Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

What security disaster?

They were generally ignorant cnuts who thought they were stewarding a Manc derby. They also fcuked up the GA pit line.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

Anyone have any idea what time he will be on stage at?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Judging by recent shows it could be as early as 7:15, he has been playing nearly 4 hour shows as of late and the curfew is 11 in the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

CiaranK wrote: »
    Judging by recent shows it could be as early as 7:15, he has been playing nearly 4 hour shows as of late and the curfew is 11 in the RDS

Thanks CiaranK

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Roqueandrolle.

the curfew is 11 in the RDS

Ah but Bruce doesn't do curfews ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Ah but Bruce doesn't do curfews ;)

That is a fact! I remember after 09 he got a massive fine for both breaking the curfew and for noise pollution for playing louder that the agreed volume. Don't know what the problem was as he sounded just fine to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

Open to correction here but I THINK he has come on between 8.10 and 8.30 for every gig I've seen him at in Ireland over the past number of years. (most of them)

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I would've guessed around 8.10, but for a few gigs in a row it was like 7.15/7.30 and loads of folks missed the first batch of songs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I would've guessed around 8.10, but for a few gigs in a row it was like 7.15/7.30 and loads of folks missed the first batch of songs.

Yea my plan is hopefully be at the RDS by 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

On The Rising tour show in the RDS, he came on very early, shortly after seven or so and caught a lot of people napping....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

blastman wrote: »

On The Rising tour show in the RDS, he came on very early, shortly after seven or so and caught a lot of people napping....
    The ol Born in the USA instrumental....hope he plays it like hes been doing in europe

madalig12 wrote: »
    The ol Born in the USA instrumental....hope he plays it like hes been doing in europe

I liked the stage at the side.....won't happen anymore with the new stand of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

blastman wrote: »

Yeah, it was about 7:25 when he came on stage in the RDS in 2003.
    Served all the fair-weather fans right.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

Yeah, it was about 7:25 when he came on stage in the RDS in 2003.
    Served all the fair-weather fans right.

i remember that night there was people still coming into the ground at 8
    ticket said show starts at 7:30 and i think he hit the stage at 7:25 doing the tracks version of born in the usa...a fantastic night

Great set list in Paris tonight so far.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    I liked the stage at the side.....won't happen anymore with the new stand of course.

I think for a gig there a few years back they took out the middle part of the stand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15598715@N05/2601531405/in/photostream/

Mushy wrote: »
    I think for a gig there a few years back they took out the middle part of the stand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15598715@N05/2601531405/in/photostream/

Looks good, maybe the stand was only half finished at that time? Although I think all the seats were there for Bruce in May 08, if not the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Martin_ie2012

Got tickets for this back in Fevruary. Standing tickets for the 18th, my first ever Bruce gig, sooooo excited. Saw him at Galstonbury on tv a few years ago and vowed that i would definitely see him next time he came. Have been listening to a lot of his older stuff really hope he plays some stuff from the promise and darkness on the edge of town. Liking his new stuff too Magic was definitely his best album of the more recent stuff. Anyway super excited for 18th July :))))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Got tickets for this back in Fevruary. Standing tickets for the 18th, my first ever Bruce gig, sooooo excited. Saw him at Galstonbury on tv a few years ago and vowed that i would definitely see him next time he came. Have been listening to a lot of his older stuff really hope he plays some stuff from the promise and darkness on the edge of town. Liking his new stuff too Magic was definitely his best album of the more recent stuff. Anyway super excited for 18th July :))))

You're in for a real treat :D

He's tearing up Bercy tonight again. Y'know setlist spoilers are utterly pointless where Bruce is concerned:

1. The Ties that Bind
    2. No Surrender
    3. Two Hearts
    4. Downbound Train
    5. Candy's Room
    6. Something In The Night
    7. WTCOOO
    8. Wrecking Ball
    9. Death To My Hometown
    10.MCOR
    11.Spirit In The Night
    12. Incident on 57th
    13. Because the Night

• Advertisement

Bruce you crazy fcuker......

