Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

To Cork or to Limerick, that is the question...

im in the same boat as you...think im pushing towards limerick...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Roqueandrolle.

im in the same boat as you...think im pushing towards limerick...:confused:

Same here; those on other forums are saying Thomond is a much nicer venue than Cork - it's just that I've only been to Limerick once so I don't know the city at all, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Same here; those on other forums are saying Thomond is a much nicer venue than Cork - it's just that I've only been to Limerick once so I don't know the city at all, etc.

l dont limerick at all! l know cork city a bit..would love to go to both & belfast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Limerick is a fairly handy city to get around - Thomond Park is only a 30 min walk from the train station. There is a taxi rank right outside the train station as well if you didn't feel like walking. There are also buses going out past Thomond Park.
    Thomond Park is a nice venue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭8mv

Tickets secured for Thomond Park!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Woohoo - going to Thomond!!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Do ticketmaster not accept laser? Don't have my credit card with me at work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

they accept laser and visa debit. I had issue earlier with verifying my visa debit though, but it worked on the second attempt and I think it was just a prob with the browser I was using rather than ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Tickets secured for Thomond AND Belfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

managed to get tickets for all 3, after 90 long hard sweaty minutes of ticketmaster messing me about and making me think all had sold out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

stinkle wrote: »
    they accept laser and visa debit. I had issue earlier with verifying my visa debit though, but it worked on the second attempt and I think it was just a prob with the browser I was using rather than ticketmaster
    Not for Belfast apparently what are the odds of Belfast selling out today?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

cee_jay wrote: »
    Limerick is a fairly handy city to get around - Thomond Park is only a 30 min walk from the train station. There is a taxi rank right outside the train station as well if you didn't feel like walking. There are also buses going out past Thomond Park.
    Thomond Park is a nice venue too.

Also, the 302 bus will bring you to Thomond Park from the City and vice versa...

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

Hey can anyone quickly help me, I got tickets. I ticked the GA box, then paid the GA price but it says -

Stand G3 - Seats 698

Stand G13 - Seats 554

Section Pitch - Row G13 Seats 239?

Is this to do with the pit?, something about keeping track of numbers for the pitch area...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Cremated wrote: »
    Hey can anyone quickly help me, I got tickets. I ticked the GA box, then paid the GA price but it says -

Stand G3 - Seats 698

Stand G13 - Seats 554

Section Pitch - Row G13 Seats 239?

Is this to do with the pit?, something about keeping track of numbers for the pitch area...

It's the same for Munster matches - even if you've a terrace ticket it'll have a "seat" number on it. It's to keep track of numbers, like you said

• Registered Users Posts: 45,491 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Limerick sorted.

Did it sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Im going to both Cork and Limerick!!! Christmas is cancelled!!! All my moneys spent on the boss!!

Thomond park has covered seating at the west and east sides. Cork is kinda like a bowl shape, is there covered seating there? would the sound be good in cork with the shape of it?? Would the wind interfere?

The sound for Oasis in 1996 was unreal and could be heard up to 10 miles away.I had ringing ears afterwards but it was all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Limerick sorted.

Did it sell out?

According to ticketmaster twitter, it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Limerick - Thomoand Park is completely sold out

Belfast - Kings Hall(outdoor standing only) is completely sold out

Cork - Pairc Ui Chaoimh all seats are sold out, standing still available.

Three standing Tix for Belfast cost me €318 thanks to Ticketmaster.That was in person.£79 each became €106 each after the tickemaster IMF-like treatment.Wouldn't mind if all that price was going to Bruce coz he's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Good to see the tickets sell so well.
    I think this shows that people in the South of the country will support good concerts .
    Hopefully there will be far more big gigs in Cork and Limerick in the next few years .
    Its nice not to have to fork out for the train and hotel .

• Advertisement

You won't get anything bigger than a Bruce show in Cork, Limerick or anywhere else for that matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

ankaragucu wrote: »
    You won't get anything bigger than a Bruce show in Cork, Limerick or anywhere else for that matter!

I wonder did they keep a few thousand tickets back for release closer to the gig, that has been done in the past to counteract the touts (though I am not sure how effective that is).

dixiefly wrote: »
    I wonder did they keep a few thousand tickets back for release closer to the gig, that has been done in the past to counteract the touts (though I am not sure how effective that is).
    Yes ,they always hold some back .
    They will put more tickets on sale when they a better layout of the stage,viewing angles ,etc.

Do most people in seats at Springsteen concerts sit or stand for most of the show ?

Well Max stays seated the entire show!
    Only one that does mind.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I have tickets for all 3 shows. Limerick, Cork and Belfast here I come!! Booked hotels when the date where confirmed so all I have to do is sit back and wait.

I am hearing that anyone who got seats for Cork, in the uncovered stand, is in for a rough time, as the seats apparently are extremely uncomfortable as they are crammed in, making the legroom available on Ryanair flights feel like first class !

It's unfortunate the venue in Cork has not been invested in, over its 40 year history, allthough plans are afoot for this.
    The last big concert there was in 1996 - Oasis, and since then, it is against H & S rules to use standing terraces at gigs, so they will remain unoccupied for gigs, reducing the capacity of Pairc Ui Chaoimh considerably, as the standing terrace opposite the stage holds around 12,000 for matches, but for this gig, it will be empty.
    The Limerick standing terrace will also be unoccupied.

I have tickets for all 3 shows. Limerick, Cork and Belfast here I come!! Booked hotels when the date where confirmed so all I have to do is sit back and wait.

Well done you, as all the hotels in Cork in particular, have doubled in price since the announcement.

All 3 gigs are declared sell outs now,so much for the recession

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

fafy wrote: »
    Well done you, as all the hotels in Cork in particular, have doubled in price since the announcement.

I booked the hotels the day the concerts where announced so got them at normal price. I knew they would double and be hard to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Yeah, just got 2 tickets for Stockholm in May. Went on sale this morning. :D

Advertisement