Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

WOW!!!! Bruce is in Easons O Connell Street! Was going around unrecognised and looking at books. My friends and I got a picture with him then people started to notice him and he got mobbed!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Clarehobo

Forster wrote: »
    Got a text from someone who is in line. They were handing out pit numbers around 450 after 9 o clock this morning.

What is the deal? Do they hand out numbers in the queue in the morning and then you can go away for the day? Or you just get the number and have to stay in the queue until the gates open?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

System for tomorrow is numbers are being given out for an hour or two straight after the gig tonight in the Simmonscourt car park and first roll call is 8am afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

niallon wrote: »
    System for tomorrow is numbers are being given out for an hour or two straight after the gig tonight in the Simmonscourt car park and first roll call is 8am afaik.

But when you have a number, then what?

I just need to know if I can leave, finish the working day, and then go back in with my number and be allowed into the pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

nm wrote: »

I just need to know if I can leave, finish the working day, and then go back in with my number and be allowed into the pit.

Queued at 12.30 and got 998 and took my name.First 1000 in first line and then there was to be another thousand in next line but that wasn't filled by time I went at round 4 which I'll fill you in bout now.

After got number was warned I had to be there at 1.30 for another roll call and then 2.30 for final one and wait for wristband for pit.

If you miss when your numbers called they mark you off the list.

They skipped the first roll call today as were caught for time.

Got hand stamped at round 2.30 and got wristband round 4 and told I could go away and comeback later then if I wasn't bothered bout being near the front of the pit.

Once I'm in the pit then I'm a happy camper!! :D

Was told it's 3000 people in the pit now if that's true I don't know.

So there's my experience of it anyway.

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »

]
    oncertking has it right as to what happened today, as for tomorrow you'll need to be around for the first roll call but as regards going to work, I'd imagine the second roll call would be around lunchtime and if you're not present, you're off the list. You're only guaranteed pit with a wristband which wouldn't be given out until at least three I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Decky87

Are you allowed cameras in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

won't be there til 3 tomorrow.. time enough to get pit? :/

In the pit anyway, noting is checked. Not even a pat down. Bring as many camera as ya like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Got a text of a mate there tonight, said sound has been atrocious so far! :( Hope it's ironed out for tomorrow nights gig when I go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The forecast for tomorrow evening is very bad,alot of rain forecast .:(

In the pit anyway, noting is checked. Not even a pat down. Bring as many camera as ya like.

latest time people could que to get a pit pass? where they strict about the entrances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I hear via text he came out on stage with "and since we were so rudely interrupted.." and straight into Twist & Shout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Got a text of a mate there tonight, said sound has been atrocious so far! :( Hope it's ironed out for tomorrow nights gig when I go!

Yeah I see Bad Sound talk in Twitter Land

DominoDub wrote: »
    Yeah I see Bad Sound talk in Twitter Land

Apparently all fixed now, some sound fault at the start.. twitter rockin again.. played I'm a rocker from a sign request!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Count_Hook

Any idea what time he kicked off? On time as usual I suppose? Going tomorrow....

Count_Hook wrote: »
    Any idea what time he kicked off? On time as usual I suppose? Going tomorrow....

tweets from 7:03 so yup bang on time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Setlist

1. I fought the law
    2. Badlands
    3. Out In The Street
    4. We Take Care of Our Own
    5. Wrecking Ball

6. Death to My Hometown
    7. My City of Ruins
    8. Spirit In The Night
    9. I'm a rocker (req)
    10. Prove It All Night (request)
    11. Darkness on the Edge of Town
    12. Jack of All Trades
    13. Murder Incorporated
    14. Johnny 99
    15. Easy Money
    16. Workin' On The Highway
    17. Waiting On a Sunny Day
    18. Raise Your Hand
    19. MY HOMETOWN (dedicated to U2)
    20. The River
    21. The Rising
    22. Land of Hope & Dreams

23. We Are Alive
    24. Born in the USA
    25. Born To Run
    26. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
    27. Dancing In The Dark (Big screens shows only a battery "On")
    28. Tenth Ave Freeze-Out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

On stage 19:28 apparently, with this

AyCG9h0CAAEPNDj.jpg

mitosis wrote: »
    Setlist

1. I fought the law
    2. Badlands
    3. Out In The Street
    4. We Take Care of Our Own
    5. Wrecking Ball

6. Death to My Hometown
    7. My City of Ruins
    8. Spirit In The Night
    9. I'm a rocker (req)
    10. Prove It All Night (request)
    11. Darkness on the Edge of Town
    12. Jack of All Trades
    13. Murder Incorporated
    14. Johnny 99
    15. Easy Money
    16. Workin' On The Highway
    17. Waiting On a Sunny Day
    18. Raise Your Hand
    19. MY HOMETOWN (dedicated to U2)
    20. The River
    21. The Rising
    22. Land of Hope & Dreams

23. We Are Alive
    24. Born in the USA
    25. Born To Run
    26. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
    27. Dancing In The Dark (Big screens shows only a battery "On")
    28. Tenth Ave Freeze-Out

plus American Land according twitter and twist and shout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

now that is a setlist! Even if a lot of other bands/artists wanted to, could they manage to play a 3 hour live show with such quality songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Going to this tomorrow. Can't wait. Hopefully the set list won't change to much but knowing Bruce it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Decky87

Based on that set list how do you think it will be for 2moro nights show? First Bruce concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

What were the site conditions like? Reckon wellies would be necessary for tomorrow?

Shando316 wrote: »
    What were the site conditions like? Reckon wellies would be necessary for tomorrow?

Pitch completely covered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

So long as he doesn't drop born in the usa like the last time around i don't really care. Hopefully add radio nowhere. Really love that song. It was rumoured somewhere u2 might show up as well but don't see that happening

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Pitch completely covered :)
    In what? Haha

Shando316 wrote: »
    In what? Haha

there's a white plasticky stuff :) one of his tour staff tweeted a picture earlier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Decky87 wrote: »
    Based on that set list how do you think it will be for 2moro nights show? First Bruce concert.

Glory Days, Thunder Road and maybe the E Street Shuffle, which they soundchecked today but didn't play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

great show, I've seen the last three tours and he certainly played this one with a lot of energy.

Wont pick out particular songs as so many class ones, but one thing that stuck out was some class guitar solos.....especially Prove it all Night....

Advertisement