1. The Ties that Bind
    2. No Surrender
    3. Two Hearts
    4. Downbound Train
    5. Candy's Room
    7. We Take Care of Our Own
    8. Wrecking Ball
    9. Death To My Hometown
    10. My City of Ruins
    11. Spirit In The Night
    12. Incident on 57th Street
    13. Because The Night
    14. She's the One
    15. Working on the Highway
    16 I'm Goin' Down
    17. Easy Money
    18. Waitin' On a Sunny Day
    19. Apollo Medley
    20. FoR yOu (SoLo PiAnO)
    21. Racing In The Street
    22. The Rising
    23. Out In The Street
    24. Land of Hope & Dreams

25. We Are Alive
    26. Thunder Road
    27. Born To Run
    28. Glory Days
    29. Seven Nights to Rock
    30. Dancing In The Dark
    31. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Roqueandrolle.

1. The Ties that Bind
    2. No Surrender
    3. Two Hearts
    4. Downbound Train
    5. Candy's Room
    7. We Take Care of Our Own
    8. Wrecking Ball
    9. Death To My Hometown
    10. My City of Ruins
    11. Spirit In The Night
    12. Incident on 57th Street
    13. Because The Night
    14. She's the One
    15. Working on the Highway
    16 I'm Goin' Down

17. Easy Money
    18. Waitin' On a Sunny Day
    19. Apollo Medley
    20. FoR yOu (SoLo PiAnO)
    21. Racing In The Street
    22. The Rising
    23. Out In The Street
    24. Land of Hope & Dreams

25. We Are Alive
    26. Thunder Road
    27. Born To Run
    28. Glory Days
    29. Seven Nights to Rock
    30. Dancing In The Dark

I really quite like this setlist!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

So I reckon im right in presuming tis gonna be a 7pm sharp start in the RDS due to the current length of most gigs?? Either that or hes not going to break the curfew, hes going to destroy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

25. We Are Alive
    26. Thunder Road
    27. Born To Run
    28. Glory Days
    29. Seven Nights to Rock
    30. Dancing In The Dark
    What an amazing encore list - I'll be in heaven if he repeats this at the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Goin to both gigs so looking like im gonna hear 'working on the highway, im goin down' soooo stoked right now. Hope he does easy money one night an shackled and drawn the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

25. We Are Alive
    26. Thunder Road
    27. Born To Run
    28. Glory Days
    29. Seven Nights to Rock
    30. Dancing In The Dark

Man, the things I would do to that encore.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

That setlist is amazing. I'm going to both nights and am delighted it looks like he will be doing Born In The USA for one of them. Never thought i'd hear it live. Dublin 2 in particular is going to be truly epic. I hope the RDS curfew being 11 doesn't mean we won't get over 3 and a half hours on the second night like other cities like Paris and Madrid. The only bad thing about the setlist is the lack of my all time fave 'Jungleland'. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

madalig12 wrote: »
    Goin to both gigs
    Ah now that's just greedy (though I am working on the possibility of a freebie for a 2nd night meself).

SB-08 wrote: »
    The only bad thing about the setlist is the lack of my all time fave 'Jungleland'. :(

Not played since Clarence passed. Dublin would be a good place for a 'debut'....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Attended the Paris gig on Wednesday night - a truly magnificent experience. I have been hearing the feedback on last night topping it which I must admit must have taken some doing! The setlist was much more varied which was probably the biggest contribution as I genuinely dont think Bruce or the band could have brought it anymore than they did on Wednesday.

We are in for a treat in Dublin now and I gotta get my hands on tickets for the 2nd night. One thing I will say however is that indoor Arena shows are unbeatable. The atmosphere even in the stands is fantastic so hopefully the RDS is rocking.

Jake is carving out a great role for himself in the band and Clarence's passing has been well handled with the horn section which brings new life to some of the older songs, Spirit in the Night was wonderful. You would have to say that the reason for the shows extending to 3.30 is that it just wasnt possible on the previous tours given Clarence's health. Curfew in Dublin could put a dent in this - here's hoping not - Roll on Tuesday week!!

Advertisement