Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Pairc Ui Chaoimh is a shocking stadium!!!

Was thinking the same thing - they were talking about doing it up recently though......in like 10 years time:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Good to see someone playing the south of the country for a change ,I'm fed up of having to go to Dublin to see bands,its a very costly experience .
    Its almost easier to fly to the Uk.

I'm surprised that Bruce has chosen Limerick and Cork,surely it is one or the other ,not both.

Last time I was at a gig in Pairc Ui Chaoimh was Zoo Tv ,one of the best gigs I have ever attended.
    The new seating that they put in there is shocking though ,plastic seating ,only suitable for kids such is the limited leg room between each seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Being from Dublin, I'm kinda happy it's not in Dublin. I'm looking forward to heading to Cork for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Zardoz wrote: »
    Good to see someone playing the south of the country for a change ,I'm fed up of having to go to Dublin to see bands,its a very costly experience .
    Its almost easier to fly to the Uk.

I'm surprised that Bruce has chosen Limerick and Cork,surely it is one or the other ,not both.

Last time I was at a gig in Pairc Ui Chaoimh was Zoo Tv ,one of the best gigs I have ever attended.
    The new seating that they put in there is shocking though ,plastic seating ,only suitable for kids such is the limited leg room between each seat.

Awful seats altogether and the colour scheme isn't easy on the eye either!! Only cover on one side of the stadium aswell!!

Tickets are priced €90 for general admission and €100 for seated.
    That is fairly saucy to be fair ,he could do with taking 10-15 euro off to ensure its a sell out .
    80,000 tickets is alot to sell for two gigs only 60 miles apart and on a midweek night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Kings hall belfast only holds 7800, who came up with this bright idea?

It's outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

It's outdoors.

Just saw that their outdoor capacity is 20,000:

http://www.kingshall.co.uk/news/detail/420df980-9a5b-4945-9a92-830a1d62e8be

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hmmmm Limerick or Beflast

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Limerick Or Cork :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Cork is closer To Waterford but is a ****e statium
    Limerick is further but its a nicer venue

Decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

He was fantastic when I saw him over the summer, but 100quid for limerick is pretty steep :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

playing limerick and cork is a mad decision, both venues only 90mins away from each other, one will sell the other won't.

as for the king's hall........nuff said.

i might go abroad this time to see him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

who_ru wrote: »
    playing limerick and cork is a mad decision, both venues only 90mins away from each other, one will sell the other won't.

as for the king's hall........nuff said.

i might go abroad this time to see him.

I agree, absolutely ridiculous booking

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

He was fantastic when I saw him over the summer, but 100quid for limerick is pretty steep :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

nm wrote: »
    I agree, absolutely ridiculous booking
    Aiken biting off more than they can chew here. there is the little matter of a rather large recession happening in this country, and post next week we will all have less in our pockets.

i can see either limerick or cork being pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Aiken biting off more than they can chew here. there is the little matter of a rather large recession happening in this country, and post next week we will all have less in our pockets.

I agree that Aiken have bitten off a bit too much here. Why not put Cork and Belfast on sale first and see how sales go and then add Limerick in a few weeks/months time if demand is really high!!

Aiken had to cancel Elton John at Pairc Ui Chaoimh a number of years ago.

While I applaud the decision to have a concert in the South of the country ,I think its silly to have 2 concerts .
    At the price the tickets are ,Springsteen would be very happy to sell 30-35k for each venue .

Pairc Ui Chaoimh isnt that bad a venue ,the RDS is hardly Wembley to be fair.

• Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭CUPimus

Didn't get to see him in the RDS, but bring on July 13!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They should of put him on in the Marquee in Cork.

Limerick and Belfast the outdoor shows
    The Marquee In Cork as the small indoor show.

Whats Kings Hall like as a venue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Really? I can't see either being pulled. Massive interest in the Limerick gig anyway, there's been rumour year after year he might go there

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wonder will they wait till after next week to announce UK shows? If so it could be a good idea since a lot of people will prob book tickets for at least one show over here .
    think its limerick for me anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Hmmm it's strange scheduling alright. Does Aiken have the call on this exclusively or is there input from Bruce's camp?

Belfast is a guaranteed sell given the capacity and location. One of the best gigs I have seen was the one in the Oddyssey in 07 - great crowd.

Everyone I have talked to today is looking at Thomond. Think it will go and Cork is meant to be the over spill but I think Cork will struggle. He probably could have done Dublin, Belfast and Thomond.

Recession, expensive prices and the fact that he has played here over 10 times in past 5/6 years make it a difficult sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Hotels booking up really quickly in Belfast and Limerick. Belfast is now reported as an outdoor gig with capacity of 20,000 so ups chances of tickets a little

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Time to change the title Dixiefly!

Not a chance any of these concerts will be pulled, although sale date is the day after the budget!

He probably could have done Dublin, Belfast and Thomond.

That would make so much more sense

I know Cork has a capacity of 40k or so, Thomond from google is a bit smaller at 26k.

I can see the Cork gig suffering. Dunno why that was booked.

Probably gonna go to Belfast myself, it's closer and a much handier drive from Dublin, and it's on a Saturday which is the biggest factor - dont have to take two days off. Real pity it's not indoors though, was excited about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

does anyone know if there will be any gold circle tickets on sell?? im small & no way am l getting stuck in a crowd of 30k+ :( it doesnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

More added, incl UK:

May 26 – Munich, Germany – Olympiastadion – on sale Dec. 1 at eventim.de
    May 28 – Hannover, German – AWD Arena – on sale Dec. 1 at eventim.de
    May 30 – Naples, Italy – Piazza Plebiscito – on sale Dec. 7 at ticketone.it
    June 1 – Padova, Italy – Stadio Euganeo – on sale Dec. 7 at ticketone.it
    June 3 – Milan, Italy – Stadio San Siro – on sale Dec. 1 at ticketone.it
    June 15 – London, England – Wembley Stadium – on sale Dec. 7 at ticketmaster.co.uk
    June 18 – Glasgow, Scotland – Hampden Park – on sale Dec. 07 at livenation.co.uk
    June 20 – Coventry, England – Ricoh Arena – on sale Dec. 7 at livenation.co.uk
    June 22- Nijmegen, Netherlands – Goffertpark – on sale Dec. 4 at ticketmaster.nl
    June 29 – Paris, France – Stade de France – on sale Dec. 5 at gdp.fr
    July 5 – Mönchengladbach, Germany – Borussia-Park – on sale Dec. 1 at eventim.de
    July 7 – Leipzig, Germany – Red Bull Arena – on sale Dec. 1 at eventim.de
    July 11 – Rome, Italy – Rock in Roma – on sale Dec. 10 at ticketone.it
    July 13 – Werchter, Belgium – Rock Werchter – on sale Dec. 1 at twclassic.be
    July 16 – Limerick, Ireland – Thomond Park – on sale Dec. 6 at ticketmaster.ie
    July 18 – Cork, Ireland – Páirc Uí Chaoimh – on sale Dec. 6 at ticketmaster.ie
    July 20 – Belfast, Ireland – King’s Hall – on sale Dec. 6 at ticketmaster.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

June 18th Glasgow. The Big Mans anniversary :(
    See you all there ;)

Advertisement