Train', 'She's the One', 'Bobby Jean', 'Candy's Room' and 'Darkness on the Edge of Town'.

Even just one or two of those would be great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Thanks

Open it (500ml) and cover with cling film, keep the top in your back pocket or something.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

My first also - I'm super hyped.

I'd love to hear Open All Night or pretty much anything off Nebraska or Tunnel Of Love.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Any thoughts on what time concert will finish up, if it gets going at 7pm as expected? Looking to organise transport home...so dont want to be leaving before the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Curfew is 11, that will be the earliest it will finish I think. I reckon he will come on stage somewhere between 7:30 & 8 and if we run late, we run late. Just personal opinion though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

LowOdour wrote: »
    Any thoughts on what time concert will finish up, if it gets going at 7pm as expected? Looking to organise transport home...so dont want to be leaving before the end!

I'd imagine 7.40 ish. 3 hr 20 ish minute gig. Would be shocked if he was on at 7.

Thanks

Not opened at all :)

At RDS 2012, Thomond and Kilkenny that was fine for pit anyway, and fine by some margin..be in the que for 5 and you should be okay.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    I'd imagine 7.40 ish. 3 hr 20 ish minute gig. Would be shocked if he was on at 7.

If it's 7:40 we're hitting 11 and over judging by sets so far..

Id say 7:15 ish..

(sorry multiquote on phone didn't wanna work this morning)

bennyl10 wrote: »
    At RDS 2012, Thomond and Kilkenny that was fine for pit anyway, and fine by some margin..be in the que for 5 and you should be okay.

People were still getting into the pit 15 minutes before he came on stage in Limerick.
    If it's 7:40 we're hitting 11 and over judging by sets so far..

Id say 7:15 ish..

(sorry multiquote on phone didn't wanna work this morning)

ha! 3 hr 45 minute gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Without doubt its Point Blank.Have seen a video of it from earlier in the tour and its sensational.

The Nal wrote: »
    People were still getting into the pit 15 minutes before he came on stage in Limerick.

ha! 3 hr 45 minute gig?

He's been doing 3:25/30 in Europe so far..

Hence why I said 7;40 wouldn't work for curfew..

7:15 finshes 10:50, all out by 11, no residents crying..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

4th time for myself

Heard him do the full bitusa album in kilkenny 3 years ago and that was my Bruce heaven

On Friday I'd like to hear lonesome day, hungry heart, I'm goin down, Tunnel of love

Hope he finishes off with his solo encore if he played the wrestler I'd be happy (heard thunder road too many times so hopefully something different)

Hopefully he looks at previous Irish setlists and changes these ones a little bit.

I think he will be on at 7pm on the dot

He's been doing 3:25/30 in Europe so far..

Hence why I said 7;40 wouldn't work for curfew..

7:15 finshes 10:50, all out by 11, no residents crying..

Yeah either way I don't think he'll break the curfew. Aiken will obviously tell him how important it is not to do that.

LUAS strike cancelled now for Friday for those of you making other plans. I know someone was staying in Citiwest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I can only get a half day off work and am going to be travelling from Galway so by the time I get there it will be about 6. I'll guess I'll be staring at the backs of people's heads all night!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Kind of disappointed he has stopped doing the River album in its entirety as it was my only hope of ever getting to see him play Stolen Car live, been to 30+ gigs and wanted to see the song that actually introduced me to him (long story!).

But still, nothing quite like Bruce summer nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

I was at the 1st Kilkenny gig and pit queue finished around 3.30/4pm. My brother was at the second Kilkenny gig and the pit queue finished really early. They got there just before 1pm and he said the pit queue was stopped shortly after around 1pm, on the second day (Sunday)! And with Croker being bigger, the pit should be bigger, but then so is the potential crowd wanting to get into the Pit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Aiken have already tarnished there relationship with Garth Brooks they don't want to tarnish it with Bruce.

They would be foolish to order lights on/power off if he breaks curfew

Advertisement