Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Guards usually only let residents down that far and the cordon will be up by two unless you plan on parking earlier than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

Theres an entrance for clonliffe college car park on the drumcondra road, you can get in anytime as long as its not full

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Reckon he'll do something on Sat Night? A Free Sat night in Dublin, i can see him doing a turn in a pub somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

I take it the guards cordon is just for traffic and people who arrive at around 4ish will still have a good chance of getting pit passes like in the past at the RDS? Cheers.

Theres an entrance for clonliffe college car park on the drumcondra road, you can get in anytime as long as its not full

Well there you go you learn something new each day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Thing about parking in Clonliffe it will take ages to get out afterwards unless you leave early which I'll doubt anybody will do

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

The Nal wrote: »
    :D

Are you the same "The Nal" of E-Festivals Glasto notoriety?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

scudzilla wrote: »
    Reckon he'll do something on Sat Night? A Free Sat night in Dublin, i can see him doing a turn in a pub somewhere

Maybe at this one?

https://allevents.in/dublin/the-springsteens-live/668694656615186

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dixiefly wrote: »

I just looked them up on youtube, not that great at all

• Advertisement

I just looked them up on youtube, not that great at all
    I haven't seen them tbh but someone I know who is a pretty big Springsteen fan thinks they're great and is going between the two nights.

I will go at some stage to see them but this weekend isn't possible, 2 gigs is enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Rumour has it little Stevie will be doing a set in tower records on Saturday, done it on his last two vists

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Unz88

Have 3 seated Bruce tickets for cost price (thought we had one extra ticket but turns out we bought six, rather than four, in the initial excitement). Anyone interested please pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

what are the alcohol drink options in croker for gigs? larger larger larger?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

what are the alcohol drink options in croker for gigs? larger larger larger?

i think theres Murphys, Carlsberg (i think) and Stella Cidre

there will prob be lads with those bags going around selling bottles of something

Hopefully everyone has a good time, ll be in the cusack stand myself. Cant wait to read the postmorthum here on Saturday lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

He usually stays in the Merrion so O'Donoghue's on Baggot St could be worth a punt Saturday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

He usually stays in the Merrion so O'Donoghue's on Baggot St could be worth a punt Saturday evening.

I was thinking he might be staying in the Marker because the prices to stay were up to nearly 2k at one point last week.

My logic may be well flawed though.

I know he has stayed in the Morrison previously.

Sometimes goes to the Long Hall pub.

Story Bud? wrote: »
    I was thinking he might be staying in the Marker because the prices to stay were up to nearly 2k at one point last week.

My logic may be well flawed though.

I know he has stayed in the Morrison previously.
    They definitely stayed in the Merrion the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Is that on Baggot St, or else where?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

He was in Flye Fit gym on Baggot Street yesterday so anyone wondering where he might be staying, I'd reckon that end of town anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Also, may seem like a pretty silly question but does everyone think I'll be okay bringing a powerbank portable charger with me? I know Aiken were ruling out bags, etc earlier in the week to speed up the process ("advising against" bringing them) but I'm doing a roundtrip from Cork, starting at 8am and getting back home at about 4am and would like to be able to charge my phone as I go if I need to.

I've never brought it in before, but are they likely to be funny about electronics? (It's literally a black slab the size of my phone!)

He is in the merrion. Jake was spotted there yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

Also, may seem like a pretty silly question but does everyone think I'll be okay bringing a powerbank portable charger with me? I know Aiken were ruling out bags, etc earlier in the week to speed up the process ("advising against" bringing them) but I'm doing a roundtrip from Cork, starting at 8am and getting back home at about 4am and would like to be able to charge my phone as I go if I need to.

I've never brought it in before, but are they likely to be funny about electronics? (It's literally a black slab the size of my phone!)

You'll have no issue at all with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,091 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

c36472db98bcea3eca223726a76ce6fd.png

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Is that on Baggot St, or else where?

It's on Georges St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Will it finish at 11 exactly?

I've to catch a bus from D'Olier St. at 11:45pm, do you think I'd be there on time? :confused:

First time seeing Brucie, can't wait to get out of work and to Croker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Has to be finished before 11pm doesn't it. That's the agreement with Croker gigs. And yeh you'll make D'olier street in the time no probs, take about 20 mins to get there walking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

vicwatson wrote: »
    Has to be finished before 11pm doesn't it. That's the agreement with Croker gigs. And yeh you'll make D'olier street in the time no probs, take about 20 mins to get there walking

Thanks Vicwatson :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Yeah, he gave a shout out to the Long Hall at one of his RDS gigs a few years ago. Leo Burdock's too, actually...

Both worth a try. He'll probably stagger into Burdocks after a session at the Long Hall. Don't let him queue-jump anyway...!

Advertisement