Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Setlist from Isle of Wight

Badlands'
    'No Surrender'
    'We Take Care Of Our Own'
    'Wrecking Ball'
    'Death To My Hometown'
    'My City Of Ruins'
    'Spirit In The Night'
    'Lonesome Day'
    'Jack Of All Trades'
    'Atlantic City'
    'Because The Night'
    'Working On The Highway'
    'Shackled And Drawn'
    'Waiting On A Sunny Day'
    'The River'
    'The Rising'
    'Out In The Street'
    'Land Of Hope And Dreams'
    'We Are Alive'
    'Born In The USA'
    'Born To Run'
    'Glory Days'
    'Dancing In The Dark'
    'Tenth Avenue Freeze

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

He did Twist and Shout as the last song. Was on Sky Arts Last night. 3 of the new tunes and Twist and Shout. Came across all nice and cheesy when taken out of context like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

For those without sky arts and missed it last night (Like me) Here is the first 2 songs shown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYR7oQYvBiU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

The Nal wrote: »
    He did Twist and Shout as the last song. Was on Sky Arts Last night. 3 of the new tunes and Twist and Shout. Came across all nice and cheesy when taken out of context like that.

Yes song choice was appalling. Wonder if Bruce Inc. chose them? Spirit in the Night would have been perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Roqueandrolle.

Excitement for this is building! Can't wait for the second night; hoping for Prove It All Night (+'78) and Racing In The Street, eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Yes song choice was appalling. Wonder if Bruce Inc. chose them? Spirit in the Night would have been perfect.

Bruce Inc. chose them alright yeah. Sky Arts released a statement saying as much. What songs and what time they can show them at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Hey guys, so with just over 2 weeks to the gig, was wondering how early you'd need to be there to get into the pit?
    also from people who've attended before do both ques get it passes? or is there a special place to line up for the pit? I ask as this is my first Springsteen gig and my ticket is for the Merrion road entrance..

Thanks guys :)

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Hey guys, so with just over 2 weeks to the gig, was wondering how early you'd need to be there to get into the pit?
    also from people who've attended before do both ques get it passes? or is there a special place to line up for the pit? I ask as this is my first Springsteen gig and my ticket is for the Merrion road entrance..

I know there are 3 ques,

I didn't get the pit in '09 unfortunately, qued since about 4:00, thought I would. To this day I don't know if I was just a bit too late, or if the que I was in didn't do pit passes.

CiaranK wrote: »
    I know there are 3 ques,

I didn't get the pit in '09 unfortunately, qued since about 4:00, thought I would. To this day I don't know if I was just a bit too late, or if the que I was in didn't do pit passes.

you were in the wrong queue C - there's only one, at Simmonscourt. Saw your post @ GL as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

you were in the wrong queue C - there's only one, at Simmonscourt. Saw your post @ GL as well.

so does that mean if your ticket isn't for simmonscourt you can't get a pit pass? :/

Ah nice one. I'll be sure to get it this time! Thanks :)

so does that mean if your ticket isn't for simmonscourt you can't get a pit pass? :/

No, they don't mind/check. Or didn't in the past anyway.

Hey there! This'll be my second Bruce gig, and in '09 I got there at 10 am and literally just scraped into the pit. Luckily, loads of pit goers had gone to buy drinks so it was fairly empty and I got right up to the front. I guess what I'm saying is, you gotta be early! And it's a long day, but a fun one, especially when you get to hear the sound check!

cue weepy memory of hearing 41 shots..

Hey there! This'll be my second Bruce gig, and in '09 I got there at 10 am and literally just scraped into the pit. Luckily, loads of pit goers had gone to buy drinks so it was fairly empty and I got right up to the front. I guess what I'm saying is, you gotta be early! And it's a long day, but a fun one, especially when you get to hear the sound check!

cue weepy memory of hearing 41 shots..

