Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Seriously, the same 3 questions asked over and over again?!:confused:

Also seems 40,000 people want to get into the pit.

After standing for 4 hours in the rain in 2008, Im quite looking forward to a covered seat this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Yeah it is in the cluster of pubs at the end of the road of the main entrance. I take it you are seated if you are planning on coming out so late? Remember both Ticketmaster and Aiken are saying 7pm start and Bruce is normally on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

JJ wrote: »
    The promoters are saying that Bruce will be on stage at 7:

http://aikenpromotions.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1202:bruce-springsteen-a-the-e-street-band&catid=1:latest-news[/QUOTE]

I find that hard to believe. Any gig of his i'm at its usually after 8pm, say around 8.20pm, he's on and finishes just before 11pm. Maybe with events in the UK at the weekend he will start a bit earlier this time with licencing issues but i'd be amazed if he's on stage at 7 (or even 7.30).
    Anyone else have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭T.C.O.B

Well considering his set averages around 3.5 hrs my money is on a 7pm start. Think he started at 7 recently in Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I find that hard to believe. Any gig of his i'm at its usually after 8pm, say around 8.20pm,
    That's what I reckoned last time. I missed the first half-hour of the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

He's doing longer shows than in recent years. I imagine this is due to the absence of Clarence. When the curfew is 23:00 and he overruns the only other option is an earlier start, and this is what has been happening this tour. So I'd be there for 19:00.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

musicmania wrote: »
    Yeah it is in the cluster of pubs at the end of the road of the main entrance. I take it you are seated if you are planning on coming out so late? Remember both Ticketmaster and Aiken are saying 7pm start and Bruce is normally on time.

Nope we are standing , We are gonna get food and have a few drinks then head in at 6.30 or so . We will def be in before 7pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Was at the London gig on Saturday, I've honestly never been to a gig that had such low sound, it was absolutely awful. I was able to talk at a normal level throughout the gig had I wanted to (and behind a speaker stack so would hate to have been away from one). Bruce was great though, just wish I could've heard more of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Was at the London gig on Saturday, I've honestly never been to a gig that had such low sound, it was absolutely awful. I was able to talk at a normal level throughout the gig had I wanted to (and behind a speaker stack so would hate to have been away from one). Bruce was great though, just wish I could've heard more of it!

73DB limit in Hyde Park. Total waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

JJ wrote: »
    The promoters are saying that Bruce will be on stage at 7:

http://aikenpromotions.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1202:bruce-springsteen-a-the-e-street-band&catid=1:latest-news[/QUOTE]

I find that hard to believe. Any gig of his i'm at its usually after 8pm, say around 8.20pm, he's on and finishes just before 11pm. Maybe with events in the UK at the weekend he will start a bit earlier this time with licencing issues but i'd be amazed if he's on stage at 7 (or even 7.30).
    Anyone else have any ideas?

He started on Saturday in Hyde Park at 7:20pm and I suspect that he would have started that one earlier only the John Fogerty set ran on a bit, not complaining though as Fogerty was super. I was in Mancherster also & I think it was 7:10pm but cant recall exactly.
    I reckon that Bruce will come on around 7:10/ 7:15pm and will get the gig going the same way as on Saturday with an acoustic Thunder Road. Probably last until 10:45pm.

One thing for sure is that you will DEFINITELY get 10th Avenue and that will be special for those that havent seen this from the tour so far.

• Advertisement

How far back were you? We were about half way between the stage and the sound mixing setup and never noticed any sound issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

dixiefly wrote: »
    How far back were you? We were about half way between the stage and the sound mixing setup and never noticed any sound issue.

I'm wondering as well. I wasn't overly close to the stage, but no problems where I was too! I have heard mixed reports however, so there must have been areas with poor sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

Any advise guys?!!
    Unfortunately probably wont get there til about 6 due to work committments so whats the suggestions....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Any advise guys?!!
    Unfortunately probably wont get there til about 6 due to work committments so whats the suggestions....

Give your ticket to the guy at the gate and he will then let you into the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone know where you collect tickets from ticketmaster for the gig tomorrow night?

Useless shower never sent me my ticket :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

The Nal wrote: »
    Give your ticket to the guy at the gate and he will then let you into the gig.

Excellent!!
    Me and my car will get straight in so...thanks for that great advise! :rolleyes:
    I'll take it you missed my 'parking' title!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

deisedude wrote: »
    Anyone know where you collect tickets from ticketmaster for the gig tomorrow night?

Useless shower never sent me my ticket :mad:

From my email from Ticketmaster today;
    Ticketmaster would like to take this opportunity to thank you for booking your tickets to Bruce Springsteen with us. Please read this email carefully as it contains important information regarding the concert.
    If you selected "mail" as your delivery method, your tickets should have arrived at their intended destination at this stage. If you have not received your tickets by now please contact Ticketmaster Customer Services:
    Phone Number: 0818 903001
    Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday 09.30 to 18.00
    Box Office Information
    If you selected Box Office Collection, your tickets will be available for collection on the day of the concert. The box office will be open from 15:00 and will be located at the RDS Main Hall on Merrion Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Please bring the credit/debit card used to purchase the tickets in addition to the Ticketmaster reference number as proof of purchase.

If I didn't get an email, I'd be getting worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Are the RDS picky about what gate you go to? like can you wonder down to Simmonscourt even if your ticket says Merrion?

also does anyone have the map showing the routes that usually comes with the ticketmaster e-mail? got my ticket in a shop so not any e-mail for me.. however i'd love to see that map? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Stevie's radio show was great! Was about 2/3 feet away from him the whole time. I took photos for a good few people and gave him my marker to use a bit and he said 'You're my man!' Delighted

Just spotted myself on the RTE 9 o'clock news, will be in the RTE player soon, Short piece from the broadcast.

Can't wait till tomorrow and Wednesday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

CiaranK wrote: »
    Stevie's radio show was great! Was about 2/3 feet away from him the whole time. I took photos for a good few people and gave him my marker to use a bit and he said 'You're my man!' Delighted

Just spotted myself on the RTE 9 o'clock news, will be in the RTE player soon, Short piece from the broadcast.

Was there too!! what time in the news was it on?? like how far in?? having a gander on RTE player now!

• Advertisement

jossnjuice wrote: »
    Was there too!! what time in the news was it on?? like how far in?? having a gander on RTE player now!

It was the last thing on it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

200 lined up outside already according to the RTE News. Crazy.

Here is a longer version of the interview from the news:

http://www.rte.ie/news/av/2012/0716/media-3345208.html

CiaranK wrote: »

I agree - great gig from stevie with good chats in between the tracks. Well done to Dublin City FM & Tower records. It is good that some organisations give something back without charging.

I listen to Dublin City FM most days going in an out of work and brought the family to Tower Records the last time we were in the city. Mental note to go back again next time. Will listen out for Stevie's show - it was good fun & a decent range of music.

Interesting that he started with a "Them" track and finished with G.L.O.R.I.A. from Van.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭deisedude

From my email from Ticketmaster today;
    If I didn't get an email, I'd be getting worried!

Went to my old email address. Woops!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Im NOT desperate for a ticket for tomorrow night wink wink..and i definitely dont want you to PM me if you have one wink wink

Getting ready to head out now!!!!! Have a great one everyone , see you on the other side!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Leaving Donegal soon for two nights of the boss....like a kid on xmas morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

Can we get some updates here through the day on how the queuing is going?

big_show wrote: »
    Can we get some updates here through the day on how the queuing is going?

I won't have internet, I'm sure someone will though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Forster

Got a text from someone who is in line. They were handing out pit numbers around 450 after 9 o clock this morning.

Advertisement