Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

mitosis wrote: »
    Setlist

1. I fought the law
    2. Badlands
    3. Out In The Street
    4. We Take Care of Our Own
    5. Wrecking Ball

6. Death to My Hometown
    7. My City of Ruins
    8. Spirit In The Night
    9. I'm a rocker (req)
    10. Prove It All Night (request)
    11. Darkness on the Edge of Town
    12. Jack of All Trades
    13. Murder Incorporated
    14. Johnny 99
    15. Easy Money
    16. Workin' On The Highway
    17. Waiting On a Sunny Day
    18. Raise Your Hand
    19. MY HOMETOWN (dedicated to U2)
    20. The River
    21. The Rising
    22. Land of Hope & Dreams

23. We Are Alive
    24. Born in the USA
    25. Born To Run
    26. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
    27. Dancing In The Dark (Big screens shows only a battery "On")
    28. Tenth Ave Freeze-Out

Was I'm A Rocker the Thin Lizzy song??

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

bennyl10 wrote: »
    there's a white plasticky stuff :) one of his tour staff tweeted a picture earlier :)

Great news, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

bennyl10 wrote: »
    won't be there til 3 tomorrow.. time enough to get pit? :/

joined queue in simmonscourt at 3.45 - was given wristband for pit at 4.20

when I headed in at 5 they were handing them out at entrance

Note - you have to enter via simmonscourt rd if you want a wristband

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

jacko1 wrote: »
    joined queue in simmonscourt at 3.45 - was given wristband for pit at 4.20

when I headed in at 5 they were handing them out at entrance

Note - you have to enter via simmonscourt rd if you want a wristband

thanks a million :) were they picky about the gate you qued at? :) CAN'T WAIT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I got pit pass at six o clock at the front entrance to the pulit inside the rds...why everyone queue???? Haha

Also he did play a little twist and shout at the start as a dig at london. Im a rocker and rosalita and working on the highway were my faves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Martin_ie2012

did anyone park at the rds or what is the best option if i am driving in. Where is good to park thats not going to cost a fortune for the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So heading into this 2morrw im not that interested in the pit just wanna get decent enough view of whats going on and enjoy it its my first time seeing him.

So about what time should i head in and what area do i enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Gig was amazing.

It was easy to park but getting out was diabolical! 45 minutes in the Simmons court carpark completely standstill.

Just took us 1 hour and 45 to get back home to swords.

Off to bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Soooo good. Something else, blew me away completely. Tomorrow is gonna be amazing! Can not wait!! :)

Heard of people getting into the pit at 3/4. Holds 4'000, let 3'000 in at the start then pretty much filled it to the 4'000. With the rain tomorrow I'm guessing the pit will be easily gotten into.

Post a proper review of both gigs tomorrow, tired no need sleep, haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

No a different a song, think its off The River.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

the man was sensational yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

No a different a song, think its off The River.
    It certainly is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Bugger, he played The River, means the chances of getting it tomorrow are probably slim...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

What drinks were they selling at the bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

What a gig!

The boss was so full of energy. It's difficult to pick out any song, so many great hits where played.
    Nice tribute to Clarence towards the end.
    Round 2 tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nehemiah

mdwexford wrote: »
    What drinks were they selling at the bar?

Guinness Draft - €5
    Carlsberg Draft - €5.50
    Budweiser Btl - €5.50
    Bulmers Btl - €??
    Wine Btl - €6

I think there was Bulmers on draft too somewhere.

The bottle/wine bar is separate to the draft beer bar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

What a gig!

The boss was so full of energy. It's difficult to pick out any song, so many great hits where played.
    Nice tribute to Clarence towards the end.
    Round 2 tomorrow :D

That Clarence tribute was spot on and I also loved the dueling guitar solos from Bruce and Little Steven in Murder Incorporated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

How long did he play for and what time did he come on stage at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

I thought he came on at about 7.25pm and played till 10.50pm thereabouts. Simply super stuff from The Boss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 dean777

Great gig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Forster

For those worried about getting a wristband,they were handing them out to everybody at the Simmonscourt Road entrance until well after 5 o'clock.The reason people queue up in the morning by the way is just to be very close to the stage!

Great gig again, after being at Sunderland and Manchester - all were just such different sets! Loved Rosilita and My Hometimetonight - real highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

So was Bruce on stage at 7 or 7.30ish last night? I should be able to make it there before 7 as long as there isn't too much traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Prove it All Night :eek: really jealous! We didn't get that in Hyde Park. I'm on a serious Darkness.. kick at the moment!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Banditoo MC

Was there last night and what a fcukin gig. Seen the boss now over 10 times and he's never failed to give 100%. Looking forward to tonight now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 man the van

did anyone park at the rds or what is the best option if i am driving in. Where is good to park thats not going to cost a fortune for
    the day?

I parked in the cricket club just beside the rds, think it is merrion cricket club. Cost 10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Superb gig, haven't seen a full set list anywhere yet, everything seems to be missing Twist And Shout at the Start or American Land at the end. The Independent had a 29 song list missing those two, so by my reckoning he played 31 songs, time of 3 hours 30 minutes. One of the best peformances I'll ever witness anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

JJ wrote: »
    So was Bruce on stage at 7 or 7.30ish last night? I should be able to make it there before 7 as long as there isn't too much traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Bateman wrote: »
    Superb gig, haven't seen a full set list anywhere yet, everything seems to be missing Twist And Shout at the Start or American Land at the end. The Independent had a 29 song list missing those two, so by my reckoning he played 31 songs, time of 3 hours 30 minutes. One of the best peformances I'll ever witness anyway.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/2012/rds-arena-dublin-ireland-13dca581.html

Prove it All Night, and I'm now noticing they followed it up with Darkness...

Looks/sounds like it was an amazing gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Superb show - loved Murder Incorporated live, though it would never have been one of my favourite album tracks. Here's the special moment where Bruce plucked 6 year old Sophie out of the crowd to sing with him on stage. And Sophie knew the words....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Fantastic gig, although the sound was crap for the first 20 minutes or so, but thankfully they sorted that out and the show was amazing

Advertisement