Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Aiken can move them on, tell anyone queing that they will be refused entry to pit area.
    Belfast council have deemed it a residential area as there is hundreds of houses , a few minutes either side and people travelling to and from are walking thru those areas.
    Licensing conditions given to promoters require them to not allow early queuing.
    so aiken have to be seen to do something if hundreds queing outside.

One of one direction guys told his fans not to queue early outside an arena show, they did anyhow. His team went out and handed wristbands to them. When doors opened all those wristbands were let in last as punishment. Rest of the tour no one was queing for hours as learned lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Fair enough. Will play it by ear.

At about half 4 there's going to thousands of people walking around in circles outside the venue though so, seems a bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

So if we can't get there 30 mins before doors (to make sure we get pit) then how is it going to work with the number people? There's aparently 200+ of them and I'd imagine close to 1000 by tomorrow afternoon.

Do they show up exactly at doors and get let in? What happens if people get there a minute before they do?

I really can't be hooped with this number nonsense, just want to make sure my daughter and I get in the pit, so we can hang at the back and we have a bit of space with a decent view - was planning on getting there 30 mins early to ensure that, but not sure I want to if we will just get moved on or even penalised!?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

Those in the roll calls will form a queue early tomorrow, perhaps around noon, in conjunction with Aitken security who will supervise It. It wont be on the the street.

They will enter first in number order, before the gates open After that its first come first served. If you have no interest in being near the front, then come at a later time.

However no-one is going to be able to give you a definitive answer as to when you should turn up to ensure you make the pit. Late afternoon is my guess.

for RDS last year, aiken set up queing inside RDS grounds away from the streets as a way to placate the numbers people and to ensure that local residents wouldn’t complain about hundreds of people loitering on the streets around the rds.
    arriving at 4:30 should be fine. Pit is plenty big.
    the few hundred numbers people want Barrier access so they can be a foot closer to Bruce than everyone else in the pit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Do you ever take a day off?

I know it doesnt suit your agenda, but the queue will be great as it always is and will be fully supported by the promoter. 2013 Belfast queue was immaculate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Not true, that was Banquet records who were responsible for that, not Louis Tomlinson. Happened because of the freezing cold weather at the time and his fans certainly do continue to queue stupidly early.

You see “no early queuing” on most outdoor gigs, it’s happens all the time.

Edit: Just for reference what happened at that Banquet Records gig in Pryzm was that Banquet put out a statement saying strict queuing from 10am (or whatever time it was) that morning of the gig because of the weather being so cold. People showed up earlier and were punished but nothing to do with Tomlinsons side and not remotely comparable to Springsteen tomorrow.
    Most posters you see for summer gigs in Ireland say no early queuing, can’t really stop it.

Ignore yer man willyiz folks. Gawd he'd depress a saint.

Thanks very much, I'll stick with the original game plan so.

If Aiken is involved in this, I feel like they should make this information available to the public. It seems silly to have to follow some random twitter account who takes a screenshot of some lady who has her Facebook set to private to get any information at all. Seems very cloak and dagger, not transparent. But sure listen, I'm just have a moan now sorry!

Aiken is involved and will ensure the queue is managed properly. I'll be there around 11.30 in the morning and note details on 'ere if you wish.

• Advertisement

no agenda, councils have become restrictive on people queuing for hours outside and promoters have to abide by rules as residents rightfully complain that hundreds of people hanging around venues.
    aiken posted on social media last year that they had nothing to do with numbers system initially and then become involved the day or two out.
    Promoters don’t want residents complaining to local council and hundreds of die hard fans queueing outside from early morning or night before is a pain in the hole to deal with.

Whatever. Yer histrionics are meaningless. Gawd the craic about One Direction!!!!??? Take a holiday chief.

The queue tomorrow will go off without a hitch. Fans will be ultra respectful as they always are. Belfast will be superb event just like 2013. Whisht now.

That would be brilliant if you could, thanks a million

Aiken have posted saying no early queuing.
    Aiken priority is to abide by council rules and no annoy local residents as they want to use that venue for years to come.
    die hard fans making up own rules and showing up early against the request of the council and promoters are selfish individuals. Showing up at gate time will still get people into the pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭This is it

You can provide all the details you want, they'll still queue and do their numbers thing...

Aiken always say this. Genuinely mate, have a lie down will you? Your need to be right all the time is berzerk.

PR material from last year's RDS which had a well staffed, ran and successful queueing system for the guts of an entire week.

https://www.aikenpr.com/whats-new/2023/04/bruce-springsteen-and-the-e-street-band-come

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Every single gig in the history of Croke park has said "Early queueing will not be permitted", I'd bet the mortgage you'd find the same for the RDS and RHK.

Would you like to guess what happens every single gig?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Just walked by Nolan Park. Cranes are on site there, presumably for the stage set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭I see sheep

But it's total nonsense.

So the 'numbers people' CAN queue early with the help of the promoter because they have their stupid little system?

I might come up with my own system tomorrow involving letters, and I assume then I'll be fine to queue early 👍️

Also I'll repeat myself because people are still stating this incorrectly -

The venue is NOT in a residential area

There's business parks and car garages nearby, that's it.

The numbers process in place, working, supported by promoter for years. The whining is a waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Those gates will be open long before 5pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Enjoy the gigs everyone! Don't sweat too much about being close to the stage, the sound will most likely be better the further back you go!

It must be odd for Bruce seeing the same faces on the rail night after night! He must find it tough to find a new kid to give his harmonica to! Has anyone here been on the rail before, what is the sound and experience like from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Was very close to the rail at Glastonbury and moved back a bit because the sound was ****.

Was very close to the rail at Barcelona in 2012 and moved back a bit because the sound was ****.

The people up front are a horrible bunch. What number did you get? How many shows have you seen?

All cranky and dehydrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ConcertMan

I follow this thread for information about the gigs, and I felt compelled to write a comment about this number system thing.

From my experience, this thing with people writing numbers on their hands has most definitely NOT worked in the past.

Every single time I've seen Bruce (in Ireland, US, Spain, Canada, UK) the number system has led to arguments. The most common cause for discontent is when some concert goer shows up at 2pm or whatever to get in the queue for the pit and they are delighted to find themselves top of the queue, only for the number people to arrive along and inform the person that they are in front of them. Their explanation: they started queuing here five days ago and come back for a count every few hours.

I always see the exact same people organising this number system. I just don't get it. Surely Bruce must hate seeing the same faces every night. And a lot of them don't even sing along. They just stand and watch like they are at an art gallery.

The only people who say this system works are the people who benefit from it. It's an unfair system and defies all definition of queuing.

This year, I have decided to go with seated tickets for the first time ever in my 30 plus years of seeing Bruce live, and that is solely down to the fact that I cannot put up with this number system charade. I used to always moan about it, but in the end, I'd begrudgingly go along with it and get a number written on my hand.

But no more. I'll give the seats a go and not have to worry about my blood pressure.

It's fine.

Just realised our tickets are in the premium section, no idea if we paid more for that luxury... :/

I presume the premium area, drinks and toilets, etc., are for premium ticket holders only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

There are a large number of residential properties as you come out of the retail park. And the playing fields are only a few minutes walk from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah they definitely have a chip on there shoulder and could see them turning nasty if they don't get there way.

Think they're the same price as normal Cat 1 tickets. Yeah you get indoor bars, food, merch stands and bathrooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Advertisement