Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I swear some people go these events just so they can have an oul whine and talk to Joe.

I had a great time myself. Was in the pit, had a few drinks, sound was great and Bruce was brilliant. Cracking day all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Eventually someone with bigger balls than the rest of us shouted sit down you f**king gorilla, and lo and behold he complied. That got a laugh.

No need for the name calling :O

It would have been funnier if the "gorilla" asked whatever clown shouted abuse at him to say it to his face

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Well I think people were just exasperated at not being able to see past him, his partner/wife had asked him a couple of times over the course of 30-40 mins to sit down and he wouldn't, she had turned round and apologised a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

Tsipras wrote: »

It would have been funnier if the "gorilla" asked whatever clown shouted abuse at him to say it to his face

So clown is acceptable, and gorilla is not. :confused:

This standing up in the stand s**** goes on at soccer matches here and across the water. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

I see he sold 154,000 tickets grossing just under $19M over the two nights, almost as much as the previous 4 stadium gigs in Europe combined. Very impressive figures. I would say Friday was more packed than Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Two of my favourite songs which weren't played in Dublin either night but both get played in Glasgow tonight haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Pinkman wrote: »
    I see he sold 154,000 tickets grossing just under $19M over the two nights, almost as much as the previous 4 stadium gigs in Europe combined. Very impressive figures. I would say Friday was more packed than Sunday.

Where did you see that total mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

paulie21 wrote: »
    Two of my favourite songs which weren't played in Dublin either night but both get played in Glasgow tonight haha

Rosie & Sandy?

Pinkman wrote: »

Not surprised as Friday went on sale originally and pit was seemingly more packed due to people being moved after they had complained about the sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Did anybody buy the bomber jacket that was for sale there? I was going to but the merch stand when i was going out didn't have one and I couldn't get back into one that did so have to buy online, just wondering what the sizes were like?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

CiaranK wrote: »
    Did anybody buy the bomber jacket that was for sale there? I was going to but the merch stand when i was going out didn't have one and I couldn't get back into one that did so have to buy online, just wondering what the sizes were like?

Is that the one. http://brucespringsteen.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=BSPWEBWWEUR&sku=BSP67318

BSP67318.jpg

BSP67318-1.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

The very one! Just unsure about the american sizes. Assuming a large be the same as a large here. Also its interesting that its €30 cheaper on the website than it was at the show

• Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

dixiefly wrote:
    Rosie & Sandy?

American Skin and Lonesome Day

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

dixiefly wrote: »

Downloading as soon as I get home from work..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Downloading as soon as I get home from work..

Let us know the quality ..

another thing, I see the european concerts will be available too - but will it be bootleg quality ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Newstalk talking about Garth Brooks coming back to croke park - because of the success of the Springsteen gigs :confused::confused::confused:

Also Garth is really competitive with Springsteen ??

What ?

why are these guys even being compared ?

Newstalk talking about Garth Brooks coming back to croke park - because of the success of the Springsteen gigs :confused::confused::confused:

Also Garth is really competitive with Springsteen ??

What ?

why are these guys even being compared ?

I suppose we should define "success". Success in the commercial sense - Yes, success in the artistc sense - yes as they were great gigs. But success in the fans experience sense - very much mixed result with many people having an unhappy experience regarding the sound.

There are very few artists that I would go back to a gig in Croke Park for - and I would need pitch tickets.

another thing, I see the european concerts will be available too - but will it be bootleg quality ?
    I downloaded & listened to a couple of songs & it seems very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

anyone who uses the phrase "say it to my face" is declaring themselves as an openly aggressive cunt looking for a physical fight, making themselves out to be far worse than any word they could have been called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Anyone know/have is there a bootleg of the Thomond Park gig from a couple of years ago? Would love to hear it back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

I'd kill to get my hands on a quality copy of Thunder Road from Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

You can pre order it here

The Nal wrote: »
    You can pre order it here

I said I'd kill for it. I didn't say I'd pay for it, sheesh.

But seriously, thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

dixiefly wrote: »
    I downloaded & listened to a couple of songs & it seems very good.

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but, yes, it sounds very good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Been following this thread for a few days now. Many of you seem to have had a bad experience at the Weekend gigs. I have to say that I saw no real drunk people around us up on the '45 as they say in football.

As for fans not paying attention, you will get that when less fanatical fans go to a three hour gig.... They will be less attanetive than you. Don't give out about these people as some of them will become die hard fans after going to the very same concert that people are criticising them for.

The overall crowd adds to the atmosphere, not all of them are Bruce fanatics and some of them rarely get a day out.... Give it a break with the big generalisations about "hat wearing country folk".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Now, listen here Garth. I'm happy enough for you to come back. Not that pushed either way, but whatever, go for it.

But don't - and I mean DON'T - let me catch either you or anyone else putting you in the same conversation as Bruce. I don't care. Stop it right now.

I swear to Jesus...

Nice video version of it here, but I'd really like better audio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

rubadub wrote: »

anyone who uses the phrase "say it to my face" is declaring themselves as an openly aggressive cunt looking for a physical fight, making themselves out to be far worse than any word they could have been called.
    Oh yeah? Do want to say that to my face?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

pre ordered the mp3 of the first Dublin show

when will i be able to download them does anyone know ???

Advertisement