Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

s8n wrote: »
    serious amount of moaning on this thread - Did anyone actually enjoy it ?

Loved it. Best thing ever.

Thanks Bruce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

LowOdour wrote: »
    what are the chances of getting on to the pitch with a stand ticket? Was wondering if people who were in the stands last night ad were complaining about the noise tried this

Purely on a H&S point of view this cant be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

LowOdour wrote: »
    what are the chances of getting on to the pitch with a stand ticket? Was wondering if people who were in the stands last night ad were complaining about the noise tried this

None at all I am afraid, saw a few people that were in the pit line being refused entry to the pitch when it came to time to produce the ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2016/0528/791670-complaints-lodged-following-poor-sound-at-springsteen/

seem Aiken admit there were issues
    Concert organisers Aiken Promotions said that they received complaints, but say that they were ‘rectified’ during the three and a half hour concert.

In a statement, they said "A small number of complaints in relation to sound were brought to organisers’ attention, and we in turn brought them to the sound engineers’ attention and believe they were rectified".

Which at least is something which may allay the fears of people going tomorrow -i.e. they are not claiming it was grand and will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Whats David Gilmour like I heard he is supporting Bruce on this tour.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Dero123 wrote: »
    Great gig last night my eight and easily the best, I got there at 2 and joined the que at the back on the Cusack Stand, we were let inside the gates just after 3 given pit passes and put in another holding area before finally being allowed in just after 4.00.
    Pit was packed with great atmosphere in it was talking to a chap that had flown in from America

Loved the start of the shown Darkness into Badlands works so well, Death to My hometown was brilliant, Lost in the Flood Thunder Road, The Rising the set had it all.

There not going to be around for ever so if your going tomorrow night enjoy and prepare yourself for the best 3.5hours of live entertainment you will ever see

What was the setlist for last nite, i think he started with that @ RDS last time?

Is it signposted around the front to queue at Cusack stand?
    I wonder what time will the queue start tomoro, bus will be passing Drumcondra around about 12, might chance it? if so, it'll give me time to come back for the next roll call.

Btw how does the numbering work in the pit, are you allocated spaces:confused:

Thanks.

None at all I am afraid, saw a few people that were in the pit line being refused entry to the pitch when it came to time to produce the ticket

So is it only people that have standing, that can gain access to the pit?
    I could have sworn back a few pages that people in the Cusack stand had tickets & got passes?
    As I have a ticket for Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Compas

The man is a legend - however lots of really drunk people particularly a row behind us from Donegal who might as well have been in their local karaoke bar - spilling drink, fighting with each other and - real life - projectile vomiting during the river kinda spoiled it on us. Thank you to all the lovely people around us who offered us free seats beside them to enjoy the rest of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Knw a weird shout out but I really liked 'down to the river to pray' being played as we all walked out of the stadium. Really added to the night

Where the bands dressing rooms at the back of hill 16 or did they get driven to the player dressing rooms ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

What's the likelihood of "swapping" a standing ticket for a seated ticket? Is there an official way of doing this at Croke Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

They shut the pit where they give put numbers at 12 on Friday and those in it had to stay , I walked down Jones's road and were told there was a second pit q being formed at back of Cusack stand. I'd get there as early as possible tomorrow if your aiming for the pit as it's going to be popular with it being a Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Great gig as always from Bruce. I was on the pitch in various places & didn't notice any sound problems. Bit of a pain getting in & out to use toilet queues both ways & the guys selling bottles of beer inside kept running out. Other than that all fine. Born to run was the highlight for me as always. Thunder road fantastic too. He's some man!

They shut the pit where they give put numbers at 12 on Friday and those in it had to stay , I walked down Jones's road and were told there was a second pit q being formed at back of Cusack stand. I'd get there as early as possible tomorrow if your aiming for the pit as it's going to be popular with it being a Sunday

Thanks,will do that, is the Cusack stand down Jones's road opp Quinn's?

As i'm usually with someone, who's always up there & knows their way!

But i suppose that thing you mentioned about stand tickets, not being given access to the pit, maybe i should ask someone early b4 queueing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Compas wrote: »
    The man is a legend - however lots of really drunk people particularly a row behind us from Donegal who might as well have been in their local karaoke bar - spilling drink, fighting with each other and - real life - projectile vomiting during the river kinda spoiled it on us. Thank you to all the lovely people around us who offered us free seats beside them to enjoy the rest of the show.

Ireland is the worst place to go to a gig.

