Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I was at the gig on Friday, absolutely fantastic!! Would love to be going again tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Passes all gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I was at the gig on Friday, absolutely fantastic!! Would love to be going again tonight!

Yep. Working at the laptop here, looking out at the sun thinking, Jesus, I am so jealous.

Hope yis all have a blast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Just told me no more Pitt passes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Well I'm now slow cooking at sit on the pitch waiting until 7. I'm far from a Springsteen fan, I'd only know his bigger songs. But I hope it's good.

Also, all everyone here around me seems to be talking about is how many times they've seen him. They're all trying to out-Bruce each other. It's quite cringey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Well I'm now slow cooking at sit on the pitch waiting until 7. I'm far from a Springsteen fan, I'd only know his bigger songs. But I hope it's good.

Also, all everyone here around me seems to be talking about is how many times they've seen him. They're all trying to out-Bruce each other. It's quite cringey.

They do seem to be a bit weird alright

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Yes he absolutely is.

But at least he is actually a Springsteen fan, unlike, what......70% of the audience last night? 50% of who were people who regularly go to rock concerts (not Bublé, Westlife etc.)

I was at an event today and it was cringe-worthy, an amazing % were at the concert - when I mentioned it was my 34th Bruce concert, well it was funny.
    One person actually said it was a shame he played so much new stuff that no-one knew.......I bit hard on my tongue. Lots of people have got free tickets for these shows and lots are going for a night out without knowing what that might entail.

This is how it is for die-hard Bruce fans in Irealnd and we've grown to ignore the day-trippers.......Enda's not one of those btw, I'd give him a break on this occasion if not on many others.

What a load of self important rubbish.

There's a few of them on this thread too.

Didn't get to the pit but right at the front so happy enough ...

Also Boiling here ... The next 2 hours will drag - hopefully be worth it !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Probably sacrilege but i think Bruce could do with support on a weekend. Loads of people in, would be nice to have live music to listen to.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Probably sacrilege but i think Bruce could do with support on a weekend. Loads of people in, would be nice to have live music to listen to.

For me, one of the reasons the 2013 shows were so good was because of the acoustic sets Bruce would come out and do.

I'd even listen to U2 in this heAt :p

hahah the irony !!

Dart runs until midnight yeah ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Eagerly awaiting Bruce in the pit. The Carlsberg is the 3.8 percent version, the bottles are anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

seanbmc wrote: »
    Eagerly awaiting Bruce in the pit. The Carlsberg is the 3.8 percent version, the bottles are anyways.

Is the pit packed?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Sound is brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

muirsheen wrote: »
    Sound is brutal

At least it's in stereo :pac:

Are you in the stand or on the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Shocking sound 4 songs in cant make a word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

but1er wrote: »
    Shocking sound 4 songs in cant make a word

You know it's bad when he's not singing, just talking and people asking each other what did he just say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

anna080 wrote: »
    Is the pit packed?

its packed in the pit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

2 young wans on the way to the gig on the bus were saying that they really hoped he plays *Summer of 69*

Some people just shouldn't be allowed breathe.......

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

There's a guy Periscoping from what looks like the Upper Davin and it sounds great. Playing Independence Day at the moment.

So jell - wish I was back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    There's a guy Periscoping from what looks like the Upper Davin and it sounds great. Playing Independence Day at the moment.

So jell - wish I was back there.

Link? Had one from pit but its gone.

Got it

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1BRJjlLyENdKw

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Gone :(

Sounded amazing again. Fair play to that guy, 'scoping for 7 or 8 songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Bono!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

but1er wrote: »
    Bono!!

Serious?

anna080 wrote: »
    Serious?

Because the Night!

• Advertisement