Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The two Bruce gigs I was at in the RDS were terrible sound wise.
    I was there this year and the sound from my position (near the stage) was the best I have ever heard at an outdoor gig .
    I guess it all depends on where you are relative to the speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,894 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I was up the front the first time and it certainly wasn't as bad as the second time when I was back behind the barriers. It was harsh. I'm a qualified sound engineer and I was thinking to myself at the time, "If I got my hands on this gig...".
    Of course, being realistic, I probably wouldn't do any better!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

The 3 times I've seen Bruce in the RDS I was in the pit twice and just outside the pit once and the sound was very good. I seen Bon Jovi there and was in the stand at the very back and the sound was perfect there also

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Latest from the BTX machine:

16-05 Zagreb (CRO) – Maksimir Arena
    18-05 Athens (GRE) – Karaiskakis
    20-05 Istanbul (TUR) – Sukru Sarakoglu
    24-05 Valladolid (ESP) – José Zorrilla
    26-05 Zaragoza (ESP) – La Romareda
    07-06 Antwerpen (BEL) – Sport Paleis
    09-06 Liege (BEL) – Dufrasne
    10-06 Eindhoven (NED) – Philips Arena
    12-06 Genova (ITA) – Ferraris
    13-06 Padova (ITA) – Euganeo
    20-06 Saarbrucken (GER) – Ludwigspark
    22-06 Leipzig (GER) – Red Bull Arena
    25-06 Warsaw (POL) – Stadion Nadorowy
    29-06 Paris (FRA) – Stade de France
    10-07 Killarne (IRE) – Fitzgerald
    12-07 Cork (IRE) – Ui Chaoimh
    14-07 Edimburgh (UK) – Murrayfield
    16-07 Newcastle (UK) – St. James
    18-07 Birmingham (UK) – Villa Park
    22-07 Solna (SWE) – Rasuna
    24-07 Malmo (SWE) – Malmo
    26-07 Rosenborg (SWE) – Lerkendal
    29-07 Milano (ITA) – Giuseppe Meazza
    31-07 Barcelona (ESP) – Cornella El Prat
    01-08 Lisboa (POR) – Jose Alvalade

Killarney is spelt wrong (again) for a start......otherwise, possibly more plausible. No Coventry.

What about these lists generally? I think they might be coming from somewhere half-genuine. Initial negotiations/nice-to-have probably?

France gig confirmed with tickets onsale the 5th of Dec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

France gig confirmed with tickets onsale the 5th of Dec

Cool, where did you see this?

The 2013 event should not be missed!
    After two concerts at Bercy anthology 4 and 5 July (including a performance by 3:38!), Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band back in France for a concert that promises already epic singer which is nicknamed the rock marathon: appointment Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 19h at Stade de France!
    Born in the U.S.A, this is it. The River is still him. Dancing in the dark, it is always him. Prior to this, Bruce Springsteen discovers the rock to the television with the King Elvis Presley: it is a revelation to the young man at the time. Persevering, he begins to occur with different formations and it is in its infancy in this universe that his nickname became legendary: THE BOSS.
    In 1975, Bruce Springsteen and The E-Street Band recorded Born to Run: true success, this album is indispensable since in the world of Rock'n'Roll.
    The latest installment of the Boss and his band, Wrecking Ball, was released in March 2012 and has sold to date 70,000 copies in France. They started the Wrecking Ball Tour in stride, the sixteenth round of training since their debut.
    Keep in mind the date: Saturday, 29 June 2013! Next year, it will also 30 years as The Boss and the E-Street Band have released their debut album Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ ... One more reason not to miss this event!

Also looks like Italian dates confirmed aswell
    Milan, November 28, 2012 - Three in June 2013, the San Siro stadium. Write down the date and place. The Return of Bruce Springsteen at the Meazza is already fixed, just missing the announcement of Claudio Trotta of Barley Arts, the historic promoter of the Boss. A little less than a year from the epic concert of American rocker at the San Siro - June 7, 2012, one of the longest and most exciting performance by Springsteen and his E Street Band, 3 hours and 40 minutes of non-stop music - Boss returns for the fifth time in the scale of football. Have already entered the history of rock its four previous performances, especially before 1985 and the last of last year, although Springsteen fans always remember with pleasure the concerts of 2003 and 2008.

