Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bm92

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Does Garda cordon 2pm refer to the pit q?As in, you must be past the garda cordon by 2pm to get into the pit q otherwise you're outside the cordon til 5pm and gates opening?

I would presume so as no getting past cordon without proof of residency but I not sure. Luckily I'm going on the Sunday so I can wait and see what happens for the Friday, just hope I catch a last minute hotel deal or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

Roll calls at 13.00 17.00 and 20.00 today in Davin Car Park. Numbers are being given out there. Entry, off North Circular road first left past Gills pub.

Aiken and Croke Park staff in attendance.

Roll call and go. No hanging around.

Tomorrow roll calls at 9 and 12 when you have to stay until entry time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Davin Car Park for those wondering!

http://postimg.org/image/77863atkb/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 newcollegemum

Roll calls are at 1, 5 and 8 today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 newcollegemum

Wish I was there today. My buddy is involved in the roll calling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

First ever gig seeing bruce very excited.. small matter of 14 hour round trip to Edinburugh first...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

First ever gig seeing bruce very excited.. small matter of 14 hour round trip to Edinburugh first...;)

Would love to have that experience again! You're very lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

Roll calls at 13.00 17.00 and 20.00 today in Davin Car Park. Numbers are being given out there. Entry, off North Circular road first left past Gills pub.

Sorry for the ignorance, but are roll calls just where you queue up to get a number in order to get a pit pass tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I know.. saw tom petty a few years ago one of my favourite gigs ever me and my mate just rambled around for hours in a daze after. Have her indoors coming to this one though:pac:

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Would love to have that experience again! You're very lucky.

God yeah. The excitement when they arrive on stage. And you know the best part of it, it doesn 't matter what they play, it'll all be new to you. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Swarlez wrote: »
    Sorry for the ignorance, but are roll calls just where you queue up to get a number in order to get a pit pass tomorrow?

Yeah what's the deal with these? Will normal people showing up early on the day of the gig be able to get in the pit or is this roll call craic going to take all the spots?

Yeah what's the deal with these? Will normal people showing up early on the day of the gig be able to get in the pit or is this roll call craic going to take all the spots?

The roll call saves your place in the queue come Friday/Sunday to avoid having to stay in line the whole time. It's for the people who want to be guaranteed a place up front. You will still get in the pit once you come early enough on the day of the gig. I was 64 one year and 268 the previous year and ended up in almost exactly same place but maybe one row in difference

Go get your number at that location. The number determines your place in the line for entry. To keep your place, you have to attend each subsequent roll call. If you miss one, your number is scrubbed from the list and you lose your place in the line and you would have to get a new number and start again.

Go get your number at that location. The number determines your place in the line for entry. To keep your place, you have to attend each subsequent roll call. If you miss one, your number is scrubbed from the list and you lose your place in the line and you would have to get a new number and start again.

Its loads of fin isn't it! Spending three days going back every 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Raoul

So basically you have to take the day off work to get in the pit?

The pit should hold nearly 4,500 people. There'll probably be around 1500 in the pit queue.

The Nal wrote: »
    Its loads of fin isn't it! Spending three days going back every 4 hours.

It is if you're in the pub in between:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

ankaragucu wrote: »
    I think we're ALL waiting on a sunny day.......

Not the song tho.

Raoul wrote: »
    So basically you have to take the day off work to get in the pit?

3 days! If you want to get a number.

People were walking into the pit at 5pm in Manchester last night. gig started at 6.

Heres a video from the queue this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

dixiefly wrote: »
    Good setlist, would not mind this at all either night. Santa Claus a strange one.

1. Atlantic City
    2. Murder Incorporated
    3. Badlands
    4. The Ties That Bind
    5. Sherry Darlin
    6. Two Hearts
    7. No Surrender
    8. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
    9. Hungry Heart
    10. Out In The Street
    11. Darkness On The Edge Of Town
    12. Crush On You
    13. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
    14. I Wanna Marry You
    15. The River
    16. Point Blank
    17. Johnny 99
    18. Darlington County
    19. Working On The Highway
    20. The Promised Land
    21. Waiting On A Sunny Day
    22. Because The Night
    23. The Rising
    24. Thunder Road
    25. Backstreets
    26. Born To Run
    27. Glory Days
    28. Dancing In The Dark
    29. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
    30. Shout
    31. Bobby Jean
    32. This Hard Land

Cool... He played This Hard Land... great song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

So where will the pit Q actually be located tomorrow?

So where will the pit Q actually be located tomorrow?

Davin Car Park. See above comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Can you pre book a car space? I'm going to be cutting it fine for time and don't want to waste precious time looking for a car space

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭mattser

Haven't been to a Croker concert before. How does a pitch ticket compare with the rest of the stadium ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm praying for thunder road.

Looks like it could be the last song 2morrow night (the solo acoustic encore)

Heard it 2 times already was hoping for a different song ah well

I'm paying 131+ for a ticket in 307 of the cusack stand and looking at the video on Aiken's instagram there is a speaker stand obstructing my view

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

I'm heading with a couple of mates on Sunday. Only reading about the roll call craic now for the pit entry. I can't see us making the 9am roll call that morning, so if we are to make do with just showing up early-ish to get into the pit, what time do ye reckon we'd need to be there to have some sort of a chance? 3PM,earlier..?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Standing ticket entry routes are James Avenue and Fosters Terrace.

What side will the pit cue be on tomorrow and Sunday. James Avenue or Fosters Terrace?

Would 3.30 /4pm be ok to get in the pit without a number?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Can someone tell me if I'm mad to chance parking in Clonliffe College at about 5pm? I'll have my mother with me who can't walk far. We will be coming from Dundrum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

And to add to that does anyone know what price parking will be?

Advertisement