Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

For anyone intending to use Dublin Coach at 23:45 from Burgh Quay to Ennis/Limerick/Kildare note that there are already 74 pre-bookings for this service.

I was talking to the receptionist on the phone and she said that you should pre-book to guarantee a seat, as pre-bookings will get priority and the bus could fill on pre-bookings alone.

I'd say the more people to pre-book the more chance they might throw on an extra service. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Would love if he did Atlantic City .. havent seen that one since '08 in the camp nou Barcelona, amazing..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Been a bit of a while since this many of us looked forward to getting together in the one spot.

Have a good one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Can you join the pit queue in the Davin Stand Car Park if you get there before the cordon goes up at 2pm?
    If anyone whose already there could post an update that'd be great.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The DublinLive twitter feed have posted a few videos this morning of fans queuing for the pit.

twitter.com/DublinLive/status/736106624243380228

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

People still coming into carpark afaik, think they stopped giving out numbers @1000. Security have said they will close gates & send people over to Cusack but havent done so yet.
    Plenty of room still seemingly (acc to Dr. Nick:))

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

If your entering via The St James Ave or Forster Terrace, is there still a chance of getting Pit Access? When I read Davin Car Park, I assume that's near the Davin Stand, aka The Canal end, at the opposite side of the ground.

:confused:

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    If your entering via The St James Ave or Forster Terrace, is there still a chance of getting Pit Access? When I read Davin Car Park, I assume that's near the Davin Stand, aka The Canal end, at the opposite side of the ground.

:confused:
    Yes, that's where they must have decided to do the various roll calls over the last couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Still people coming into the car park, been here since 11 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Still people coming into the car park, been here since 11 myself.

If with a group of people and you get in the q, can one or two of you leave (for refreshments) and then return?Thinking of Sunday here, we're seated tonight.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Also, may seem like a pretty silly question but does everyone think I'll be okay bringing a powerbank portable charger with me? I know Aiken were ruling out bags, etc earlier in the week to speed up the process ("advising against" bringing them) but I'm doing a roundtrip from Cork, starting at 8am and getting back home at about 4am and would like to be able to charge my phone as I go if I need to.

I've never brought it in before, but are they likely to be funny about electronics? (It's literally a black slab the size of my phone!)

Anyone who is there know how strict are they on this bag thing?? I was going to take a small Cath Kidson school bag type bag on my back rather than a handbag?
    Like Vic i'll be leaving in the early AM and not back until the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

What is the queue like at the moment I'm Heading down there shortly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

dinemo6 wrote: »
    Anyone who is there know how strict are they on this bag thing?? I was going to take a small Cath Kidson school bag type bag on my back rather than a handbag?
    Like Vic i'll be leaving in the early AM and not back until the same...

From what I recall, bags aren't banned. They just recommended not bringing backpacks, etc to speed up the process of getting in. I presume anything you bring will have to be searched.

I can fit everything I need in my pockets so once I don't have an issue with my charger I'm good to go without a bag. If I had to bring extras, I'd bring it no problem.

Check aiken's website if you want the full rules. I think the Indo ran them too.

The Davin Carpark queue was closed at 1:35 when I got there. There's another pit queue at the cusack stand entrance. Not sure if they're letting anyone else through the barriers on the main road but if you can get down to the gate there's about 500 here. The stewards said that we will all get wristbands for the pit.

Yes I hear that the new entrance for pit entry is at rear of Cusack Stand on east side.

They've just started handing out wristbands at Cusack entrance and moved us inside the gate :D
    Thanks for all the info guys & enjoy the show!!!

387081.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭blue note

Are you allowed to buy a pint there and bring it to your seat? I remember a few years ago at take that I bought two pints (it was take that, it was a pity I didn't have more hands) and I had to drink them before going onto the pitch. Is it the same now and the same for stand tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Not allowed bring your drink to seat during gaa matches but thought it was different for concerts tbh

Soundchecked Darkness, Roulette, Lost In The Flood, Here Comes The Night (Van around?)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

dixiefly wrote: »
    , Here Comes The Night (Van around?)

sure it wasn't "Because the Night"

he has this on the setlist on this tour

• Advertisement

So if there is that many people at the pit Q 10+ hours before the gig, surely no chance of pit if i arrive there at 1630-1700 ? (sundays show)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

dixiefly wrote: »
    Soundchecked Darkness, Roulette, Lost In The Flood, Here Comes The Night (Van around?)
    Can't see a Van guest appearance. Think he's on record from way back as being quite bitter with Bruce for, as I recall, ripping off his act. Something along those lines anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭blue note

mrk75 wrote: »
    Can't see a Van guest appearance. Think he's on record from way back as being quite bitter

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Riskymove wrote: »
    sure it wasn't "Because the Night"

he has this on the setlist on this tour

Deffo 'Here come's the night'.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

Pit bands still being handed out at GA queue. Just got one now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Pit bands still being handed out at GA queue. Just got one now

What time did you arrive? Where is the GA queue?

Literally just arrived. GA is on st. James road. Behind the cusack stand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Sound cheers, just wanted to get an idea for Sunday.

Once you get a wristband, you don't need to stay in the Q ?
    Im thinking of bathroom breaks etc..

• Advertisement

There are toilets along the length of the q. People will let you past to go to them and come back

Advertisement