The new Italian tour a year after Springsteen "Wrecking Ball Tour" is preceded by a series of clues dissaminati Web by Barley Arts. What? Facebook profile of the company for the promotion of events dominates the picture of Boss plays the harmonica alongside Clarence Clamons, saxophonist and friend of Springsteen died in 2011. Not enough. The Barley Arts yesterday invites you to use as your profile photo a poster with a lot of flag star stripes all red and the words: "Keep calm and listen to Bruce." And in a post ahead: "We are working (hard) for you. As soon as there will be some news and officers, you will have to be the first to know. No games but a sweet waiting for everyone, including us. Stay tuned. But only if you like. Everything else is boring r'n'r. " In short, Trotta raise the expectation among the fans of the Boss.
    The promoter, meanwhile, has already rented and paid the San Siro stadium for June 3. The fifth date Springsteen at the Meazza is getting closer, but there should be three other Italian dates in June, most likely in Rome, Naples and Padua.
    American rocker is not the only artist to perform at the San Siro next summer, but will be the first. Other concerts already set at Meazza? Jovanotti (June 19), Bon Jovi (June 29), Negramaro (July 13), Depeche Mode (July 18) and Robbie Williams (July 31).
    http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/110898-tour-2013-rumours-and-info/page__st__300

German Dates Confirmed via Eventim

26.05.2013 München - Olympiastadion
    28.05.2013 Hannover - AWD Arena
    05.07.2013 Mönchengladbach - Borussia-Park
    07.07.2013 Leipzig - Red Bull Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

I love Bruce and have travelled to quite a few countries to see him. But for '13 the jury's out. I booked a hotel in Paris with my travelling tramp buddies a number of weeks ago as the 29th June was being talked about. Thinking I will only do this one and the Irish ones. Even though he is still top of his game and at his peak and is still pulling rarities out of the bag and still playing marathon concerts I simply can't afford to follow him around next year. Unless of course he would like to do a few free gigs to reward loyalty :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

Italian dates to be confirmed today at 14:00 h via
    https://www.facebook.com/BarleyArtsPromotion#!/BarleyArtsPromotion

Germany on sale now
    Paris on sale 5th Dec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The Rick O'Shea Show On RTE 2FM
    ‎*ahem*

I'll be announcing Bruce Springsteen's Irish tour dates and locations immediately after 2 on RTÉ 2fm.

And yes, I said location*s*...

https://www.facebook.com/therickosheashow

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Actually so nervous about this announcement. I won't be able to get the money so close to Christmas. It's so soon after the last time. Don't get me wrong if I could I would be the first one there but I would rather if it was summer '14. Gonna absolutely kill me to miss this :/

Just another few minutes and we will know !!!

Come on already - just a few minutes to go

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

limerick July 16th
    cork July 18th
    Belfast July 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

No Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

No yet anyway

rick O'Shea and Aiken on Facebook confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Kings hall belfast only holds 7800, who came up with this bright idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Limerick, cork and Belfast.....really? I think he left out Derry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

It's up on the Aiken website too. I was wondering about the King's Hall, thought the Odyssey would be a bigger venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Odyssey is about 15k afaik, seen the ESB there before and I thought it was too small, Kings Hall is a strange decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Amazing news. Would be incredible to see him in a smallish arena like King's Hall but tickets will be very hard to get. Strange it's not the Odyssey. €90 for GE? Doubt that includes booking fee so it would be almost €100 to stand. He's pretty much the only act I would pay that much for. He is in a totally different league when it comes to live performing.

Anyone find it off that when you go into it on ticketmaster the whole page has a Robbie Williams background?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,894 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Limerick! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Cork nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

It'll be out the back of the King's Hall, where Pink played in 2010. It's a lot bigger out there.

Pairc Ui Chaoimh, Kings Hall?

Welcome to 1988 Bruce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Pairc Ui Chaoimh is a shocking stadium!!!

• Advertisement

It was shocking the last time I was there... and that was for Michael Jackson in 1988!

Advertisement