Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rosalita

I would love Patti to be there as she has never been at a concert I have gone to. Perhaps then Tougher than the Rest or like Dolittle said Brilliant Disguise could make an appearance? In relation to the signs they were a bit of a pain but I did get For You, You Can Look, Sherry Darling and Jungleland with them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Rosalita wrote: »
    Thank you :D
    I would give my left arm (I'm a leftie :D) to hear full band anything from Nebraska

You've got a good chance of Johnny99 being played, I got it in berlin and he's been playing it quite a bit.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,614 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i dont know if this has been asked already, but whats the story with parking at the RDS?

will the main RDS parking area be open, and if so any idea of what time it would generally get full at?

is there any other local that would still be open after the gig?

Usually drop it around Sandymount - quick exit to East Link

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

Seen him there twice before - parked in the simmonscourt both times. worked great with no major delays. Don't know what time it would fill at though.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,614 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

thanks guys,
    decided to go whole hog and stay up there on the night ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

For anyone going to the London show on Saturday, tomorrows concert in Hyde Park has been cancelled due to the site being unsafe due to weather so keep an eye out before going etc etc.

For anyone going to the London show on Saturday, tomorrows concert in Hyde Park has been cancelled due to the site being unsafe due to weather so keep an eye out before going etc etc.

They've said HRC is going ahead at the weekend, they're spreading bark on the park :p....didn't have enough time to get it done for poor old Kylie and Jason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

ticketmaster.ie updated.. show starts at 7pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

bennyl10 wrote: »
    ticketmaster.ie updated.. show starts at 7pm :)

Is that show starts at 7pm or gates open at 7pm? From memory his shows at the RDS always started around 8pm. (I have to organize a child minder.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Is that show starts at 7pm or gates open at 7pm? From memory his shows at the RDS always started around 8pm. (I have to organize a child minder.)

Just had a look on TM,and it says the gates are at 5,the show is at 7,and from reading some of the reports,he is starting pretty much on time,so don't get caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

I cannot wait for next week,genuinely buzzing about this.

Have been reading reports,and they are on fire,I don't know why,but I just have a feeling that next week they will put in a show of epic proportions,I feel a 4hr show in the offing...................here's hoping:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Aiken Promotions
    ONLY A MATTER OF DAYS TO GO!

Next Week Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band will be in town to play two nights at Dublin's RDS. Both nights are now fully Sold-Out!

PLEASE NOTE
    *** Gates will open at 5pm and show starts 7pm ***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Stage times for London is 7-10.15 so sounds like it's 7ish for most dates. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Bruce's time keeping is normally excellent so bring it on :) So excited for next week. Might have to contact the hotel to check in early to get a decent spot on Tuesday. That won't be an issue Wednesday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

On Stage 7.00pm

IanDempsey Twitter

HE'S A WORKING MAN - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND, 17th & 18th July 2012 (Sold out) RDS Arena Doors 5pm FYI - BRUCE ON STAGE 7PM

Hyde Park looking good....

imagefromurl?size=medium&url=http%3A%2F%2Flockerz.com%2Fs%2F224056140
    x2_d5b07c9

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Hyde Park looking good....

imagefromurl?size=medium&url=http%3A%2F%2Flockerz.com%2Fs%2F224056140
    x2_d5b07c9

Are you heading over?

CiaranK wrote: »
    Are you heading over?

Ooooh yeah, :D
    Friday afternoon to Gatwick with three other lads. Back Sunday night and prepare for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Ooooh yeah, :D
    Friday afternoon to Gatwick with three other lads. Back Sunday night and prepare for Dublin.

Sweet!
    How many shows have you been at in total?

• Advertisement

CiaranK wrote: »
    Sweet!
    How many shows have you been at in total?

See my sig, Berlin and Manchester so far....now three in five days :)

I keep getting my total tally wrong but I had another look last night and these will be shows 24, 25 and 26. (GL post wrong again!)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jimmy Macnulty

Do ye reckon if we are in the queue by 3.00 - 3.30 we should be ok for the pit?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NV011956

Hi guys, what time do you think he will be on stage in the RDS? Thanks.

NV011956 wrote: »

TM say show starts 7pm, so I'd guess 7.10-7.25

NV011956 wrote: »

Between 7.00 - 7.15 Id say

Do ye reckon if we are in the queue by 3.00 - 3.30 we should be ok for the pit?

Should be ok given previous experiences in Dublin. lot of out-of-towners seem to be going though looking at some Bruce boards so they'll be queueing from early. See post #590 for my analysis!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I'd love to be going to one or both days of this... can't afford it at the minute, and had to choose Paul Simon over Bruce, as I've seen Bruce twice (Tom Joad at the Point, and RDS a couple of years back)..

Still doesn't make it any easier - sounds like Bruce & the band are on fire too :(

Come on God - hit me up with a few quid on the Lotto or something!

Should be ok given previous experiences in Dublin. lot of out-of-towners seem to be going though looking at some Bruce boards so they'll be queueing from early. See post #590 for my analysis!

yeah I was there in 08 and walked straight into the pit just after the gates opened.. the following year was a different story. made the mistake of queuing the other side of the RDS. Didn't get into the pit. Was raging and got pissed wet it was such a bad day. By chance I asked a security man inside did he have any pit passes and he threw me three!! Couldn't believe my luck! turned out to be a great night. Wish he would do a few night in the o2 or something. Dont really like the RDS as a venue

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

won bands to Stevies DJ gig in Tower Records today!!

Over the moon! the last time the show was broadcast from Tower, at least 3/4 of the band turned up!

Cannot Wait!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

jossnjuice wrote: »
    won bands to Stevies DJ gig in Tower Records today!!

Over the moon! the last time the show was broadcast from Tower, at least 3/4 of the band turned up!

Cannot Wait!!

Whens that?!

Advertisement