Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭This is it

Its nuts, we were in the queue and unknowingly skipped the doubled back queue along with hundreds/thousands of others. They opened the whole road then but when people got to St James Ave, they were told to go back to the back of the queue along the pavement. Was a free for all then at the DayBreak shop.

Absolutely mental carry on from organisers

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Enjoy the show you and stop worrying about boards

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I will once I get in, enjoying skimming setlist.fm and stop being angry at "number people" you've never met.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

No pints, cans of rock shore only, 7 quid a 330ml.can, plus 15c deposit which you can't get back and all cans being collected by staff to increase the profits further

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,034 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Snap,I had kinda given up on the pit, but I'm in now

• Registered Users Posts: 86,556 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Got in, ticket scanned

Got to the entrance for the pitch

"Where's your hand stamp"

"what hand stamp"

"You need a hand stamp for standing, get it off the girls over there"

Walk over to girls over there

"They said I need a hand stamp"

"That's only for the pit, just go into the queue"

Go's over to queue

"Where's your hand stamp"

Aiken are fukcing shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Aiken, what a cowboy.

Must be making 10 million from Bruces shows here and he penny pinching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Huge amount of people still outside Croke Park 40 minutes into the show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

We did, it was actually horrible. See-through white with red writing. We have the worst county colours for a Springsteen t-shirt 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Looks like a nice setlist, Reason to Believe and The River

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

An absolute joy.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

i hope you got it. I got the Cork and saw a few of them tonight and some of the Kilkenny ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

It was a great show. But jesus christ, that was the worst organised gig I have ever been at. Unnecessaey queues for everything. I know there was a big crowd there, but it was like the organisers went out of there way to make queues to do everything. Men going for a plss should be striaght-forward, but of course not - join 15 minutes of a queue for the privilage. And there were trying to do some one-way traffic thing going into and out of the pitch area. No need for it at all. THere wasn't that much traffic once the gig started. And the craic of not being able to bring in plastic pints, but you could bring in cans. What was that about? If it was to promote the sale of Rocksore, then that is a low blow. I'm easy going enough when it comes to drink, but Rockshore is plss.

Anywaym, gig was great. Missed the first 15 minutes with the massive queues going in. But I guess we can blame ourselves a bit for that one. The Irish mentality seems to be that we can just rock up at 6.45, and we'll be in by 7. But that being said, there wasn't enough people scanning the tickets. And scanning each ticket takes too long. I don't know itf its a technology thing or what, but it should just take a second to scan a ticket, and then move on. But there seemed to be a delay for each of the scans from what I saw.

Nice to get The River. Hasn't been played many times on the tour. Bobby Jean is a great song. Wrecking Ball is a great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Wow just checking in here now on the bus home. I was in The Cloniffe Inn watching the footy, and strolled across at 6, up Fosters Ave, and straight in. For the first time ever I had a seated ticket for Bruce. Did wonder why pitch and Cusack were same entrance, but just went to stall, and thought nothing of it.

Was it my imagination or was the pit a lot smaller than Cork? It definitely looked a lot smaller than 2016.

I emailed Aiken about the shambles at Cork, and I encourage anyone else to do the same.

In regards the actual concert they were great. Loved that we got a few different songs. Stevie seemed in better form than Cork. I was happy for them, and is that we didn't have the horrible weather to contend with.

My highlights include My Hometown. I went to the tree planting yesterday, and I got to shake hands with his cousin and give him a thank you card. Pleased No Surrender returned, and Darlington County. Got a few videos. Unfortunately not Reason To Believe, so hope someone else did. Managed to get all of Rainy Night in Soho this time. I'm glad he finished with it. It was fitting.

Having to endure the people there to get pissed was a mild inconvenience. Even during the better known songs people were chattering. I did envy my comrades at the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Scanning The tickets. I was in the Hogan and the turnstiles were manually operated by young lads just looking at your e-ticket and saying "yeah go ahead".

I could have resold or transferred my ticket no problem after getting inside the stadium.

Great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Rockshore a national embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Quiet Achiever

I go there for gaa all the time and no queues. Why was it different tonight,?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

There was a story that someone had a heart attack at or close to one of the entrances, which necessitated closing it, to allow access for emergency services, but I'm not quite sure why that would be.

People would still be streaming towards their designated gate, without any knowledge that it's now closed, so turning them away is only going to make a bad situation worse.

