Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Cany believe some of the comments here.

The Price.Gone up from 86 to 90 for standing.Hardly a huge increase from this past summer.You're getting a 3.5 hour show, thats DOUBLE what most acts do!Almost 30 songs a night!Check out some of the prices for other artists who play the same setlist every night of their tour and only play for 80 minutes!

The Venues.These wont bother Bruce.Cork and Belfast may not be ideal but he's played at worse places and put on terrific shows.Limerick is the charm and the standout for me.Thomond will be superb.

The Demand.None of these shows will be pulled, thats plain stupid.When was the last time a Bruce show was pulled due to low sales?!NEVER played in Cork or Limerick.These will be big attraction places for the huge foreign contingent that always travel for his shows aswell as those that will come from Dublin as there's no show there this time, ASWELL as the people of Munster who dont get to see a show like this in their own backyard very often/ever.

Wouldnt be at all surprised to see both Limerick and Belfast sell out on the day of sale and Cork by showtime will have at least 25-30,000.

Limerick and Cork for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

ankaragucu wrote: »

The Price.Gone up from 86 to 90 for standing.Hardly a huge increase from this past summer.You're getting a 3.5 hour show, thats DOUBLE what most acts do!Almost 30 songs a night!Check out some of the prices for other artists who play the same setlist every night of their tour and only play for 80 minutes!

The Venues.These wont bother Bruce.Cork and Belfast may not be ideal but he's played at worse places and put on terrific shows.Limerick is the charm and the standout for me.Thomond will be superb.

The Demand.None of these shows will be pulled, thats plain stupid.When was the last time a Bruce show was pulled due to low sales?!NEVER played in Cork or Limerick.These will be big attraction places for the huge foreign contingent that always travel for his shows aswell as those that will come from Dublin as there's no show there this time, ASWELL as the people of Munster who dont get to see a show like this in their own backyard very often/ever.

Wouldnt be at all surprised to see both Limerick and Belfast sell out on the day of sale and Cork by showtime will have at least 25-30,000.

hear hear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

nm wrote: »
    Whats Kings Hall like as a venue?

Good enough, it's all on stone from what I remember, so shouldnt be a mudfest if its wet, Pink would have been the last to play it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I know Cork has a capacity of 40k or so, Thomond from google is a bit smaller at 26k.

That's the capacity for matches (stand and terraces), there'll be more at it when you factor in standing on the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

leakyboots wrote: »
    That's the capacity for matches (stand and terraces), there'll be more at it when you factor in standing on the pitch

It tends to balance out when you consider that one terrace will be closed to accomodate the stage and the first block of seats on each of the main stands will be closed off because of restricted views due to the stage being placed on the pitch!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

does any one know how many tickets you will be allowed buy?
    Mywife and I will be going to both Limerick and Cork, and my parents/sister want me to pick up tickets for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

Cant see Cork selling out quickly. Thomond will definitely sell out I'd imagine. The spread on the dates makes it a limited attraction to any of us in from mainland Europe, especially as most travelling fans now want to go to either Barcelona, Milan or any Scandinavian dates that crop up. Still you'll get some hard core fans travelling especially to Cork. Also one off gigs are less attractive than multiple nights with the way the setlists have been and also travelling expenses.

If anyone here is thinking of travelling around Europe these are the ones to go for, especially Norway and Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I reckon all gigs will sell out. No question.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭8mv

Huge excitement around Limerick for this. I think they have left a date free for possible extra shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

perrier wrote: »
    The spread on the dates makes it a limited attraction to any of us in from mainland Europe, especially as most travelling fans now want to go to either Barcelona, Milan or any Scandinavian dates that crop up.

This is a key point. If any of the Irish shows were back-to-back, they'd stand a much better chance of getting people over to double-up on performances, or indeed, getting people from elsewhere in this country (Dublin, for instance) to make a road trip of it and get two shows out of a three-day jaunt.
    As things stand, anyone from outside the country may look to other places. Five days in Ireland will only get them three shows, while elsewhere, based on previous tours, you could get three shows in four days, and (most likely) with better set lists. That may sound pedantic, but you're saving a day's expense, and if you're not living in Ireland anyway, why wouldn't you look elsewhere to do multiple gigs?
    It's no secret that the places you've mentioned generally get a more diverse set list too. The Irish gigs don't get that many obscure songs, and those we have got in the past (41 Shots, The Promise, even Kitty's Back) have often been met with indifference by a portion (I'm not going to debate how large a portion) of the crowd who don't know them. Compared to, say, the Scandinavian audiences, I think Bruce regards the Irish fanbase as being a more "greatest hits" type of crowd. I know that's a sweeping generalisation, but it's true.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭CUPimus

I've never been to a concert at the Kings Hall before, its an outdoor concert I think it should be pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

CUPimus wrote: »
    I've never been to a concert at the Kings Hall before, its an outdoor concert I think it should be pretty good!

Looks like its on the outdoor Arena for showjumping, no seating 100% GA looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

I think Bruce will treat Limerick and Cork AS a double shot!He'll know there'll be plenty of people, myself included, attending both those shows as they're only a bit over an hour drive apart.The setlist will be changed up accordingly.
    Anyway, when Thomond sells out next Thursday we might get an extra show there on Weds 17th!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think Bruce will treat Limerick and Cork AS a double shot!He'll know there'll be plenty of people, myself included, attending both those shows as they're only a bit over an hour drive apart.The setlist will be changed up accordingly.
    Anyway, when Thomond sells out next Thursday we might get an extra show there on Weds 17th!

