Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Unz88

If we get down for 1230 think we'll be ok for a pit pass? Is the queue in the davin entrance car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

What a day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Waiting for a sunny day? Its here :D Heading off from Sligo now, sun splitting the stones, not excited in the slightest. Bluetooth speaker broke the other day, so will have to do the drive the old fashioned way, CDs in the van ready for the journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

muddypaws wrote: »
    Waiting for a sunny day? Its here :D Heading off from Sligo now, sun splitting the stones, not excited in the slightest. Bluetooth speaker broke the other day, so will have to do the drive the old fashioned way, CDs in the van ready for the journey.

Wont need to push thru any clouds tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Is the entrance to the Davin carpark on Jones Rd?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

as for getting to Croke park from Connolly st DART station, is the route through dodgy areas ?

should I hide my ticket and money ??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

as for getting to Croke park from Connolly st DART station, is the route through dodgy areas ?

should I hide my ticket and money ??

Are you planning on having them sitting on your lap for everyone to see?! They'll be fine in your pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Speaking of drunks.. there was a group of men and women from Donegal in front of us in the pit.. ranging in age from 40s to late 50s. All dressed in blazers with Aiken promotion wrist bands.

Talk about a bunch of messy drunks, pushing and shoving each other. Falling over. Knocking into people trying to watch the concert. At one stage a girl behind them got a whack in the face because of the antics and I pulled your man on it and I was the bad guy because they were out for 'a good time'.

Not to many people around them were having a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Guys so jealous of you all going tonight I can see it being special

I saw my show Friday and my life has to go on til the next one

2017 solo tour in the 3arena and then the 2019 35th anniversary BITU tour lol.

Enjoy

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Are the chances of getting a pit pass very slim later on? about 5 ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Are the chances of getting a pit pass very slim later on? about 5 ish

I got a pit pass on Friday at 5:20 but I think that was just down to sheer luck, I'd say they'll be gone before that today

anna080 wrote: »
    I got a pit pass on Friday at 5:20 but I think that was just down to sheer luck, I'd say they'll be gone before that today

Yea was thinking with everyone off today that more people will que. I just dont wanna get there to early and then miss out ha. We were very lucky at the RDS last time we just walked up about 5 and got pit passes. Suppose cant always be that lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

En route from Limerick (even if my distain for our national carrier grows more with every trip. Don't be cheap next time Ben! It's not worth it!) Tonight's gonna be a special one.. I can feel it!

Anyone feel like giving up standing and plonking in upper cusack? :P gonna be strange sitting at Bruce..

Actually any one know what beers are in the Stand?
    Hardly just Carlsberg!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Actually any one know what beers are in the Stand?
    Hardly just Carlsberg!

Guinness and Cidre as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Guys so jealous of you all going tonight I can see it being special

I saw my show Friday and my life has to go on til the next one

2017 solo tour in the 3arena and then the 2019 35th anniversary BITU tour lol.

Enjoy

I'm wondering if there will be another tour with the band, they ain't getting any younger. Tonight could be a bit of history...

hmw wrote: »
    At pit Q davin stand red entrance. Next roll call at 12 & must stay for day after that. Got here at 11 im no.984

Is there a big turn out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Got here around 1130, roll call done, roll on 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm wondering if there will be another tour with the band, they ain't getting any younger. Tonight could be a bit of history...

Noticed that on Friday, Stevie Nils and max can still go, but they're definitely wearing their age on their faces.

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Got here around 1130, roll call done, roll on 7!

Was there a big turnout for the pit passes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

How do you go about getting a pit pass, or is it to late at this stage? Just killing time in town here.

I've no idea what a roll call is. Never seen one before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If some of the members do decide to call it a day very soon but the boss doesn't want to retire the esb element he could hire replacements Wahlberg's son is drummer of slipknot now and I think filled in on drums for the esb a few times

If the whole band called it a day after this tour it will be sad but Bruce and the band owe us nothing and everyone will wish them well in retirement.

Jake is only 36 and is an extremely good musican just like his late uncle

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

How do you go about getting a pit pass, or is it to late at this stage? Just killing time in town here.

I've no idea what a roll call is. Never seen one before.

Head up to croke park and get in the queue, either in the car park behind the Davin stand, or if that is no longer going head to the normal entrance to the Cusack stand and get in the queue there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

adrian522 wrote: »
    Head up to croke park and get in the queue, either in the car park behind the Davin stand, or if that is no longer going head to the normal entrance to the Cusack stand and get in the queue there.

Probably straight to the Cusack entrance at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Anyone travelling from south.
    M7 at a crawl between j12 and 11

Crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Should be good lads, I'll be the one with the "Blinded by the Light" poster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Should be good lads, I'll be the one with the "Blinded by the Light" poster :D

If he plays that tonight, I'm gonna be very upset. :D

(Cos i'd have loved to see it on Friday!)

Absolutely love that tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Growin up, Youngstown sound checked so far not sure what the other one was some are saying streets of fire, looks like tonight could be epic

Picked up a wristband at the Cusack stand entrance at about 3.10. Didn't have to enter at that stage so gone for a pint in Fairview.

Great weather anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭joinme

adrian522 wrote: »
    Picked up a wristband at the Cusack stand entrance at about 3.10. Didn't have to enter at that stage so gone for a pint in Fairview.

Great weather anyway.

Would they give one person two wristbands if I nipped down now?

• Advertisement

joinme wrote: »
    Would they give one person two wristbands if I nipped down now?

I seroously doubt it to be honest.

Advertisement