Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

madalig12 wrote: »
    Goin to both gigs
    Ah now that's just greedy (though I am working on the possibility of a freebie for a 2nd night meself).

Its not greed its just I cant miss any of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

My Hyde Park expectations are low given it's a festival, which might be a good thing - still can't wait though, will be there this time next week.
    My Dublin expectations however are high. Esp since Night 2 rule will apply on Wednesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Esp since Night 2 rule will apply on Wednesday!

Elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Looking forward to Hyde Park next weekend. Bruce in Dublin in '09 was amazing but had to queue from 9am each day to make sure to be in the first few rows of the pit. Amazing gigs but all the long queue was crazy and poorly organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

This is chancer-y stuff I know, but my GF won't be able to queue from early (job and whatnot), but if I queue with her ticket is there any chance I could wrangle 2 pit bands for us? Or will it be very strictly one per person?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

Anyone know what time roughly the concert will start at? I'll be coming straight from work. I have seating tickets but still worried i'll miss the start!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Daisy03 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time roughly the concert will start at? I'll be coming straight from work. I have seating tickets but still worried i'll miss the start!

Anytime between 7.00 and 8.30, it's hard to tell really, nothing is set in stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Did someone say before that you have to queue at one particular entrance to get into the pit?

My tickets says 'yellow route' Merrion Road - should I be ok??

Did someone say before that you have to queue at one particular entrance to get into the pit?

My tickets says 'yellow route' Merrion Road - should I be ok??

You'll be fine if other years are anything to go by.

nm wrote: »
    Elaborate?

Night two rule is well known in Bruce circles.....basically he realises that there are many, many multi-night fans so he changes the set drastically from night one to night two.

Take Paris this week, 15 different songs between Wed and Thurs. This is just one of the reasons why Bruce is different and the best there is......not many acts (any?) do this sort of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Night two rule is well known in Bruce circles.....basically he realises that there are many, many multi-night fans so he changes the set drastically from night one to night two.

Take Paris this week, 15 different songs between Wed and Thurs. This is just one of the reasons why Bruce is different and the best there is......not many acts (any?) do this sort of thing.

Pearl Jam also play a different set list every night. They even let a fan choose the set list for one of the recent Amsterdam gigs!

Can't wait for Bruce! Will be my first time seeing him so should be a treat.

Pearl Jam also play a different set list every night. They even let a fan choose the set list for one of the recent Amsterdam gigs!

Yes - They were in Manchester the two nights before Bruce and I read somewhere they changed the set completely. Excellent.

However, they are a bit more 'niche' than Bruce I suppose, there would be maybe 75% hardcore fans there?

Bruce realises there needs to be a balance, 25% hardcore probably, many who come for BITUSA/BTR/TR etc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ah crap now i wanna go to both nights :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yes - They were in Manchester the two nights before Bruce and I read somewhere they changed the set completely. Excellent.

However, they are a bit more 'niche' than Bruce I suppose, there would be maybe 75% hardcore fans there?

Bruce realises there needs to be a balance, 25% hardcore probably, many who come for BITUSA/BTR/TR etc.

I'd say it would be about the same sort of deal. Maybe moreso 50/50. Bruce would certainly atract more casual fans I'd say. And Bruce's sets are that bit longer. Still, both offer what you really want from the live experience. You can go see them almost literally every night and you'd see something new and not get bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

So the magic question.

What time do we need to start queuing to get into the pit?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

im hoping 3pm should make it completely safe due to it being a work day!!

So the magic question.

What time do we need to start queuing to get into the pit?

There'll be overnighters, most of which will be out-of-towners. For front row, think 7am.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

true, i meant for just a general pit band. last RDS gig, the pit held 5k plus.

jossnjuice wrote: »
    true, i meant for just a general pit band. last RDS gig, the pit held 5k plus.

In 08 I walked straight into the pit at 5ish on the Thursday, got about three rows back.
    That'll never happen again unfortunately.

5 levels:

1. Overnight nuts - will camp out and guaranteed front row
    2. Normal nuts - will arrive early am and get front row/second row
    3. Non-nut but massive fans - lunchtime, will get quite close
    4. Just below above - early PM - guaranteed pit
    5. 'Early' show arrivers - they think they're early but it's a Bruce show - 50/50 chance of getting in the pit, depends on all of the above.

Mid-week shows are hard to predict but categories one and two stay the same, especially as Dublin gets lots of UK nuts.

There WILL be an organised fan-run pit line with numbers being given out from the previous day, these numbers are written on your hand.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

If i showed up an hour or two before gates open... would that put me in category four or 5? Going night two and its my first Bruce gig...from what i read above i may dig well deep into the albums so :D

Mind you, i'd hate if i missed out on hearing badlands because he did it the night before.... i'd be sickened, not that i wont see him again regardless

• Advertisement

spiralism wrote: »
    If i showed up an hour or two before gates open... would that put me in category four or 5?

I'd say you'll be fine at that time, but with Bruce fans you never know.....

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

It is hard to know. We queued for hours in 08 and not as long in 09 as it was lashing and still ended up in a similiar location both years. I'm going alone the first night and will queue as early as possible and have a friend coming the second night who has said I can make the call on what time and I will judge if from the 1st night. I just pray the rain takes a break for those 2 days!

