Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Thank you so much. Have a friend in New Jersey who has invited me over for the next time Bruce puts on one of his Specials in his home town. She says it is always magical, so hope I can make it, but not sure if funds will run to it... ah well, never say never!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    It was taken from the screen feed, up on the official site now. Gothenburg last night, he followed it up with Jungleland tonight! First time ever post-Clarence. Very emotional by all accounts.

Yes, I'm ready for another Devils n Dust/GOTJ type tour now. You might like this compilation which i just downloaded:

http://springsteenbootlegs.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/the-keys-to-my-success-piano-songs-from.html

Nice one, currently downloading that and next up in the 2 Dublin concerts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I am still on a Bruce high since the wednesday night concert.

What are the chances of him coming back next summer do you think?!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

From brucespringsteen.net..........

Jon Landau was asked by Sweden’s largest daily newspaper Expressen to comment on the shows in Gothenburg. Here is the text of his response:

The two shows in Gothenburg were among the very highest moments in Bruce and the Band’s history of performing. As in all of Scandinavia, the crowds were among the greatest I have ever seen–for any artist. The audience comes with a great knowledge of Bruce’s work, a depth of feeling for all of it, and a special empathy for his artistry. As a result, Bruce and the Band are free to be as spontaneous and loose and emotional as they can possibly be. The results are nights of pure magic. For example, on Friday, Bruce did his greatest performance ever of “Drive All Night.” On Saturday, he did his greatest performance of “Frankie” as well as that beautifully deep and special and heartfelt version of “Jungleland,” featuring Jake Clemons playing the song’s classic Clarence Clemons solo. Moments this beautiful can only happen when the artist and audience are as one.

On behalf of Bruce, and all the members of the E Street Band, we thank the people of Gothenburg, all of Sweden, and all of Scandinavia for their incredible support for our efforts over so many years. We play for so many audiences around the world, but none are better than we find here. We look forward to our future visits and to seeing you all again the next time around.

Jon Landau

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2012/a-thank-you-to-scandinavia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wow, he walked onstage at 18:15 and did a 5 song acoustic set

When I arrived today at the Helsinki Olympic Stadium, I didn’t expect to see a great five song acoustic set. Although there was no scheduled soundcheck, Bruce came out on stage at 6:15 pm, shortly after arriving. I assumed he was going up to check out the stage, and at first he really was, but minutes later, I heard the speakers come on and Bruce began to riff and sing “I’ll Work for Your Love.” I realized that Bruce, coming to the venue after two days away from the stage, could not suppress his desire to connect with us from the microphone. It was clear as the set progressed through “Leap of Faith” and “No Surrender” that this wasn’t Bruce warming up. He was hitting every note, and his voice was clarion clear. Closing out the set with “For You” and “Blinded by the Light,” Bruce made it clear that there was something else he had come out to do. At the end of “Blinded,” he climbed down to the audience, and he began a ten minute run of the barrier. Shaking a series of hands (and occasionally getting a peck on the cheek from young Helsinki women), he collected cardboard signs which would occupy his dressing room as he composed the set list. Each time he climbed the risers on his way to the left or right, completing a full lap of the stage, the crowd would erupt in a cheer, likewise when a young pink-haired fan gave him a hug, before he received her written request. Afterward he came back to the microphone to say, “Thanks to all you regulars and thanks for making it a lovely summer for us, and we’ll see you in a little while!” Huge applause. So don’t ever ask me what to expect at a Bruce concert, other than a great time and a great show, because there’s no way to know.

- Charles Landau

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2012/pre-show-report-from-helsinki

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

He's just played for over four hours in Helsinki tonight not includng these 5 warm up songs!!!

That is just amazing and just shows what a man of 62 can achieve if he looks after his health and has the sheer love and motivation for his passion in life.

I wonder if Bruce will ever return here with the Seeger Sessions? That was so different and a fun show. To combine that folksy stuff with his very best rock numbers and the slow inspiring ballads would be amazing, but guess it is expecting too much.

There is only one Bruce and what an artist, performer and all round decent guy he is.

The crews who have worked with him over the years speak so highly of him, his generosity and his down to earth demeanor.

