Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Thomand Park 2013 according to Limerick Leader, let the rumours for 2013 start....time to change the thread title?

Did you notice it is almost exactly a year since the rumours started to come out about this years tour.

Maybe change the title or there will probably be a separate thread for the (hoped for ) 2013 tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Booked the tickets for Berlin on 26th November - you should have come dixiefly!

Good point on GL regarding the Enda Bolger connection. Interesting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Booked the tickets for Berlin on 26th November - you should have come dixiefly!

Yes that was a miss, I was at a lot of concerts the back end of last year & this year so something had to suffer.

Thomond Park would be good, far enough away to do an overnight and not too far either. Though I wouldnt mind a trip to London again, dont think they will do HRC again though.

LiveNation have pulled out of Hyde Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

dixiefly wrote: »
    Thomond Park would be good, far enough away to do an overnight and not too far either. Though I wouldnt mind a trip to London again, dont think they will do HRC again though.

'Tis about time they cater for us weshties!

Thomond Park would be brilliant. *fingers and toes crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Kinda doubt that considering he loves to rambling around Dublin so much....

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭8mv

I've just heard from a source - Thomond Park confirmed for next summer. No dates yet

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jimmy Macnulty

8mv wrote: »
    I've just heard from a source - Thomond Park confirmed for next summer. No dates yet

Who's your source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

http://www.limerickleader.ie/lifestyle/entertainment/speculation-on-springsteen-thomond-park-date-grows-1-4489430

Surely they're not going to put out the majority of the gig-going population by putting the gig on in Limerick ?

:confused:

• Advertisement

Who's your source?
    I'd have to kill you, Jimmy!:D

I hope it's right. I'm more than willing to travel, but this will be nearer home and maybe Mrs. mv will come along and get to see what a great gig the E-Streets put on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kinda doubt that considering he loves to rambling around Dublin so much....

Sure he could spend a few days around dublin before/after the gig . Even though id rather it be in Dublin id still be happy to travel to Limerick for the Boss

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jimmy Macnulty

8mv wrote: »
    I'd have to kill you, Jimmy!:D

I hope it's right. I'm more than willing to travel, but this will be nearer home and maybe Mrs. mv will come along and get to see what a great gig the E-Streets put on.

Well I hope your source is right! :D One of my mates lives right beside Thomand so would be very handy if this is true!! Cant stand the RDS!! Wish he would do a few night in the o2. That would be epic!

Another source suggestin Belfast.....could be both.

To come back down to earth, once again assuming my info is right, tickets will go on sale in the weeks leading up to Christmas when Santa and festive provisions inexplicably take priority over gigs (in the mind of Mrs. mv anyway!). I wasn't in a position to buy tickets for last summers shows, but maybe I can stretch to it this time. Still a bad time to fork out for a concert ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

nm wrote: »
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/lifestyle/entertainment/speculation-on-springsteen-thomond-park-date-grows-1-4489430

Surely they're not going to put out the majority of the gig-going population by putting the gig on in Limerick ?

:confused:

how would it put out? thousands travel for all over the country for bruce and thomond is as good a venue as any?.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

bennyl10 wrote: »
    how would it put out? thousands travel for all over the country for bruce and thomond is as good a venue as any?.
    Exactly, people outside of Dublin do go to gigs too and this would give people who couldn't afford to travel up to Dublin and stay there overnight the chance to see Springsteen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

rebel89 wrote: »
    Exactly, people outside of Dublin do go to gigs too and this would give people who couldn't afford to travel up to Dublin and stay there overnight the chance to see Springsteen

I'm sure it will be handy for people over in the west, but the population distribution of the country means that it's certain to put more people out than it suits.
    The majority will be put out by that venue, especially if its midweek (this would actually probably effect ticket sales).

You can be sure with less miles to travel, people who wouldn't go up to Dublin would take the opportunity. It'll sell, don't worry.

People will still travel , sure if you look at previous gigs in Thomand Pink , JLS , Elton John etc they all sold out/ or sold well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

i have to travel to dublin for gigs. that means taking a day off to get there by train and the following day to get back home. between paying for train, food, gig ticket etc. it costs a good bit. so its good that it might be in thomond park and let the "local fans" travel and fork out for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I would nearly prefer the gig to be in Dublin as its much easier to get from Waterford to Dublin than it is to get to limerick frm Waterford. I'm making sure wherever it is in Ireland I'm going. Since I saw Bruce in the Rds in July I Hve become a big fan.

Would love a Croke Park date. Hopefully it's true about an Irish date some annoyed people if it doesn't happen lol

Latest from the BTX machine:

16-05 Zagreb (CRO) – Maksimir Arena
    18-05 Athens (GRE) – Karaiskakis
    20-05 Istanbul (TUR) – Sukru Sarakoglu
    24-05 Valladolid (ESP) – José Zorrilla
    26-05 Zaragoza (ESP) – La Romareda
    07-06 Antwerpen (BEL) – Sport Paleis
    09-06 Liege (BEL) – Dufrasne
    10-06 Eindhoven (NED) – Philips Arena
    12-06 Genova (ITA) – Ferraris
    13-06 Padova (ITA) – Euganeo
    20-06 Saarbrucken (GER) – Ludwigspark
    22-06 Leipzig (GER) – Red Bull Arena
    25-06 Warsaw (POL) – Stadion Nadorowy
    29-06 Paris (FRA) – Stade de France
    10-07 Killarne (IRE) – Fitzgerald
    12-07 Cork (IRE) – Ui Chaoimh
    14-07 Edimburgh (UK) – Murrayfield
    16-07 Newcastle (UK) – St. James
    18-07 Birmingham (UK) – Villa Park
    22-07 Solna (SWE) – Rasuna
    24-07 Malmo (SWE) – Malmo
    26-07 Rosenborg (SWE) – Lerkendal
    29-07 Milano (ITA) – Giuseppe Meazza
    31-07 Barcelona (ESP) – Cornella El Prat
    01-08 Lisboa (POR) – Jose Alvalade

Killarney is spelt wrong (again) for a start......otherwise, possibly more plausible. No Coventry.

What about these lists generally? I think they might be coming from somewhere half-genuine. Initial negotiations/nice-to-have probably?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Cork & Killarney ? Killarney might be a logistical challenge for what could be 50,000 people.

Parc Ui Caoimh is a poor stadium and i'd prefer to avoid it if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I don't know why he wouldn't just stick to the RDS. He played it for years, sound has always been (for the most part) very good. The number of people is perfect for a two night stint. If it's not broken don't try fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

CiaranK wrote: »
    I don't know why he wouldn't just stick to the RDS. He played it for years, sound has always been (for the most part) very good. The number of people is perfect for a two night stint. If it's not broken don't try fix it
    I was at the RDS this year and the sound was possibly the worst i've ever heard during an outdoor gig, the wind was swirling all over the place, the volume was off, one minute you'd hear the song clearly and the next as if you were 10 miles away from the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i wish just announce something soon and not wait til after Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

who_ru wrote: »
    I was at the RDS this year and the sound was possibly the worst i've ever heard during an outdoor gig, the wind was swirling all over the place, the volume was off, one minute you'd hear the song clearly and the next as if you were 10 miles away from the stage.

Oh really, Anytime I've been there it has been very good. Maybe scratch that bit about the sound so.

Apparently big rumours that Bruce will announce dates tomorrow

• Advertisement

The two Bruce gigs I was at in the RDS were terrible sound wise.

Advertisement