Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

But then again, in Kilkenny there were support bands during the afternoon, maybe that's why the pit queue fiished early-ish (especially on the 2nd date)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Aiken have already tarnished there relationship with Garth Brooks they don't want to tarnish it with Bruce.

They would be foolish to order lights on/power off if he breaks curfew

But Aiken have also done pretty severe damage to their relationships with the Croke Park residents over the Garth Brooks fiasco and might want to avoid the prospect of future opposition to gigs.

I wouldn't expect a lights on/power off situation, but I'd say they'll have been pretty firm beforehand in what is expected/permitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

bennyl10 wrote: »
    If it's 7:40 we're hitting 11 and over judging by sets so far..

Id say 7:15 ish..

(sorry multiquote on phone didn't wanna work this morning)
    Sometimes he does a pre-show... 3 songs or so... a little while before the main band show.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

gilmour wrote: »
    Kind of disappointed he has stopped doing the River album in its entirety as it was my only hope of ever getting to see him play Stolen Car live, been to 30+ gigs and wanted to see the song that actually introduced me to him (long story!).

But still, nothing quite like Bruce summer nights!

Well if you're going both nights (like me☺) I think he'll do Stolen Car on one of them.Then you'll be happy gilmour!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Well if you're going both nights (like me☺) I think he'll do Stolen Car on one of them.Then you'll be happy gilmour!!!

Ha yea fingers crossed, going to both nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Very sad and a very well intended effort by all concerned but I have to say I'm against these sort of petitions. Must put the artist under a lot of pressure and in a potentially awkward position. Hes not a jukebox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The Nal wrote: »
    Very sad and a very well intended effort by all concerned but I have to say I'm against these sort of petitions. Must put the artist under a lot of pressure and in a potentially awkward position. Hes not a jukebox.

I agree. Glory Days wouldn't be that uncommon so a fair chance it'll be heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭demello

What time will the Springstein concert be over at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

demello wrote: »
    What time will the Springstein concert be over at?

It will be over when the Boss says so! So around 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

What's the odds of Racing In The Streets, Darkness On The Edge Of Town, and Tougher Than The Rest all being played?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    What's the odds of Racing In The Streets, Darkness On The Edge Of Town, and Tougher Than The Rest all being played?

If he plays Racing in the street, a little bit of wee might come out in excitement

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Heading on Friday, so excited! Id love to get into the pit but we'll see..... if i do, what access do you have to food/drink etc? cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Gal44 wrote: »
    Heading on Friday, so excited! Id love to get into the pit but we'll see..... if i do, what access do you have to food/drink etc? cheers:)

Think there are food/drink and merchandise areas at the back of the standing area

The stands usually have there own food/drink places

On the cusack stand side the merchandise stand is located in the car park area just before you go through the turnstiles. Could be the same for the Davin side not too sure

Really hope there's no programme as I'm not dragging it around with me all night lol

The stage is up

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1201088529901420&id=111941532149464

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭athlone99

So far on the European dates he hasn't played the full river album yet. Seems to be doing these gigs different to the ones in the states! Looked forward to two very different sets hopefully!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Gal44 wrote: »

You'll get a pit pass wrist band, so you can get in and out at your leisure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

athlone99 wrote: »
    So far on the European dates he hasn't played the full river album yet. Seems to be doing these gigs different to the ones in the states! Looked forward to two very different sets hopefully!

Yep, band confirmed a different approach a few weeks ago. The River still makes up a huge portion of the set, but it's no longer played start to finish.

Tbh, it must have been a little dull for a band known for their versatility and improvisation to play the same songs each night!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Clunching at straws here but I see that members of u2 are home in Dublin for the weekend and Bruce appeared on stage with them in MSG last year ??? Maybe there going to repay Bruce in Dublin

Please be Friday night lol

Yes, please, please, please be Friday night for Bono.

My ticket is for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yes, please, please, please be Friday night for Bono.

My ticket is for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Half empty stadium in Manchester. No City aren't playing :pac: apparently traffic jam has held up thousands but concert went ahead at schedled time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Good setlist, would not mind this at all either night. Santa Claus a strange one.

1. Atlantic City
    2. Murder Incorporated
    3. Badlands
    4. The Ties That Bind
    5. Sherry Darlin
    6. Two Hearts
    7. No Surrender
    8. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
    9. Hungry Heart
    10. Out In The Street
    11. Darkness On The Edge Of Town
    12. Crush On You
    13. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
    14. I Wanna Marry You
    15. The River
    16. Point Blank
    17. Johnny 99
    18. Darlington County
    19. Working On The Highway
    20. The Promised Land
    21. Waiting On A Sunny Day
    22. Because The Night
    23. The Rising
    24. Thunder Road
    25. Backstreets
    26. Born To Run
    27. Glory Days
    28. Dancing In The Dark
    29. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
    30. Shout
    31. Bobby Jean
    32. This Hard Land

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

• Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

dixiefly wrote:
    Good setlist, would not mind this at all either night. Santa Claus a strange one.

There was a guy there dressed up as Santa so Bruce brought him up on stage and played it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Wow that setlist looks awesome! I cannot wait to hear Badlands, Working on the Highway and Because the night. I personally prefer Born to Run album over The River so the second half sounds very appealing to me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lads we had a drop out and I have a ticket for Sunday available (at face value obviously) Where is the best place to try to shift it now?

Is it too late? I assume if we just take it with us we will be able to sell it easily enough on Sunday around the venue?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Lads we had a drop out and I have a ticket for Sunday available (at face value obviously) Where is the best place to try to shift it now?

Is it too late? I assume if we just take it with us we will be able to sell it easily enough on Sunday around the venue?

Toutless is yer man http://www.toutless.com/viewforum.php?f=1

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I'm praying for thunder road.

I'm praying for thunder road.

I think we're ALL waiting on a sunny day.......

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bm92

This is posted on the Croke Park Site Regards Pit Time;

Concert Day Timings

Garda Cordon*: 2pm
    Pit Open*: 4pm
    Doors Open*: 5pm
    Main Act*: 7pm
    Concert finished by: 11pm

*Daily timings may be subject to change by promoter/An Garda Síochána - See more at: https://crokepark.ie/news-and-events/community-information-bruce-springsteen-concert#sthash.YbjQYMu9.dpuf

Any signs of queuing/ roll calls yet? I'd been in the queue already by this time for Limerick!

• Advertisement

bm92 wrote: »
    This is posted on the Croke Park Site Regards Pit Time;

Concert Day Timings

Garda Cordon*: 2pm
    Pit Open*: 4pm
    Doors Open*: 5pm
    Main Act*: 7pm
    Concert finished by: 11pm

*Daily timings may be subject to change by promoter/An Garda Síochána - See more at: https://crokepark.ie/news-and-events/community-information-bruce-springsteen-concert#sthash.YbjQYMu9.dpuf

Any signs of queuing/ roll calls yet? I'd been in the queue already by this time for Limerick!

Does Garda cordon 2pm refer to the pit q?As in, you must be past the garda cordon by 2pm to get into the pit q otherwise you're outside the cordon til 5pm and gates opening?

Advertisement