Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Sun is shining, I got The Boss blaring. Life is good.

For my money Rosalita is maybe my favourite, certainly up there. Such a tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

PTH2009 wrote: »
    pre ordered the mp3 of the first Dublin show

when will i be able to download them does anyone know ???

Could be about a month. Took around that for the Brooklyn show to come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Sun is shining, I got The Boss blaring. Life is good.

For my money Rosalita is maybe my favourite, certainly up there. Such a tune.

Rosalita on Sunday afternoons on MTUSA!!!
    The sheer brilliance and chaos of that clip.Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

PTH2009 wrote: »
    pre ordered the mp3 of the first Dublin show

when will i be able to download them does anyone know ???

Some info regarding European releases here:

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/
    Stay tuned for The River Europe Tour! CDs and downloads of the first few weeks of this tour will be released once per week every Wednesday starting with Barcelona on June 15. The next part of the Europe leg, starting with The Hague, will be released starting in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The Boss had some fish and chips anyway.

pbs.twimg.com/media/CjpDf_wWEAAdTxg.jpg

Looks like the floodlights coming on were indeed part of the show as many had suggested, as they were on during last night's encore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Some info regarding European releases here:

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/
    The downloads (audio) are fine but ultimately I want the video.

There is a guy in Camden Town market in London selling a range of bootleg DVD's. Maybe they are also available on the web. Last year I bought a triple DVD of pro-shot highlights of the Wrecking Ball tour. It is brilliant imho.

I don't know how the person making it got the pro shot feeds but I will be on the lookout for the same for this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

A lot of complaints about the sound in Wembley last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

muddypaws wrote: »

thats the same issue with the Aviva. IIRC, when the new wembley was built, they put bulletproof glass on the windows of the corporate boxes, and when Landsdowne was rebuilt they followed suit.

which leads to massive reverb and sound bouncing moreso than the majority of places. something to do with density of bulletproof glass makes the sound bounce 10 times as much as normal or something to that effect anyway.

whether the boxes in croker are bulletproof - that i dont know.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

muddypaws wrote: »

Yeah, it was pretty poor alright. The mics were particularly problematic, lots of echo. Been to a few gigs in Wembley and that was the worst for sound.

Gig in general was good though, great weather for it and a typically great performance from Brucie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

jossnjuice wrote: »
    thats the same issue with the Aviva. IIRC, when the new wembley was built, they put bulletproof glass on the windows of the corporate boxes, and when Landsdowne was rebuilt they followed suit.

which leads to massive reverb and sound bouncing moreso than the majority of places. something to do with density of bulletproof glass makes the sound bounce 10 times as much as normal or something to that effect anyway.

whether the boxes in croker are bulletproof - that i dont know.

From some of the comments I've seen there were also complaints in Coventry and Glasgow, so may not be the venues, but rather the band's equipment and/or mix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Some setlist at wembley ... wow ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Nice video version of it here, but I'd really like better audio.

That's from the 2nd night yeah ?

Funny I have a different memory of it -at the end I remember him pausing and getting emotional and then saying "We'll be seeing ya!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 elastics

I saw he performed "Tougher then the rest" with Patti Scalfa on the Friday, was she there on the Sunday night? I don't remember seeing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

elastics wrote: »
    I saw he performed "Tougher then the rest" with Patti Scalfa on the Friday, was she there on the Sunday night? I don't remember seeing her.

No she was sick. Hence the trip to Vincents on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

jossnjuice wrote: »

AC/DC sounded cool enough. Maybe it's a positional thing.

Aiken I don't think has ever promoted a gig in Aviva and so we may never see Springsteen there anyway for that reason alone. Which is a shame.

Punchestown is another place I think can sound quite good. Croker I'm not a fan of anyway.

Can't wait for the solo album now. If he tours it The Point again would be special.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dublin shows due to be released next Wed's (13th July) on the Bruce Springsteen live website

amazing sound quality on the Dublin shows

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I can only see the link for pre ordering all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I can only see the link for pre ordering all of them?

live.brucespringsteen.net

click on either show from latest list and decide your format.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Great sound so far on MP3 (Fri). Ordered CD as as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Fuuuuuuuck

Springsteen put up the highest grossing tour of the first half of 2016, the artist is also responsible for the single biggest Boxscore so far this year, with the May 27 and 29 shows at Dublin’s Croke Park taking in $19,228,100 from 160,188 attendance for two sellouts. The shows sold out “instantly,” according to Peter Aiken, whose Aiken Promotions has been Springsteen’s promoter in Ireland since 1985. “The Irish people really love him, and it’s just building and building,” Aiken says. “Bruce never phones it in, his shows are 100 percent every time.”

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7445741/bruce-springsteen-manager-jon-landau-the-river-tour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

He's due in town this week with the daughter riding at the Horse Show. Might be worth a pint in the Long Hall ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

david75 wrote: »
    Fuuuuuuuck

Springsteen put up the highest grossing tour of the first half of 2016, the artist is also responsible for the single biggest Boxscore so far this year, with the May 27 and 29 shows at Dublin’s Croke Park taking in $19,228,100 from 160,188 attendance for two sellouts. The shows sold out “instantly,” according to Peter Aiken, whose Aiken Promotions has been Springsteen’s promoter in Ireland since 1985. “The Irish people really love him, and it’s just building and building,” Aiken says. “Bruce never phones it in, his shows are 100 percent every time.”

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7445741/bruce-springsteen-manager-jon-landau-the-river-tour

Brooks, take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

He's due in town this week with the daughter riding at the Horse Show. Might be worth a pint in the Long Hall ....

He could be in The Academy tonight, Jon Bon Jovi is playing, get the two New Jersey guys up on stage for a few songs!!! Mad price for that gig though :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

you sure bon jovi is in the academy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

david75 wrote: »
    you sure bon jovi is in the academy?

Yep, Jon Bon Jovi sure is, expunge at the prices :

https://m.runawaytours.com/store/index.php?l=product_list&c=9

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

Yeah, he is alright. Heard Bobby Kerr & Shane Coleman on about it this morning. 550 people? Or at least that's what Academy's supposed to hold. €1,300 per ticket (all info courtesy of the two aforementioned - I haven't verified any of it otherwise!).

• Advertisement

muggles wrote: »
    Yeah, he is alright. Heard Bobby Kerr & Shane Coleman on about it this morning. 550 people? Or at least that's what Academy's supposed to hold. €1,300 per ticket (all info courtesy of the two aforementioned - I haven't verified any of it otherwise!).

€1300 per ticket

How does Jon sleep at night charging people those prices

Advertisement