A friend of mine in New Jersey says she has often just run into Bruce strolling round the supermarket and nobody troubles him
    or invades his privacy. That's just how he likes it.

A 5 song acoustic set and then the concert is 4 hours and 6 minutes. What a man, this tour keeps getting better and better and when we think it can't get any better it does!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

334116_10151113397605250_1340983497_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Anyone going to download that last gig? Id go halfies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

madalig12 wrote: »
    Anyone going to download that last gig?

From where?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

The Nal wrote: »
    From where?

Mods,

Can you talk about bootleg sites or will it result in infractions?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mods,

Can we talk about the post office we're planning to knock over at the weekend or will it result in infractions?

jossnjuice wrote: »
    Mods,

Can you talk about bootleg sites or will it result in infractions?

Mods....he's telling tales....

There is a link posted on the previous page to a site that sells em....just saying:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

There is a link posted on the previous page to a site that sells em....just saying:cool:

If you're talking about post #1021 then you're wrong, these are free downloads. No official material there either.
    Bruce concerts are widely bootlegged and there are many sites with free downloads, Springsteen management has chosen to ignore this and in the past Bruce himself has referred to them....the Jungleland site alone has thousands and thousands of shows on both audio and video from the sixties to last week.

Backstreets has an off-shoot as well with mp3 shows. It's normal in Bruceland to download non-official stuff for free, no need to pay.

If you're talking about post #1021 then you're wrong, these are free downloads. No official material there either.
    Bruce concerts are widely bootlegged and there are many sites with free downloads, Springsteen management has chosen to ignore this and in the past Bruce himself has referred to them....the Jungleland site alone has thousands and thousands of shows on both audio and video from the sixties to last week.

Backstreets has an off-shoot as well with mp3 shows. It's normal in Bruceland to download non-official stuff for free, no need to pay.

My bad I didnt realise they were free off that site....Sweet!!!!!!

427000_10151114365880250_1160948149_n.jpg

From Bruce to his European fans.

The EPIC show has landed - don't know what the quality is like, downloading now.

http://springsteenbootlegs.blogspot.com.es/2012/08/wrecking-helsinki-corenol-version.html

20120731_booklet2_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

The EPIC show has landed - don't know what the quality is like, downloading now.

http://springsteenbootlegs.blogspot.com.es/2012/08/wrecking-helsinki-corenol-version.html

20120731_booklet2_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

• Advertisement

Wow moment from Friday night - pro-shot official Drive All Night

Just looked at this again, it just gets better and better.

Sublime, moving, emotional, beautiful and thank you Dr Nick. Brought back wonderful memories and made my day.

Have a good day where ever you are. Sun shines in Wexford before tomorrow's forecast downfall! No surprise there then! Ah well, listening to music like this and especially that saxophone helps one not to focus too much on the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Can't believe them 2 Finland shows. Oh to have been there. They look like two of Bruce's best ever! Drive All Night and Jungleland. WOW!! :D I'm away at the mo with no internet so only reading about them now.

So agree. I mean Dublin was brilliant, but these shows seem to have even surpassed that. Still, I guess it is not easy when you have such a large catalogue of material as Bruce, so he tries to cover as much as possible and for the fans that have the money to follow many of his gigs, he tries not to be repetitive. Would be great if you actually know exactly what the set list was going to be and to actually be able to attend the one with your favorite numbers!! Still, I bet that Bruce being Bruce would change that list at the last minute as he often does, so that may not work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

drive all night - live is just epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Anyone with spare cash?

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2012/bruce-the-e-street-band-to-play-rock-in-rio-2013

What it does mean is that the tour could well continue through September 2013 and a return to Europe is reasonably likely in that case.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

dixiefly wrote: »
    Anyone with spare cash?

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2012/bruce-the-e-street-band-to-play-rock-in-rio-2013

What it does mean is that the tour could well continue through September 2013 and a return to Europe is reasonably likely in that case.

Oh please i hope so , would even love an arena tour

Thomand Park 2013 according to Limerick Leader, let the rumours for 2013 start....time to change the thread title?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Thomand Park 2013 according to Limerick Leader, let the rumours for 2013 start....time to change the thread title?

I still think it will be in the rds again

Advertisement