Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

CiaranK wrote: »
    Anyone know what the 'Camera Sony' is? Is it like a 2nd stage or something?

Not sure. I clicked it last night and it seems much the same as the stage camera.
    Hope Bruce isn't as late on stage when he reaches Irish shores!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Normally he's pretty good for stage times. He also doesn't care about bustin' the curfew so thats good too ;)

Also can anyone read the big sign on the sony cam. Looks like I'm going down but there is more that I can't make out. The quality gets going for me.

CiaranK wrote: »
    Normally he's pretty good for stage times. He also doesn't care about bustin' the curfew so thats good too ;)

Yeah this is unusual. Bryan Adams was seriously late last night but Stevie was only about 5 minutes late. If the idiots cut the stream tonight we won't need to worry about Bruce's lack of respect for curfews!

Sony Cam looks like show time folks :D

Enjoy

(Sorry for all the posts by the was :/ )

• Advertisement

Just seen a comment they are only streaming 30 minutes of Brucies concert :( I wonder when he is coming on stage. If he plays his usual 3 hours this gig won't be over til 3am at this rate!

*apparently he is on stage and we are only getting 30 mins at some stage*

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

musicmania wrote: »
    Yeah this is unusual. Bryan Adams was seriously late last night but Stevie was only about 5 minutes late. If the idiots cut the stream tonight we won't need to worry about Bruce's lack of respect for curfews!
    hes prob still on the phone to Landau asking how the hell can he possibly play straight after the portuguese answer to Bon Jovi:D

are any of ye on twitter..there has to be other streams.......

hes prob still on the phone to Landau asking how the hell can he possibly play straight after the portuguese answer to Bon Jovi:D

We will have no dissing Bon Jovi please. Those idiots were the Portuguese answer to Westlife with instruments (ok they weren't THAT bad)

He's on stage looking at the sony cam, the way the crowd are going. Photos/Clapping etc. and the lights are changing from where the stage is (Pity it's not pointed on it and theres no sound :(

• Advertisement

OK ENOUGH!!! The Offspring were on last night and done my head in then and not listening to them again. I'll watch the videos tomorrow and wait until July for Bruce live. I'm going to bed :(

THE BOSS is ON and ROCKIN the House!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

What a great set, Can't believe we only got a half hour

Bloody hell, he is still amazing, roll on Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

I was asleep but woken by my dearest hubby to watch. Still don't know how he does it - if I only had a 10th of his energy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

20 mins - Spirit, Because, No Surrender, small bit of She's the one

Where's everyones next port of call???? Would love to be heading to Italy this week but circumstances don't allow. Our next stop is Manchester.

Was trying to get in on GL and it is still down :( Can't be without GL for live setlists. I know we can get them on twitter but I love the banter that goes with it and don't frequent BTX

Manchester next. Try SPL for live setlists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    20 mins - Spirit, Because, No Surrender, small bit of She's the one

Doh! Video gone private - presumably the copyright police landed.

This video is still there and is longer :)

Wow mammoth 3 hr 40 minute set last, they don't call him the Boss for nothing!
    We Take Care Of Our Own
    Wrecking Ball
    Badlands
    Death to My Hometown
    My City of Ruins
    Spirit in the Night
    The E Street Shuffle
    Jack of All Trades
    Candy's Room
    Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Johnny 99
    Out in the Street
    No Surrender
    Working on the Highway
    Shackled and Drawn
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    The Promised Land
    The Promise (Solo Piano)
    The River
    The Rising
    Radio Nowhere
    We Are Alive
    Land of Hope and Dreams

Rocky Ground
    Born in the U.S.A.
    Born to Run
    Cadillac Ranch
    Hungry Heart
    Bobby Jean
    Dancing in the Dark
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

Glory Days
    Twist and Shout

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Heads up Sky Arts will be showing some of his set tomorrow night 24th

Heads up Sky Arts will be showing some of his set tomorrow night 24th

I wonder how much they'll be allowed to show? I'm still recovering from Manchester, mammoth gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Forster

Was at Sunderland and Manchester - two superb gigs - both over 3 hours. Manchester gig being talked about as his best ever in England.

Word of advice get in early - both gigs started shortly after seven with Badlands and loads of people were caught out and missed it.

New album is really strong live and the man himself is on fire!

I wonder how much they'll be allowed to show? I'm still recovering from Manchester, mammoth gig.

Yea Pearl Jam only allowed them 3 songs last night:mad: and we got about 5 songs from Tom Petty on friday night . Would love if we got a decent chunk of it

Yea Pearl Jam only allowed them 3 songs last night:mad: and we got about 5 songs from Tom Petty on friday night . Would love if we got a decent chunk of it

Rumour is they'll be showing Bruce from 10pm

Rumour is they'll be showing Bruce from 10pm

Yea was thinking they will need to show a good chunk of his set since they have a lot of time to use up , plus he has been on stage since about 8pm

Also when you say that the gig started just after 7 in the UK , what time were gates open? Just so i can work it out for myself and the RDS gig

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Forster

Yea was thinking they will need to show a good chunk of his set since they have a lot of time to use up , plus he has been on stage since about 8pm

Also when you say that the gig started just after 7 in the UK , what time were gates open? Just so i can work it out for myself and the RDS gig

Gates opened after 4 in Sunderland - he came on at 7.10 and played to 10.15. In Manchester gates opened around 5pm. He came on at 7.15 and played until 10.40 - very different set! i think there was a 10.30 curfew in both stadiums though so RDS may be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Forster wrote: »
    Gates opened after 4 in Sunderland - he came on at 7.10 and played to 10.15. In Manchester gates opened around 5pm. He came on at 7.15 and played until 10.40 - very different set! i think there was a 10.30 curfew in both stadiums though so RDS may be different.

Was at the Manchester gig - wow is all I can say.

Highlights for me (of many) were Two Hearts, Shackled and Drawn, No Surrender and The Rising

Manchester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bruce bless you - you made one little girl very, very happy. THE PROMISE!!!!!!!!! Thankfully we didn't encounter any of the queue drama. Got our wristbands at 3.30 and came back 7ish and got right up top of the pit no problems. Some of our friends stayed there all day and we were up beside them in the end. Twist and Shout was soooo good. And Bruce won the wet tee shirt contest hands down.

• Advertisement

Manchester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bruce bless you - you made one little girl very, very happy. THE PROMISE!!!!!!!!! Thankfully we didn't encounter any of the queue drama. Got our wristbands at 3.30 and came back 7ish and got right up top of the pit no problems. Some of our friends stayed there all day and we were up beside them in the end. Twist and Shout was soooo good. And Bruce won the wet tee shirt contest hands down.

Advertisement