I think it will be a bit different this time because 09 was on a weekend and this time it is a Tues/Wed the pit may be easier to get. Well I hope so anyway :P

Really looking forward to this now I must admit :)

I think it will be a bit different this time because 09 was on a weekend and this time it is a Wed/Thurs the pit may be easier to get. Well I hope so anyway :P

Really looking forward to this now I must admit :)

I have to say I didn't even think of it being a Wednesday! Fair point! Well, there's a lot of people discussing times to get to the pit over on the Greasy Lake forums, and a lot of them are far more versed in Springsteen gigs than I am!

16 days!

I have to say I didn't even think of it being a Wednesday! Fair point! Well, there's a lot of people discussing times to get to the pit over on the Greasy Lake forums, and a lot of them are far more versed in Springsteen gigs than I am!

16 days!

I'm hoping to get there at 2:30ish. Hoping to get a decent spot then.

I'm hoping to get there at 2:30ish. Hoping to get a decent spot then.

Fingers crossed! :D

Anyone bringing signs this time?

I have to say I thought it was a bit excessive that last time, hundreds of signs being waved as soon as Bruce moved down to the crowd

EDIT: I actually brought one myself the last time, didn't think there would've been as many as there was

Anyone bringing signs this time?

I have to say I thought it was a bit excessive that last time, hundreds of signs being waved as soon as Bruce moved down to the crowd

EDIT: I actually brought one myself the last time, didn't think there would've been as many as there was

Tempted, I'm not gonna lie. And there's a massive piece of cardboard in my house which arrived this morning with an Amazon delivery... Might ask for a dance with Stevie ;)

• Advertisement

Tempted, I'm not gonna lie. And there's a massive piece of cardboard in my house which arrived this morning with an Amazon delivery... Might ask for a dance with Stevie ;)

Haha, I'm also tempted too. I'd love to hear Racing, and on course Incident. Talk to Me sounds great too. I really don't know. I'll have a think about it

Also Steve is doing his Radio show from Tower Records in the 16th from 7:00-9:00, last time was great. Jammers though :D

Sorry for going a bit mad posting on the thread but would anyone care to show me where abouts on this map the Que will be for the pit?

211313.jpg

I was tempted to bring one for Racing, but I'm hoping we'll get it at Dublin 2 because Dublin 1 got it in '09, haha. Wishful thinking, I know..

Tower on Wicklow St? How did I not hear about that? I'll be there front and centre!

And I assume like the last time it'll be up along the Simmonscourt Road, although the Dublin thread on Greasy Lake is confusing me a fair bit, not quite certain of the whole situation to be honest.

It was just announced by Hotpress on Friday. I'm glad it's not on the same day as the gigs like last time.

I hope the night 2 rule comes into effect.

I have a good feeling that Dublin 2 could be a new record for gig length, My guess is between 3hrs 30-hrs 50 minutes. Could he pull off a 4 hour gig :O Is that just too much wishful thinking? Haha

It was just announced by Hotpress on Friday. I'm glad it's not on the same day as the gigs like last time.

I hope the night 2 rule comes into effect.

I have a good feeling that Dublin 2 could be a new record for gig length, My guess is between 3hrs 30-hrs 50 minutes. Could he pull off a 4 hour gig :O Is that just too much wishful thinking? Haha

I was thinking that too! I mean, you never know, it's Dublin 2, anything could happen! I know Manc was meant to be a special night even with the security disaster... but, well, I'm hoping that it'll be the show of the tour :)

I was thinking that too! I mean, you never know, it's Dublin 2, anything could happen! I know Manc was meant to be a special night even with the security disaster... but, well, I'm hoping that it'll be the show of the tour :)

Here's to hoping anyway :)

I wonder if any shows have been/are being filmed for a release?

I haven't heard anything, but here's hoping - there have been some really great bootlegs from Europe already, so no reason for Bruce Inc. not to!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=414233815282573&set=a.131184093587548.11936.121634337875857&type=1&theater

Tower will be a wristband event. My 10" Gotta Get That Feelin' or my Darkness Boxset will look lovely signed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I know Manc was meant to be a special night even with the security disaster... but, well, I'm hoping that it'll be the show of the tour :)

What security disaster?

Advertisement