Full of idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

My printer won't print off my tickets for tomorrow.... This is a nightmare come tru

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

The Raptor wrote: »
    What a tosspot that Enda Kenny is.

Yes he absolutely is.

But at least he is actually a Springsteen fan, unlike, what......70% of the audience last night? 50% of who were people who regularly go to rock concerts (not Bublé, Westlife etc.)

I was at an event today and it was cringe-worthy, an amazing % were at the concert - when I mentioned it was my 34th Bruce concert, well it was funny.
    One person actually said it was a shame he played so much new stuff that no-one knew.......I bit hard on my tongue. Lots of people have got free tickets for these shows and lots are going for a night out without knowing what that might entail.

This is how it is for die-hard Bruce fans in Irealnd and we've grown to ignore the day-trippers.......Enda's not one of those btw, I'd give him a break on this occasion if not on many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭8mv

I was there with Mrs. mv Friday night in the Hogan upper tier. Normally I'd be standing but the Mrs. won't hear of it and that was the only tickets I could get. Eight e-street band gig and the only one where I felt short changed. It was obviously great for the people on the pitch, but we didn't hear what they could hear - the sound was atrocious - and visually we were completely obstructed - couldn't see the main screen or the far screen and the screen near us had a bank of speakers hanging in front of it. We could only see Bruce, Steven and Patti at a distance and occasionally Nils, Suzi or Jake when they took solos. Felt totally ripped off for the first time in 35 years of gig-going. Also, as other posters have mentioned, we were surrounded by ****ing idiots who knew the radio hits but were completely uninterested in anything from albums. Talking loudly and jumping up every few minutes to go out to the bar - why can't these cnuts save themselves €135 and stay the **** in their local.
    Sorry for the rant, but I am livid with Aiken promotions and, to be honest, the band and crew have to take the blame for the lousy sound. For all his wealth and success, I thought Bruce was on our side. I'm not some casual attendee thinking I'd go to see some big name out of curiousity - I've been to hundreds of gigs big and small. Look back to earlier posts on this thread and you'll see I usually rave about Springsteen gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I see there is still tickets for sale on Ticketmaster for Sunday's gig

8mv wrote: »
    I was there with Mrs. mv Saturday night in the Hogan upper tier. Normally I'd be standing but the Mrs. won't hear of it and that was the only tickets I could get. Eight e-street band gig and the only one where I felt short changed. It was obviously great for the people on the pitch, but we didn't hear what they could hear - the sound was atrocious - and visually we were completely obstructed - couldn't see the main screen or the far screen and the screen near us had a bank of speakers hanging in front of it. We could only see Bruce, Steven and Patti at a distance and occasionally Nils, Suzi or Jake when they took solos. Felt totally ripped off for the first time in 35 years of gig-going. Also, as other posters have mentioned, we were surrounded by ****ing idiots who knew the radio hits but were completely uninterested in anything from albums. Talking loudly and jumping up every few minutes to go out to the bar - why can't these cnuts save themselves €135 and stay the **** in their local.
    Sorry for the rant, but I am livid with Aiken promotions and, to be honest, the band and crew have to take the blame for the lousy sound. For all his wealth and success, I thought Bruce was on our side. I'm not some casual attendee thinking I'd go to see some big name out of curiousity - I've been to hundreds of gigs big and small. Look back to earlier posts on this thread and you'll see I usually rave about Springsteen gigs.

I can't understand it either, as i don't want to be spending half the time goin to the loo, i saw it heading to the RDS last time, pubs around were packed around & even an off licence got in on the act, selling the cans at €6 a pop:eek:

I want a clear head in listening to the music & remember what the song means to me, as the only tears i want to see is from the song, not the binge-whingers beside me, slight rant over :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I see there is still tickets for sale on Ticketmaster for Sunday's gig

I seen that, HOGAN STAND-PREMIUM LEVEL, left

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

There were people who stayed out in the bar areas smoking/chatting/drinking etc for most of the show id say

Few lads/lady's who were not exactly teenagers pissed out of there brains

People getting up every 5 mins to go to the bar/toilets etc does my head in

Sadly Ireland is full of daytrippers but there part and parcel of the concert experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,488 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

8mv wrote: »
    I was there with Mrs. mv Saturday night in the Hogan upper tier. Felt totally ripped off for the first time in 35 years of gig-going. I've been to hundreds of gigs big and small. Look back to earlier posts on this thread and you'll see I usually rave about Springsteen gigs.