They would be better off not adding a second date in Thomand and hopefully allow people to get tickets for either of the 2 other shows .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

They would be better off not adding a second date in Thomand and hopefully allow people to get tickets for either of the 2 other shows .

I agree. A second in Limerick gig would surely decimate the Cork show completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

I live in Netherlands and I'm from Limerick so I might catch him in Nijmegen and then pop home in July to see him in Thomond Park.

Nijmegen tickets go on sale Saturday, EUR75. The concert starts at 4.30pm on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Can someone tell me what the "munster presale" is, I presume there's no o2 priority sale then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

This is a key point. If any of the Irish shows were back-to-back, they'd stand a much better chance of getting people over to double-up on performances, or indeed, getting people from elsewhere in this country (Dublin, for instance) to make a road trip of it and get two shows out of a three-day jaunt.
    As things stand, anyone from outside the country may look to other places. Five days in Ireland will only get them three shows, while elsewhere, based on previous tours, you could get three shows in four days, and (most likely) with better set lists. That may sound pedantic, but you're saving a day's expense, and if you're not living in Ireland anyway, why wouldn't you look elsewhere to do multiple gigs?
    It's no secret that the places you've mentioned generally get a more diverse set list too. The Irish gigs don't get that many obscure songs, and those we have got in the past (41 Shots, The Promise, even Kitty's Back) have often been met with indifference by a portion (I'm not going to debate how large a portion) of the crowd who don't know them. Compared to, say, the Scandinavian audiences, I think Bruce regards the Irish fanbase as being a more "greatest hits" type of crowd. I know that's a sweeping generalisation, but it's true.

Hmmm, that's got me thnking.....does that mean 'Night 2 rule' will not apply? I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

I agree. A second in Limerick gig would surely decimate the Cork show completely.

Not a chance of three in a row these days....especially in two different locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Can someone tell me what the "munster presale" is, I presume there's no o2 priority sale then.

Munster pre-sale will be for the Munster Rugby Ten Year Ticket holders in Thomond Park who get priority on other events run in the ground barr Rugby. Not sure if full supporters club members are also entitled to this.

O2 priority sale is only available for gigs in the O2 I would presume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Hmmm, that's got me thnking.....does that mean 'Night 2 rule' will not apply? I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't.

Good point. By that rationale, Cork will have a better set list than Limerick, and - if you're going by 2008 standards, when the third RDS show was phenomenal - Belfast is actually the one to go for. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Time to change the title Dixiefly!

Not a chance any of these concerts will be pulled, although sale date is the day after the budget!

Not sure if I can change the title, up to the mod I suppose. The choice of venues is a little odd. I think they will sell out, I just think that there won't be the same panic as other years as people will reasonably figure that they will get tickets closer to the event, especially those that are flexible on the venue.

As I said before, I think they could leave pit tickets at the €90 but other general admission prices would be ample at €70. A lot of people would LIKE to go to 2 concerts but it is getting expensive with the prices and possibly at least one lay over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Maybe bit early for this post but anywho, for thursday are many people thinkin of quein for ticks, for thomond specifically or cork even? If so.any idea what time to be in que to be almost sure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

was just on ticketmaster, how come you can only buy tix for limerick & belfast?

was just on ticketmaster, how come you can only buy tix for limerick & belfast?

They might not have an exact capacity for Páirc Uí Chaoimh. When was the last time there was a concert there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Jofspring wrote: »
    They might not have an exact capacity for Páirc Uí Chaoimh. When was the last time there was a concert there?

Oasis in 1996.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Out of all the stadiums in Ireland why on earth did they pick this kip.
    Was there for a few gaa matches

The Tunnels in the stands are Death Traps and a nightmare to get in and out off.
    The Toliet Facilites are a disgrace
    They only have a very small shop and its inside the tunnels
    They dont have a proper bar
    In fairness for the price we are paying for tickets and then we are subject to such bad facilties in Cork.

When you think about it where is the merchandise stand going to go, where will the dressing rooms be and will they have mobile bars and cartering services there.

Id fear a crush in the tunnels especially with the size of the crowd that will be there.

Anyway i will be looking for seating tickets next thursday morning. If all fails with Thomond Park than its Cork for me but its hard to judge without a concert seating chart of Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

Anyone who is familar with Thomond Park at concerts whats the best section in either stands to be in ???

The stage will be in front of the north terrace so sections 204 to 209 would have the best angle in the east stand and section 217 to 212 in the west stand. If it was me I wouldn't fancy sitting any higher than the single letter rows I.e Row CC would be high and steep.

For the best view it will have to be pitch all the way in Thomond park unless you can get for example section 216 Row A-Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

In the past Pairc Ui Chaoimh has held: U2 twice 83 + 87,Michael Jackson 2 shows in 88 (110,000 crowd),Prince in 1990,Feile 95 (inc Blur-Paul Weller-Stone Roses),Oasis in 96 - 2 shows (~90,000)

http://www.setlist.fm/venue/pairc-ui-chaoimh-cork-ireland-7bd626e0.html

The weird thing is that they are supposed to be starting the redevelopment soon after the Springsteen concert next year and hope to finish by 2015.

The state its in now(a complete sh1thole),I dont know why they cant wait 2 years and have a big act to open the stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If we dont get tickets for Thomand , Belfast will be number 2 choice

Advertisement