Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Apparently the today/tomorrow announcement rumour came from an Italian promoter, but I'd say they'll all be announced in the one go relatively soon. Loads of places being mentioned on Twitter and have clearly been planned for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Unless he shakes up the setlist significantly I have next to no interest in Bruce 2024.

There’s another covers album to come so I’m sure he’ll swap out the ones he did this year. Played some more interesting songs after Dublin. I’ve only seen him once though so I’ll try and catch him a couple times next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Caught him in the RDS in May. My only time seeing him. Enjoyed it, but way too much filler songs played. Wouldn't go again unless, as you say, there is a significantly different setlist.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Would love to go again next year but money is a bit tight for me right now and the ridiculous prices being charged and being surrounded by dickheads only there for a nice chat, probably will give it a miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

All Springsteen has to do is say "40th Anniversary performance of Born In The USA" instant sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,575 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Cork Limerick Galway and Kilkenny the rumoured venues for next year, how much can I get for a kidney 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

• Registered Users Posts: 86,575 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Cork is as good as confirmed, 2 nights in May, the rest, who knows, can't see him doing any venues less than 35k though.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭I see sheep

If you mean Kitty's Back & Nightshift as 'filler songs' fair enough.

2 songs out of 28. 🤷

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

No. I like Nightshift.

I was referring to average songs like

Letter to you

E-street shuffle

Kittys back

Marys place

Johnny 99

Last man standing.

They are not bad songs, but just very meh. There was a very noticeable lull in the RDS gig for an hour, about a third of the way into it.

E-street shuffle! Kittys back!

Agree with the rest. Id add Prove it All Night, Wrecking Ball, Death to My Hometown and Twist and Shout which he did the other night. Thankfully everyone was spared from Shout this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Each to their own I guess.

I think you must be on a wind-up with Prove it All Night The Nal 🤣. I think Johnny 99 is also one of his best songs and certainly one of the best live songs.

Wrecking Ball, Death to My Hometown, Mary's place, Last man standing, Letter to you area all great songs imo.

I can see how E-street shuffle & Kittys back aren't for everyone but I think he does them to get everyone on stage involved and some fans love them.

The songs off Letter to You are fantastic, was always going to be a decent amount of them played as off the latest album. It’ll be interesting whether he wants to stick to the story thing he’s been doing, he’s definitely aware plenty of people aren’t too impressed at the mostly static sets.

Personally wish he would do stuff off Magic

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It shows how spoilt his fans have been that it takes until he's 73 before they get a chance to complain about static setlists.

Like the song Ghosts but the live performance was a bit flat, the acoustic version of Last Man Standing is great and See You In My Dreams is a perfect way to end a concert.

To be fair, theyre arent many artists of his standing doing the same setlist every night. Multiple shows in the same city. Apart from a song or two here or there, the exact same. Its a valid complaint. Especially when hes charging mega money.

All 3 Dublin shows were basically the exact same. One of the best things about Bruce shows was the unpredictability of and looseness of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

I'd actually like if he turned it into a BITUSA 40th anniversary tour as it would really shake up the setlist, have loads of hits in the middle of the show for a change and mean the encore would be completely different and more interesting without BITUSA, Dancing in the dark, Bobby Jean and Glory Days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Post edited by PTH2009 on

The "whole album" stuff got pretty tiring aswell. Although I did see him do all of Darkness which was incred.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I remember a rumour that Belfast 2013 was going to be Nebraska in full but it got pulled/rejigged. We got 5 songs of it but if he'd played the full thing I would have floated home.

Me too. Love it. But not really a stadium type gig! Would love to hear the yet to be released full band Nebraska.

Dates here Cork here

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Great news

Wonder will Kilkenny be later in the tour like 2013

Say I'll aim for one of the Kilkenny shows IF they happen

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭greenkiwi1

Well the cork hotels have obviously heard the same dates as I managed to book a room for the 16th yet when I went in for the 18th the date was either blacked out or charging like 975€. This was booking direct on hotel websites with a canceable rate. The likes of trivago etc were still showing availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I took a chance this morning and booked four nights in a hotel in the city, spanning the two supposed dates. Some hotels were already unavailable at that stage. I can always cancel if the dates are wrong, but previous Bruce rumours have generally been accurate (once they get to media level and not just pure speculation) and I suspect/hope this one will be the same. The Saturday night was more expensive, but that would be the case anyway, and it wasn't cash-in-on-the-Springsteen-gig level of expense.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Checked up 1 hotel for the Saturday cork show, wasn't a complete rip off (still north of 350 mind), but non refundable only possible. Will likely try for that night anyway, am sure they'll put on extra commuter trains

• Advertisement

Has anybody seen rumored dates for Barcelona? Or any other european dates?

Advertisement