Maybe it's something to do with the fact that you went Saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Those giving Enda Kenny a hard time would want to get a grip. He was clearly out having a great time. The real idiots imo are those that wouldn't stop recording him on their smart phones during a Bruce Springsteen gig!

He clearly wanted them to feck off at the end, motioning for them to stop and watch the concert.

I have seen Bruce a good few times and would say I'm a big fan. This one however fell short for me, I didn't think Bruce seemed to be fully committed and appeared to be going through the motions at times. The set list played pretty wacky at times too, it seemed like anything goes. I'm hoping for a better performance tomorrow night. The only grumble about the sound where I was is that it was too loud, to the point of distorting. I'm not sure but I had suspicions that Bruce's mic was a bit damaged, might have been the speakers again tho, it seemed to seriously act up during 10th Avenue!

By no means a bad gig, but with the standard Bruce has set for me this one ranks among the worst. Outta the rubbish rds and into the audio hell hole that is Croke Park. Let's get the E Street to the 3 arena for a burst of nights, no doubt the roof word be blown clean off! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Compas wrote: »

We had a similar experience in Killkenny. We were just one row from the barrier behind the pit but these lads thought if they squeezed passed us they were gonna get further into the crowd even when everyone around us were telling them you cant. Then they stuck behind us just chatting utter ****e for the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭8mv

Maybe it's something to do with the fact that you went Saturday night?
    Well spotted Sandeman - I'm so cross I don't know what day of the week it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭whatever_

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Yes he absolutely is.

But at least he is actually a Springsteen fan, unlike, what......70% of the audience last night? 50% of who were people who regularly go to rock concerts (not Bublé, Westlife etc.)

I was at an event today and it was cringe-worthy, an amazing % were at the concert - when I mentioned it was my 34th Bruce concert, well it was funny.
    One person actually said it was a shame he played so much new stuff that no-one knew.......I bit hard on my tongue. Lots of people have got free tickets for these shows and lots are going for a night out without knowing what that might entail.

This is how it is for die-hard Bruce fans in Irealnd and we've grown to ignore the day-trippers.......Enda's not one of those btw, I'd give him a break on this occasion if not on many others.

I agree re. Enda. I am probably one of the people you are talking about - I go to lots of gigs in Dublin and I own probably four Springsteen albums and there were several songs on the night that I did not know. I would not classify myself as a Springsteen fan. We did listen to him though - and I too was amazed at the drinking. The sound was terrible (Cusack 304) at the start and it was hardly any worse in the bar.

I think you have to accept that in the modern world there are fewer and fewer "die hard" fans of anything - particularly when you are talking about an artist who has made 30+ records. I think it is better to look at it this way - if concerts were just for "die hard" fans then ticket prices would run to thousands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I have a pitch standing ticket and says red route enter via st. James ave/Foster TCE / Temp stiles.

Sorry, never been to Croke before, will the PIT Q be here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Had a great time at the back of the pitch, I was in the middle to begin with, the sound was very poor there too, went right to the back of the pitch and the sound was clear as a bell. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if people are going to the bar all night, what do people expect?
    Croke park is not a great venue for a gig, the Aviva is better but access there is difficult. The RDS is antiquated, he should have played Thomand again, from what I've heard one of his best ever gigs in Ireland there the last time. As for the guy who said he felt Bruce was not committed to the gig - you must have been at a different venue completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

I have a pitch standing ticket and says red route enter via st. James ave/Foster TCE / Temp stiles.

Sorry, never been to Croke before, will the PIT Q be here ?

No, when you enter from that route, which I did Friday night you enter at the back of the pitch. I don't know where the pit queue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 hmw

At pit Q davin stand red entrance. Next roll call at 12 & must stay for day after that. Got here at 11 im no.984

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

My heart goes out to the people that had to endure the piss heads around them. Is there anything worse that paying €100+ for a ticket and then having to put up with F**kers like that! As for recording Enda Kenny having a good time?! Get a f**kin grip! They paid a lot of money to record someone enjoying themselves so they could put it up on FB and get a load of comments.
    I have to say I consider myself very lucky when I read some of the comments. I was seated about half way down and the crowd around were in great form just cheering, dancing, clapping, laughing etc. Nobody was acting the maggot or piss drunk. Actually it was the first gig in a long time that I didn't have to put up with people screaming ' sing born in the usa!!' and then turn sideways for the night talking to their mates. Wish I going tonight but I left on such a high Friday night; The Boss belting out 'the promised land', 'jungleland' and the great atmosphere around me.

Advertisement