I do know someone - who had seats - who was redirected to a specific gate, only to be told at that gate there was no admittance! No communication whatsoever.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

usually only 25,000 are trying to enter cusack stand entrance from clonliffe Road. It was closer to 50,000 as you had all pitch standing entering the same way.
    also for GAA matches it’s often a double header so it’s more spread out, whereas tonight could of easily been 30,000/40,000 people trying to enter on the one side in the hour or 75 minutes before the concert.
    Add in stewards who don’t know how to manage queues and too few ticket scanners and a lengthy queue builds up in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭This is it

Entry was a nightmare but other than that, what a show. They were amazing! Had never heard The River live, so that was a treat. Loved Lonesome Day, No Surrender, Ghosts, My Hometown, Wrecking Ball, and the rest. Amazing gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Polar101

I didn't think organisation was that bad.. got to St James Avenue at around 6, got told to go around to Foster Terrace instead, walked in without stopping and got to the pitch at around half 6. After the gig got out to Ballybough road in about 15 minutes. I guess it would have been worse if I had been earlier, or later.

Announcements of "only Rockshore lager and bottles of water are allowed inside" were embarassing, though. Based on the amount of crushed cans on the pitch, I estimate they sold about four million cans of Rockshore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Just back from it. What a day. Got my number at 10, went of for a few hours and a couple of pints. Back for the roll call at 2, tickets scanned and let into the pit area at 4.30.
    Around 5 people deep to the barrier. Only a few feet away from Bruce at times.
    Great setlist, Bruce and the rest of the band looked and sounded in great form. Buzzing from it now just a brilliant day.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Grassy Knoll

I got there five thirty ish and got thru the Cusack side fairly efficiently. The yard at the back of the Cusack in terms of food or drink wasn’t great, IMHO the RDS set up is much better. Can of Bud nua / rock shore greeted us in the ground… you were not allowed to bring beer onto the pitch from outside. Made no sense.

To the concert, Bruce and the band plied their magic from pillar to post, with nearly 20 on stage the sound, chemistry and entertainment were flowing for three solid hours. I’m not a hard core fan but I enjoyed the gig as I did on the previous occasions. The man entertains, works the crowd, involves the band, they are obviously a tight group and it shows as they leave nothing behind them. Good combination of,the anthems but also other numbers from his considerable back catalogue. Amazing atmosphere in the ground, looked a full house to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Bruce and the band were feeding from the crowd last night, best show I’ve seen since 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Great gig and some going for 3 hours non stop but the getting in and out was shocking and never seen it as bad at any event I've ever been at. Aiken clearly don't care a jot about security and safety. I've been to many matches in Croke Park and it never was as bad, including All Ireland finals.

We were on the pitch and according to the ticket, entry was at Foster Terrace and we were told to go there and we'd get in. Got there before 5 and it was closed and wouldn't be opening and had to go all along to Clonliffe Road. No stewards, no signs and we joined the queue at Clonliffe College. Moved for a bit and then nothing as the latecomers joined causing a second queue. After half an hour, the queue moved as a Garda came along and told the second queue to get off the road and stewards appeared and we got in. Saw a senior steward bollock another steward who was on his phone and not managing the crowd. Finally got near the entrance at 6pm and saw another huge line of people coming towards us from Foster Terrace which was when they must have finally opened the way everyone was meant to go in. Once we got in, all fine apart from the food situation. Got grub and bought Fanta and were told we couldn't bring in Fanta by the stewards. Why sell drinks you can't bring in 5 metres away from the entrance into the pitch - complete nuts and just fleccing people!

Getting out of the pitch, we'd to go up to the stands as it looked like the pitch gate wasn't opened. No stewards once we were in the stands and no signs, little lighting as well at the bottom of steps and din't see a Garda until we got to Amiens Street. I'd be interested to know what the reasons were for the mess but it looked like not enough staff and no communication at all between them all working there. There was also blocks of empty seats in the Davin and Cusack so for those saying it was a sell out, doubtful how that was the case.

To me it seemed like the gig became a farewell at times, did he do 3 name checks of the band? A great gig and he's well worth the cost and the hassle that came with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭downtheroad

He spoke a lot about death during the show, seemed to be a theme almost (as morbid as it may sound). I wouldn't be surprised if he has an eye on retirement now.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭TabbyLongTails

he talked about death alright, but sure he done the same speeches last year at the RDS, almost word for word too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Missed first 25 minutes due to bad organisation. Ticket prices are crazy money so this is not acceptable.

First time I've ever heard good sound at a Bruce concert. He talks way too much though so its not really a 3 hour set.

Advertisement