Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

vicwatson wrote: »
    People on boards during the gig ???????

Takes two seconds to post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

1 2 3 fore!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

prodsc wrote: »
    Because the Night!

Ugh I would not have been impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

anna080 wrote: »
    Ugh I would not have been impressed

because the night... belongs to bono... because tonight...... in the naaaaaaaaaaaaaaame of love

ugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

but1er wrote: »
    Takes two seconds to post

Focus should be on the gig not ones phone etc

• Advertisement

because the night... belongs to bono... because tonight...... in the naaaaaaaaaaaaaaame of love

ugh...

Not content with forcing himself into people's iTunes he's now forcing himself into other people's concerts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Friend is there and say's the sound is absolutely terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Bono.. thank God I went Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

keano25 wrote: »

I'd love to be there you don't get chances to see 2 legends (like them or not) share the stage

I paid about €340 to see both Bruce and Bono play with there bands over the past few months and the people there tonight only paid for there Bruce tickets and got Bono thrown in too lol

Sad they didn't sort out the sound after receiving so many negative reports after Friday's show

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

God damn it.

I'm not even the biggest U2 fan, but I would have bloody loved that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

No one does begrudgery like the Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Over at 10.17ish

Sound was a better, but I was in the pit tonight.

Enjoyed it. Independence Day the highlight for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Over at 10.17ish

Sound was a better, but I was in the pit tonight.

Enjoyed it.

What time did he start?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Howjoe1 wrote: »

No one overuses the word begrudgery like the Irish either!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What time did he start?

Not 100% but think it was around 7.10 .

I don't begrudge him anything, he deserves his success; but if I paid to see Bruce on stage it's Bruce alone I'd want to see

anna080 wrote: »
    I don't begrudge him anything, he deserves his success; but if I paid to see Bruce on stage it's Bruce alone I'd want to see

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiNo5D6oYDNAhWOHsAKHfQVBtQQFggoMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rollingstone.com%2Fmusic%2Fnews%2Fwatch-bruce-springsteens-surprise-performance-with-u2-20150801&usg=AFQjCNGwoRsqHNPwZPs-jpnmBVBNCP5EEQ&bvm=bv.123325700,d.ZGg

Bruce has joined U2 on stage in the past for a couple of songs.

Personally I don't mind a bit of a twist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

My opinion, don't begrudge him anything he has achieved. Bono is just not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Really poor form from the promoters, telling people it was over with a good few songs left

My opinion, don't begrudge him anything he has achieved. Bono is just not my cup of tea.

Seen them both years ago and wouldn't pay to see either of them again to be honest.

Bono and his ego is a bit too much for me, and I find some of Bruce's songs a bit cloying.

The best gig of the weekend in Dublin was, The Last Shadow Puppets and sound was great.

But if 2 artist have mutual respect and decide to join each other on stage, that's all the better in my opinion and can add to the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Other then a couple of drunken idiots I was pretty lucky tonight with the crowd immediately around me, really enjoyed the show :)

Not at their best in all honesty, but Croke Park is a hole for live music and they can't be 110% every single time I guess. Even not at their best still the best live act I will be seeing this year for sure!

Loved Two Hearts, The Promised Land and Out in The Street, always love Spirit in The Night. Great to hear Incident on 57th, I'd love to see him do a solo tour over the next couple of years, in the 3Arena ideally though I doubt it is likely.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Really poor form from the promoters, telling people it was over with a good few songs left

I don't believe they did !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Other then a couple of drunken idiots I was pretty lucky tonight with the crowd immediately around me, really enjoyed the show :)

Not at their best in all honesty, but Croke Park is a hole for live music and they can't be 110% every single time I guess. Even not at their best still the best live act I will be seeing this year for sure!

Loved Two Hearts, The Promised Land and Out in The Street, always love Spirit in The Night. Great to hear Incident on 57th, I'd love to see him do a solo tour over the next couple of years, in the 3Arena ideally though I doubt it is likely.
    The rumour is that he has a solo album ready to go as soon as this tour is out of the way.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Born In The USA and Youngstown tonight - damn I wish we got them on Friday. No Jungleland or Darkness on The Edge of Town though, so maybe it balances.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

s8n wrote: »
    I don't believe they did !!!

They did to multiple telling them it was over, and really bad form.

Haven't seen as rude staff in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Not 100% but think it was around 7.10 .

7.03 by my watch, had a missed call just as he came on which is how i know

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Was in the cusack stand. Disappointed to say the least. Knowing he's so much better than tonight

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I thought badlands was immense tonight, it probably better at that stage of the gig than at the start.

Because the night was really good too. A lot of songs repeated both nights, thought he'd mix it up a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

The best gig of the weekend in Dublin was, The Last Shadow Puppets and sound was great.
    I'd rather have gone to see Josh Groban in the Bord Gais tonight than The Last Shadow Muppets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

adrian522 wrote: »
    I thought badlands was immense tonight, it probably better at that stage of the gig than at the start.

Because the night was really good too. A lot of songs repeated both nights, thought he'd mix it up a bit more.
    43 different songs over the two nights, I thought it would have been a bit more mixed tonight also especially the encores, glory days, American land even Atlantic City in there however can understand why they played what they did Croke Park is so big they have to play the big hits to keep the atmosphere

Advertisement