Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

jcf wrote: »
    Last nights concert in barcelona was amazin, the setlist was pretty much the same as las palmas, he did Thunder road though - :)

Amazing tribute to Clarence during 10th Avenue Freeze out ...

incredible stuff, we clapped our hands raw.

edit - anyone know where playlists are available ?

They are on the official springsteen website and backstreets site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

who_ru wrote: »
    He is playing born in the usa too.....i cant wait till he hits Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

who_ru wrote: »

Live setlists as they happen on Greasy Lake, Stone Pony London and BTX.

Here's so far tonight @ Barca 2:

1. Night
    2. The Ties That Bind
    3. We Take Care of Our Own
    4. Two Hearts
    5. Wrecking Ball
    6. Death to My Hometown
    7. My City of Ruins
    8. Spirit in the Night
    9. The E Street Shuffle
    10. Jack of All Trades
    11. Trapped
    12. Downbound Train
    13. Because the Night
    14. Working on the Highway
    15. Shackled and Drawn
    16. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    17. The Promised Land
    18. Racing in the Street
    19. The Rising
    20. We Are Alive
    21. Badlands
    22. Ramrod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Two brilliant nights in Barcelona. Can't believe how fit he is. He barely broke a sweat and he worked the stage and ramps all night. He was clearly enjoying it too - smile rarely left his face. Jake Clemons has really stepped up to the mark and is very relaxed and comfortable on stage. Fair play to Stevie for taking to the stage despite his mum dying on the Wednes night. Racing was very emotional on night 2. Lots tears in the pit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

madalig12 wrote: »
    He is playing born in the usa too.....i cant wait till he hits Dublin

Yeah it was a treat, 1st time i've seen it live ...

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

3hr 20min gig tonight in Germany!! For a man of 62 that is something else. An 8 song encore. I sure hope this keeps up till these Dublin gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

with thanks to xerces in the Rock & Metal forum ..youtube are streaming Rock in Rio from Lisbon LIVE on this page..

http://www.youtube.com/rockinrio?feature=inp-lt-rou

Bruce down to headline next Sunday Night bank holiday June 3rd..watched Metallica last night and sound and picture was brilliant..also the fans were loud and crazy so gonna check out Springsteen and the E Street band next weekend for a taster of whats to come in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭random_guy

CiaranK wrote: »
    3hr 20min gig tonight in Germany!! For a man of 62 that is something else. An 8 song encore. I sure hope this keeps up till these Dublin gigs

I was there, I can say it was brilliant.

• Advertisement

Cadiliac Ranch....Omg!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

I would love to see that, Thursday night wouldn't suit me. Do you know if it is playing anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 colin5175colin

Hi all, was really looking forward to this gig but can't go now, so I've 2 tks for Tuesday 17th July gig at face value if any1 is interested, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

with thanks to xerces in the Rock & Metal forum ..youtube are streaming Rock in Rio from Lisbon LIVE on this page..

http://www.youtube.com/rockinrio?feature=inp-lt-rou

Bruce down to headline next Sunday Night bank holiday June 3rd..watched Metallica last night and sound and picture was brilliant..also the fans were loud and crazy so gonna check out Springsteen and the E Street band next weekend for a taster of whats to come in Dublin.

Just after watching Bryan Adams and waiting for Stevie Wonder. The Sound and picture are the best I have ever seen from a live stream!! Bruce tomorrow should be epic!

musicmania wrote: »
    Just after watching Bryan Adams and waiting for Stevie Wonder. The Sound and picture are the best I have ever seen from a live stream!! Bruce tomorrow should be epic!

IF Landau allows it, I wouldn't count my chickens yet......

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    IF Landau allows it, I wouldn't count my chickens yet......

Well the idiots cut the feed after a few of Stevie's songs last night so not getting my hopes up for tonight. I've heard of a few of Brucie's gigs being streamed live before (always after LOL) so hopefully this will get the go ahead and we will see it all.

Kaiser Chiefs on now. Followed by James? How does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭michaelduignan

What time is Bruce on?

What time is Bruce on?

Not til 23.40 seemingly

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Kaiser Chiefs on now. Followed by James? How does that work?

After Kaiser Chiefs they will show "highlights" from the last few days before the next act is on stage. Yeah Bruce is on stage 23.40 our time. They had better not cut his set short!!!

• Advertisement

just got in..enjoying a few pre show drinks and looking forward to The Boss!!

seeing as a lot of you guys are far more knowledgable than i am(just had to google Landau:o)..would you have a contact email for his american office so i can send some hate mail in the morning if this gets cut short:D

But seriously ..ENJOY!!

Just about finished a bottle of wine in prep myself. Not clicking the link until closer the time as I realised I used most of my monthly internet allowance last night. I need unlimited broadband if this if the future with concerts being streamed live :D It will be the Rock In Rio people we need to strangle in the morning if this is cut short not Landau. Surely they won't make the same mistake 2 nights in a row...................

In a few moments Bruce Springsteen

:D

Ah, another Metallica song...

haha..seems to be the way forward alright..saw Metallicas set from Rock am Ring last night on another live feed..actually maybe they have Bruces gig too..!!

The crowd at these Lisbon Gigs are amazing..passionate and LOUD..love their music..been to Europe to see a few bands and never considered Portugal before but will Now:)

And another

The 'Springsteen in a few moments is gone too' :/

Edit - It's back now. Hopefully after Sandman. Seen just this from their live stream. Cracking stuff.

Metallica is better than the crap we had while waiting for Stevie Wonder last night. Yeah the crowd in Lisbon is great. One of my friends is there tonight.

musicmania wrote: »
    Metallica is better than the crap we had while waiting for Stevie Wonder last night. Yeah the crowd in Lisbon is great. One of my friends is there tonight.
    Agreed..they are the best support band Bruce has had for quite some time:D

Anyone know what the 'Camera Sony' is? Is it like a 2nd stage or something?

• Advertisement

CiaranK wrote: »
    Anyone know what the 'Camera Sony' is? Is it like a 2nd stage or something?
    think its just a different angle of the stage..i just click it to refresh the stream when it goes down..and it comes back straight away..

Only saw Bruce live twice before..Is he known for doing an Axl??:D

Advertisement