Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    The intro to My Hometown is among the best things I've ever seen/heard. Pure poetry.

Maybe it was the whiskey, but I have no shame saying I cried during that....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Maybe it was the whiskey, but I have no shame saying I cried during that....

I welled up in the theatre at that point I have to admit. I only had two whiskeys in Hurley's beforehand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Were u at that Broadway show Dr Nick?

Were u at that Broadway show Dr Nick?

Yeah was there just after Easter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

New album called Western Stars out June 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

New album called Western Stars out June 14th

Finally!! Great news. Now tour that sucker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Some tipoffs from the booking agent taken from a fan page.

Western Sun Tour, just Bruce, Roy and Nils.

Greek Theatre Taormina - private press showcase concert - 9th October

Barcelona - Palau Sant Jordi - 12th-14th October

Milan - Mediolanum Forum - 17th - 19th October

Paris - Bercy - 22th - 24th October

London - O2 Arena - 26th - 28th October

Berlin - Velodrom - 30th October - 1st November

Stockolm - Friends Arena - 7th-9th November

Amsterdam - Ziggo Dome - 12th-14th October

Dublin - 3Arena - 23th -25th October

Some tipoffs from the booking agent taken from a fan page.

Western Sun Tour, just Bruce, Roy and Nils.

Greek Theatre Taormina - private press showcase concert - 9th October

Barcelona - Palau Sant Jordi - 12th-14th October

Milan - Mediolanum Forum - 17th - 19th October

Paris - Bercy - 22th - 24th October

London - O2 Arena - 26th - 28th October

Berlin - Velodrom - 30th October - 1st November

Stockolm - Friends Arena - 7th-9th November

Amsterdam - Ziggo Dome - 12th-14th October

I have a feeling we will be paying a min of 90 - 100 for tickets. Im guessing it will also be fully seated if its just the three of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,993 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Some tipoffs...

Bruce indoors would be awesome, I've only been to outdoor gigs :-)

(21st to 28th currently free in the 3arena)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Bruce indoors would be awesome, I've only been to outdoor gigs :-)

(21st to 28th currently free in the 3arena)

The Dublin dates are evidently a typo from the original source. The dates are listed in chronological order, so - if these are accurate - Dublin is the end of November, not October as stated. And yes, those same dates are free in the 3Arena for November too.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Great news ref the album and we can at least start thinking in terms of when a tour might happen.

I had come around to thinking of a 2020 tour so great news if true ref the tour.

http://brucespringsteen.net/

Bruce Springsteen’s first new studio album in five years takes his music to a new place, drawing inspiration in part from the Southern California pop records of the late ‘60s and early ‘70s. The album was recorded primarily at Springsteen’s home studio in New Jersey, with additional recording in California and New York. Columbia Records will release Springsteen’s 19th studio album on June 14. ‘Western Stars’ will be available for pre-order on Friday, April 26.

“This record is a return to my solo recordings featuring character driven songs and sweeping, cinematic orchestral arrangements," says Springsteen. "It's a jewel box of a record."

The 13 tracks of ‘Western Stars’ encompass a sweeping range of American themes, of highways and desert spaces, of isolation and community and the permanence of home and hope.

The song "Hello Sunshine" and a video will be released just after midnight ET tonight.

Ron Aniello produced the album with Springsteen and plays bass, keyboard, and other instruments. Patti Scialfa provides vocals and contributes vocal arrangements on four tracks. The musical arrangements include strings, horns, pedal steel and contributions from more than 20 other players including Jon Brion (who plays celeste, Moog, and farfisa), as well as guest appearances by David Sancious, Charlie Giordano, and Soozie Tyrell. The album was mixed by Tom Elmhirst.

‘Western Stars’ Song Titles
    1. Hitch Hikin’
    2. The Wayfarer
    3. Tucson Train
    4. Western Stars
    5. Sleepy Joe’s Café
    6. Drive Fast (The Stuntman)
    7. Chasin’ Wild Horses
    8. Sundown
    9. Somewhere North of Nashville
    10. Stones
    11. There Goes My Miracle
    12. Hello Sunshine
    13. Moonlight Motel

All songs written by Bruce Springsteen.

Bruce Springsteen’s recording career spans over 40 years, beginning with 1973's ‘Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ’ (Columbia Records). He has garnered 20 Grammys, won an Oscar and a Tony, been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, received a Kennedy Center Honor, and was MusiCares’ 2013 Person of the Year. Springsteen’s memoir ‘Born to Run’ (Simon & Schuster) and its companion album ‘Chapter and Verse’ were released in September 2016, and he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in November 2016. His historic 236-show run of ‘Springsteen on Broadway’ at Jujamcyn’s Walter Kerr Theatre from October 2017 to December 2018 also yielded an accompanying soundtrack album and Netflix special.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very good news indeed

Would this live tour be a bigger scale Broadway show with some new songs and maybe a few faster ones.

Tickets Will sell like hot cakes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Not much interest is seeing him live as the tickets will be some insane price and he never plays any of the songs that I like. I'll be giving the album a spin for sure though, sounds interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Cracking tune. A real grower...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Bruce is great.

Movie coming inspired by Bruce's music.

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpP9CH4GexQ

Bruce Springsteen Saban 5/4/19 Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul Summer of Sorcery Tour

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bruce is not playing any gigs here this year so not relevant to gigs and events.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Bruce is not playing any gigs here this year so not relevant to gigs and events.

He’s rumoured to be playing in November, so yes it is relevant.

Source?

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/rock/8510100/bruce-springsteen-martin-scorsese-netflix-tour

Bruce interview indicates an upcoming E Street band album and says that there will be a tour -now we have to figure out when.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

dixiefly wrote: »

Confirmed he won’t your with estreet, we knew that:)
    Rumors are of a short solo run

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Confirmed he won’t your with estreet, we knew that:)
    Rumors are of a short solo run

According to that interview he said he will tour with the band, he didn't say when.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder would he Croke Park again or go back too the RDS

Be nice if he done the nationwide tour again

Solo would prob be 3arena

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder would he Croke Park again or go back too the RDS

Be nice if he done the nationwide tour again

Solo would prob be 3arena

One of the gigs i always regretted not going to was the Tom Joad tour, where he played solo in the old Point, in 1996 in 2005, missed Devils & Dist solo(i think) in the point again due to holidays. But, saw two of the Seeger Sessions gigs, on each time they came to the point in May & November 2006.

Definitely 3Arena for this, and i’d guess 2 nights at least. Its not confirmed, but it’s more likely he will have musicians with him. Tom Joad & Devils & Dust. were suited to solo, from what i heard so far, this is a different album to that.

• Advertisement

http://www.blogitallnight.com/news-updates/brucespringsteeninterviewestreetbandwillrecordinfalltournextyear

So according to this interview Bruce will record an album with the E Street band in the autumn and tour next year 2020.

Advertisement