Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

PTH2009 wrote: »
    €1300 per ticket

How does Jon sleep at night charging people those prices

Does that include travel from the US and accomodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Does that include travel from the US and accomodation?

No its the non hotel package

You can get hotel/ticket packages but they don't include flights to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Well the European tour ended in Zurich this evening.

Very nice setlist:

START: 18:55

Prove it All Night
    My Love Will Not Let You Down
    Ties That Bind
    Sherry Darling
    Trapped
    Spirit in the Night
    None But The Brave (Tour Premiere)
    Roll of The Dice (Tour Premiere)
    Hungry Heart
    Out in the Street
    Jole Blon
    Atlantic City
    The River
    Murder Inc.
    American Skin (41 Shots)
    The Promised Land
    Mary's Place
    Waitin' On A Sunny Day
    Because The Night
    The Rising
    Badlands
    Jungleland
    Born in the USA
    Born to Run
    Ramrod
    Dancing in the Dark
    Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
    Shout
    Bobby Jean
    Twist and Shout
    END: 22:25

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

next time we may see Bruce in Europe is to support his next record (solo and a country record i heard)

An acoustic show in the 3arena would be unreal and will sell in a flash. Olympia would be a good option too but way to small

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    next time we may see Bruce in Europe is to support his next record (solo and a country record i heard)

An acoustic show in the 3arena would be unreal and will sell in a flash. Olympia would be a good option too but way to small

Awh stop to see him in the Olympia would be just unreal . If he does tour it would def be the 3Arena

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Next album is solo but not acoustic, according to Jon Landau:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7445741/bruce-springsteen-manager-jon-landau-the-river-tour

Not sure I read "country" into that necessarily but sounds interesting all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Wooderson

First night in Croker was the largest attendance and one of the best shows of this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Wooderson wrote: »
    First night in Croker was the largest attendance and one of the best shows of this tour.

I was in the stand for that one and in the pit close to front for the second. No comparison in the experience.

Croker seemingly eclipsed all other gigs for revenue but a lot of that was on the backs of people in the stands that experiences a sh!te sound. Not a good way to maximise revenue.

Lets hope that if there is another ESB tour in Dublin that it returns to the RDS.

dixiefly wrote: »
    I was in the stand for that one and in the pit close to front for the second. No comparison in the experience.

Croker seemingly eclipsed all other gigs for revenue but a lot of that was on the backs of people in the stands that experiences a sh!te sound. Not a good way to maximise revenue.

Lets hope that if there is another ESB tour in Dublin that it returns to the RDS.

Was in the pit for both nights. People who think Croker will ever have good sound in every seat in the stands are kinda missing the point.

First night one of the finest setlists he's played here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So this arrived in the post on Tuesday......... I've heard bad things about the NJ crowd but I honestly don't care. This is gonna be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

hynesie08 wrote: »
    So this arrived in the post on Tuesday......... I've heard bad things about the NJ crowd but I honestly don't care. This is gonna be awesome.
    Out of curiosity, what bad things?

Goreme wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what bad things?

Just that they're super entitled Bruce fans, the kind who'll tut and roll their eyes because he plays born to run instead of a super obscure b side, and who talk through the gig about previous Bruce gigs. Again, nothing that'll ruin it for me, but can see why it'd annoy people.

Just that they're super entitled Bruce fans, the kind who'll tut and roll their eyes because he plays born to run instead of a super obscure b side, and who talk through the gig about previous Bruce gigs. Again, nothing that'll ruin it for me, but can see why it'd annoy people.

That's most Springsteen fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Wooderson wrote: »

That's most Springsteen fans.
    Ah, I donno about that... I regard myself as a big fan, bootlegs, etc., all official recordings, know nearly every one of his songs, but I accept the way he structures concerts to also accomodate the casual fan (like having the final 7 songs from every concert identical). The way I see it, I'm hearing 30+ songs these days, if 12 are to keep the day trippers happy, I am getting 18 great ones, and he rotates those 18 all the time. Most bands have a fixed set of 18 songs which are played ad nauseum on the entire world tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

Did someone mention obscure;)

My jesus, Tuesday night was special. 3hr 56m of pure magic, opening with nyc serenade and closing with jersey girl. Just after jungleland I was drafting my resignation so I could stay for an extra week and see nights 2 and 3......

Back to reality now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

My jesus, Tuesday night was special. 3hr 56m of pure magic, opening with nyc serenade and closing with jersey girl. Just after jungleland I was drafting my resignation so I could stay for an extra week and see nights 2 and 3......

Back to reality now though.

Was Frank good, too? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Great article/interview in Vanity Fair.

Very sad too to see him struggling badly with depression up to a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

adrian522 wrote: »

The "Bruce" Biography from a couple of years back is a great read so am looking forward to this, even if it covers the same ground, better to get it from the horses mouth

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bruce-Peter-Ames-Carlin/dp/1471112330

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

The Nal wrote: »
    Great article/interview in Vanity Fair.

Very sad too to see him struggling badly with depression up to a couple of years ago.

David Kamp is on Tom Dunne later tonight

http://www.newstalk.com/Tonight-on-the-Tom-Dunne-Show-29936

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

14324462_10154316965915250_1251016555035346432_o.jpg

Tits. Seems the solo album/tour is being put on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

14324462_10154316965915250_1251016555035346432_o.jpg

Have you seen the ticket prices ?
    Frankly ,they are obscene

172 euro plus fees for standing ,206 euro plus fees for premium seating.
    Its 70 euro plus fees for the nose bleeds.

So much for the working man ..

Absolutely insane ticket prices yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Two pieces about the book, interviews on CBS and Channel 7 Australia

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/a/32637282/bruce-springsteen-youre-picked-on-beat-up-cast-out/#page1

Sorry CBS one seems to have disappeared on me :(
    Oz one is better anyway

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Some lucky people get to meet Bruce, get their picture taken with him and get a copy of the book for £22. Anyone free next Monday?

http://events.waterstones.com/springsteen/

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Some lucky people get to meet Bruce, get their picture taken with him and get a copy of the book for £22. Anyone free next Monday?

http://events.waterstones.com/springsteen/

I got a ticket! Now to book flights, accommodation and two days off work :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

AnnaSophia wrote: »
    I got a ticket! Now to book flights, accommodation and two days off work :D

I'm still processing Bruce Springsteen telling me I was lovely *heart eyes*
    Truly one of the best experiences I've ever had. So worth it!

Advertisement