What are you folks hoping for setlist wise? If you are a bit bored (Like me) post the setlist you want to hear. I'll do one and post in a few :)

Wishful thinking that could happen (Ya never know)

Night #1

1. Badlands
    2. No Surrender
    3. We Take Care of Our Own
    4. Wrecking Ball
    5. Death To My Hometown
    6. Spirit In The Night
    7. My City of Ruins
    8. Jack of All Trades
    9. Murder Inc.
    10. E Street Shuffle
    11. She's The One
    12. Prove it All Night (78 intro)
    13. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
    14. For You (Solo piano)
    15. Apollo Medley
    16. I'm Goin' Down
    17. Thundercrack
    18. Racing in The Street
    19. The Rising
    20. Backstreets
    21. Radio Nowhere
    22. We Are Alive
    23. Land Of Hope and Dreams

24. Thunder Road
    25. Born in The USA
    26. Born to Run
    27. Glory Days
    28. Dancing in The Dark
    29. Tenth Ave Freeze Out

Night #2

1. Ties That Bind
    2. Sherry Darling
    3. Jackson Cage
    4. Badlands
    5. We Take Care of Our Own
    6. Wrecking Ball
    7. My City of Ruins
    8. Growin' Up
    9. Shackled and Drawn
    10. Spirit in The Night
    11. Candy's Room
    12. Out in The Street
    13. Something in The Night
    14. Pay Me My Money Down
    15. Hungry Heart
    16. The Promise
    17. Bobby Jean
    18. Talk to Me
    19. American Skin (41 Shots)
    20. Adam Raised a Cain
    21. Incident on 57th Street
    22. The River
    23. Drive All Night
    24. We are Alive
    25. Land of Hope and Dreams

26. Born to Run
    27. Cadillac Ranch
    28. Ramrod
    29. Dancing in The Dark
    30. Tenth Ave Freeze Out
    31. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
    32. Quarter to Three

(Night #2 is curfew bustin' boss time!)

I'm really excited about it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rosalita

Delurking to say hey! So excited for these concerts-heading to both. Bunch of us thinking of heading in around midday on the 17th to get the best position possible. Sat in the rain for the first concert in 09 from midday and got in about the fifth row from the front. Possible setlist? If this had been last week it would have been something different but after seeing Paris night 2's setlist anything is possible :D

The Ties that Bind
    No Surrender
    We Take Care of Our Own
    Wrecking Ball
    My City of Ruins
    I Wanna Be With You
    I'm Goin Down
    Death to My Hometown
    Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    Thundercrack
    Prove it all night ('78 intro)
    Save My Love
    For You (Solo Piano)
    Racing in the Street
    Growin Up
    This Hard Land
    The Promised Land
    Long Time Coming (full band)
    Long Walk Home
    Be True
    Bobby Jean
    Born in the USA
    Out in the Street
    Thunder Road
    Rosalita:D
    Born to Run
    Glory Days
    Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
    Quarter to Three

Curfew busting Boss Time!!

Honorable Mentions: Incident on 57th Street, Take Em as they Come, Sherry Darling, Talk to Me.

A possible setlist we could be seeing!?!?:D

Rosalita wrote: »
    Delurking to say hey! So excited for these concerts-heading to both. Bunch of us thinking of heading in around midday on the 17th to get the best position possible. Sat in the rain for the first concert in 09 from midday and got in about the fifth row from the front. Possible setlist? If this had been last week it would have been something different but after seeing Paris night 2's setlist anything is possible :D

The Ties that Bind
    Quarter to Three

Curfew busting Boss Time!!

Honorable Mentions: Incident on 57th Street, Take Em as they Come, Sherry Darling, Talk to Me.

A possible setlist we could be seeing!?!?:D

Welcome to Boards :D

That setlist looks great. Full band Long Time Coming would really blow me away (Full band of any D&D/Nebraska would be really great actually)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rosalita

CiaranK wrote: »
    Welcome to Boards :D

That setlist looks great. Full band Long Time Coming would really blow me away (Full band of any D&D/Nebraska would be really great actually)

Thank you :D
    It's impossible to put together a setlist that would suit everyone but I would give my left arm (I'm a leftie :D) to hear full band anything from Nebraska (Highway Patrolman?). Loved the bullet mike for Reason To Believe on the Magic tour. What covers would you like to see? On one hand I go to Bruce to see his songs but then he has done some classics in his shows!

Rosalita wrote: »
    Thank you :D
    It's impossible to put together a setlist that would suit everyone but I would give my left arm (I'm a leftie :D) to hear full band anything from Nebraska (Highway Patrolman?). Loved the bullet mike for Reason To Believe on the Magic tour. What covers would you like to see? On one hand I go to Bruce to see his songs but then he has done some classics in his shows!

Some covers he has done I don't like. The sign collecting on the last tour I think took away from the flow of the show, and sometimes resulted in some not so great songs. I like the Apollo Medley he is doing, and Quarter to Three or the Detroit Medley would be amazing. Stuff like Seven Nights & Who'll Stop The Rain (I hope he doesn't need to sing that :P ) I could do without. I'd much rather a rarer number than a cover if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

I'm hoping he closes out the set with a version of Twist and Shout that segues into Niggas in Paris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

great setlist choices
    but i would really love to hear lost in the flood
    or if patti is along maybe brilliant disguise

Advertisement