Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

AnnaSophia wrote: »
    I'm still processing Bruce Springsteen telling me I was lovely *heart eyes*
    Truly one of the best experiences I've ever had. So worth it!

:)

How long did you speak to him for?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

The Nal wrote: »
    :)

How long did you speak to him for?

It was literally only about 30 seconds to a minute, but just getting to shake his hand and say thank you was worth it! I saw something saying there were 600 tickets sold, so I got there about 2.45 and was out by 5.45, very well organised. Still haven't come back down to earth 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 86,608 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/bruce-springsteen-joins-ryan-tubridy-this-friday-as-the-late-late-show-leaves-the-country-for-the-first-time-in-almost-30-years-35185340.html

Bruce Springsteen joins Ryan Tubridy this Friday as The Late Late Show leaves the country for the first time in almost 30 years, The Late Late Show is making a small detour to London for a very special guest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Decent recording of acoustic version of Thunder Road from last night's gig - with the added bonus of it being not a Bruce audience, so they aren't drowning out every word!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

not tour related but theres an upcoming Doc coming up about Bruce titled 'Bruce Springsteen In His Own Words'

https://www.facebook.com/HBOCanada/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Jeezo this is a bit of a zombie thread now at five and a half years old.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

PTH2009 wrote: »
    not tour related but theres an upcoming Doc coming up about Bruce titled 'Bruce Springsteen In His Own Words'

https://www.facebook.com/HBOCanada/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

Was on Channel 4 6 months ago.

Was on Channel 4 6 months ago.

Never heard of it being aired on c4 but hopefully I'll pick up a copy of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's really good, well worth a look. It's just highlights from the book with interviews and footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Bruce Springsteen Live is offering 50% off live downloads and 25% off Live cd's for this weekend.....

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/default.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

laros wrote: »
    Bruce Springsteen Live is offering 50% off live downloads and 25% off Live cd's for this weekend.....

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/default.aspx

Got Agora, didn't realise it was on the list. I've had the radio broadcast for years but this is perfect.

I wonder when the next time we will see Bruce visit our shores ???

looks like he is taking the rest of 2017 and dont think he will do an extensive tour in 2018 but you never know ??

2019 will mark the 35th Anniversary of BITU and bruce will be 69 then. Its possible they may do a final ESB world tour to celebrate the anniversary and then call it a day in 2020. Its hard too knw how long Bruce will keep going, hes not a long guy and when the grankids come along he might decide hes done enough and retire

Please please please Aiken dont get the idea of bringing Bruce back to Slane Castle when he tours next

in fairness the man owes his fans nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Id say he will release his new solo album before the end of the year. He said in interviews when promoting the book last year that he has had the album finished for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder when the next time we will see Bruce visit our shores ???

looks like he is taking the rest of 2017 and dont think he will do an extensive tour in 2018 but you never know ??

2019 will mark the 35th Anniversary of BITU and bruce will be 69 then. Its possible they may do a final ESB world tour to celebrate the anniversary and then call it a day in 2020. Its hard too knw how long Bruce will keep going, hes not a long guy and when the grankids come along he might decide hes done enough and retire

Please please please Aiken dont get the idea of bringing Bruce back to Slane Castle when he tours next

in fairness the man owes his fans nothing
    Agree with you there, no Slane (he doesn't have good memories of it crowd swaying wise, and Croke Park last year was so good to get into and out of as a comparison, for example).
    As for him finishing in 2020, Bruce will never stop playing live. He would want to keel over on the stage and fall off his perch that way rather than sit around and not play to people. I'd say they will definately do at least one more big ESB tour, and who knows, maybe more after that. But Bruce will be playing live for years to come (maybe when he hits his mid 70s he will want to play shorter sets/smaller gigs etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

And so it begins again....

http://nypost.com/2017/06/16/bruce-springsteen-heads-to-broadway-this-fall/

Tickets will be like hens teeth though.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

dixiefly wrote: »
    And so it begins again....

http://nypost.com/2017/06/16/bruce-springsteen-heads-to-broadway-this-fall/

Tickets will be like hens teeth though.

Everything in that could be 100% correct, but I personally hate reading articles where it's full of quotes from "sources" or "insiders".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Michael Riedel is the source. He's the chief theater critic for The NY Post so it's probably reliable. It's the same report being re-hashed everywhere however.
    There's a secondary suggestion that he'll be playing in Wildwood NJ in August but not sure where that cam from.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Michael Riedel is the source. He's the chief theater critic for The NY Post so it's probably reliable. It's the same report being re-hashed everywhere however.
    There's a secondary suggestion that he'll be playing in Wildwood NJ in August but not sure where that cam from.

Rolling Stone are reporting it now as well: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bruce-springsteen-plans-intimate-broadway-residency-w488366

• Advertisement

I say there creaming themselves over on Backstreets lol

It going to be interesting, will change the setlists much, will he do rare songs, fully acoustic or with the band ???. Be cool if it's a success and he tours the world with it. I imagine the tickets will be pretty expensive

Imagine seeing him play the 3arena or the Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭steokeogh

Tickets 75$-850$. be interesting to see what the spread of prices is like.

Pictures of the theatre look very bord gais like just smaller so the cheaper tickets might not be that bad.

steokeogh wrote: »
    Tickets 75$-850$. be interesting to see what the spread of prices is like.

Pictures of the theatre look very bord gais like just smaller so the cheaper tickets might not be that bad.

$850 ouch (works out just about €723)

I would not pay that but people are defending that price on Backstreets.

You won't be allowed use it phone to get a pic/video etc. Bruce wants to share his life story in the intimate setting and get close to everyone

http://brucespringsteen.net/broadway/

http://www.broadwayworld.com/seatingchart/Walter-Kerr-Theatre

Standard Broadway prices.

"In addition to his music, the show will feature Mr. Springsteen, 67, reading excerpts from his 2016 autobiography, “Born to Run,” and performing other spoken reminiscences written for the show".

Just no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Standard Broadway prices.

"In addition to his music, the show will feature Mr. Springsteen, 67, reading excerpts from his 2016 autobiography, “Born to Run,” and performing other spoken reminiscences written for the show".

Just no.

I'm sure he'll be gutted you feel that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Guys, spoke to Bruce's people last night, this won't be touring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

Wheety wrote: »
    I'm sure he'll be gutted you feel that way.

He'll be gutted that a lot of people feel that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Applied for this, tickets will go in a heartbeat. As someone else said, fairly standard big Broadway pricing. I think Walter Kerr is the second smallest theatre on Broadway so there'll only be 35,000ish tickets. Once in a lifetime opportunity to see something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

I am actually in New York for a few days coming back the 4th of Oct, would love to get tickets for the 3rd but its going to be neigh on impossible i'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

mattser wrote: »
    He'll be gutted that a lot of people feel that way.

Less than 39k in total? He sells out venues double that constantly.

It'll be a sell out and tickets will be like gold dust.

Advertisement