Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

I'm over there for the NY marathon around then.
    Be rude not to try and get a ticket anyway. Anyone know why I can't login with my Ticketmaster details? Do I need a separate US Ticketmaster acc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Nialler73 wrote: »
    I'm over there for the NY marathon around then.
    Be rude not to try and get a ticket anyway. Anyone know why I can't login with my Ticketmaster details? Do I need a separate US Ticketmaster acc?

Yeah, you need a .com account.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

Balls... you wouldn't stand a chance then if they are basing it on your tmaster history...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wheety wrote: »
    I'm sure he'll be gutted you feel that way.

He doesn't know me and I doubt he reads Boards.ie which means its unlikely that he has seen what I wrote so your post is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭steokeogh

Has anybody gotten a verified code yet? Meant to be sent at some point today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

steokeogh wrote: »
    Has anybody gotten a verified code yet? Meant to be sent at some point today

I think it's tomorrow - 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭steokeogh

nialldinho wrote: »
    I think it's tomorrow - 30th

The website says Verified fans will be notified 29th so just checking if anybody has gotten one

steokeogh wrote: »
    The website says Verified fans will be notified 29th so just checking if anybody has gotten one

Mark Your Calendar
    If verified and randomly selected to receive an Onsale Offer Code, you’ll receive a text on Wednesday, August 30 – prior to the Onsale at 10AM ET. Your text will include your purchase link and unique offer code to unlock access to tickets. Keep your phone handy – notifications will arrive 2-4 hours before tickets go onsale. To allow as many fans as possible to enjoy Springsteen on Broadway, there is a strict two (2) ticket limit MAXIMUM per purchaser.

We know the suspense can be stressful, plan to hear from us again the evening of Tuesday, August 29 with updates and tips to prep for the #VerifiedFan Onsale.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

I got a message to say I was on the stand by list and would only get a code if someone else doesn't use theirs

mcgrailg wrote: »
    I got a message to say I was on the stand by list and would only get a code if someone else doesn't use theirs

Same here. Came through email at about 230

• Advertisement

Hes playing at the Invictus games on September 30th. Seems to be a warm up for this run, ie solo performance.

No talking hopefully.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

mcgrailg wrote: »

Im in the same boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I was on standby as well. Always a long shot that I would get one of the 39,000 tickets.

I was looking on some Bruce forums and people in the UK who got selected never got texted the code so they emailed TM asking where their text was and TM made the excuse that they must have entered the wrong number, complete BS. Looks like they could only text US based people. So if you were put on standby and you are based in Ireland, it was probably for the best as getting selected and waiting for a text that was never coming would have been a massive cock tease.

Sucks that we didn't even get a chance to compete for a ticket but i understand they were trying to limit scalpers but it doesnt really work:

People selling the presale code for $585, it doesn't even guarantee you a ticket!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/222628620237

StubHub instantly selling tickets from $1,700 to $6,000, such a joke https://www.stubhub.com/bruce-springsteen-tickets/performer/5984/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

More gigs to be announced later this day, going all the way to February. I cant see more than another 39,000 tickets being released and being disappointed again [Dumb and Dumber voice] but you're saying there is a chance? [/Dumb and Dumber voice]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

This won't be touring guys

My friend just got a code :) so gonna try for Feb tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

doubtful we will see him here next summer as i dont think the E Street Band will be touring in 2018 but ya never knw

• Registered Users Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

PTH2009 wrote: »
    doubtful we will see him here next summer as i dont think the E Street Band will be touring in 2018 but ya never knw

You're probably right, but will they all be too old by 2019 for an 'every big city in Europe over three months' tour? If I was touching 70, I'm not sure I'd be keen on that.

Shame alright, was hoping for a tour of some sort, solo, new material etc. Not a whole lot of interest in an ESB tour again unless theres a good new album. Croker #2 was flat as a pancake from mid set on.

Sounds like hes doing a sort of VH1 Storytellers on it this time, but reading bits from his book. Yay.

I'm fairness Bruce and the ESB owe the fans nothing and if they decide to call it a day and go there separate ways than we have too live with it

Hopefully we do get too see Bruce play here again either solo or the ESB

• Advertisement

My friend just got a code :) so gonna try for Feb tickets

Looks like it didnt work out :( Only the expensive tickets are left

I guess there too old to do a 35th BITU tour in 2019 ???

Thankfully I reached my Springsteen eutopia in Kilkenny (Night 1) in 2013 when they performed the whole BITU album back too back

I'd kill to see a 3arena Sprignsteen show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Is the code still available Furious one?

Yeah I got a code but the cheaper tickets were impossible to get. It went 75 then up to 200 and on from there.

Got offered 300 or 400 tickets on a couple of dates but couldn't justify it. After that it wasn't giving me anything at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

nialldinho wrote: »
    Yeah I got a code but the cheaper tickets were impossible to get. It went 75 then up to 200 and on from there.

Got offered 300 or 400 tickets on a couple of dates but couldn't justify it. After that it wasn't giving me anything at all!

BTX did a map, very few $75 tickets available.

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    BTX did a map, very few $75 tickets available.

Yeah I saw that so wasn't particularly hopeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

James Mangold or Martin Scorsese for Boss biopic, Which would you prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Renewed acquaintances with Macca last evening...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIKDbii1vZI

dixiefly wrote: »
    Renewed acquaintances with Macca last evening...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIKDbii1vZI

I was at Maccas Sunday show in MSG so missed Bruce unfortunately but Macca was incredible. 3 hour show and still (literally) bouncing around at the end.

Genuinely threw me how much energy he has at 75. And what a venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Macca needs to bring current tour back to Dubland.

Advertisement