Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

I was able to buy a ticket for Saturday a few nights ago, nearly died of excitement!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

I have a spare seated ticket for Limerick available - pm me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

does anyone know whats the story with getting into the pit in thomond park?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Same as every Bruce gig........get there early, and youll get rewarded!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

does anyone know whats the story with getting into the pit in thomond park?

Would imagine same as every other gig.. get in that que, get the pass.

• Advertisement

So, I'm going to the Saturday gig at Nowlan Park. Do you think there'll be many people queueing overnight? I'm willing to do that to get to the front-ish area. It's my first Bruce gig, I want to get right up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

So, I'm going to the Saturday gig at Nowlan Park. Do you think there'll be many people queueing overnight? I'm willing to do that to get to the front-ish area. It's my first Bruce gig, I want to get right up there!

There'll be some queing overnight for sure. I'd consider myself a die-hard Bruce fan queing up 2 days in a row from 11 the morning of the gig. But there were some that I'd called mental die hards, leaving the front row of the first gig before it was over to start a que for the second. I was 5/6 rows from the front and centre queing from 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

In the RDS last year I walked straight through the gates about 2 hours before the show and got 6-7 rows from the front just off centre of thr stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Tickets came this morning!!! Mega excited now!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

In the RDS last year I walked straight through the gates about 2 hours before the show and got 6-7 rows from the front just off centre of thr stage!
    exactly no need to que for days beforehand, totally unnecessary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Had a dream last night l was at the concert but watch on the tv!! all this talk of when to que is getting to me! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

F4890B46174141598E72FAEFC2A59BDC-0000360871-0003155446-00800L-145CF129B8B648C686DF5533C421C9B0.jpg

RDS 18/7/2012

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

not too long to go now only 3.2 months to go til hes in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I've qued for maybe 4 Bruce concerts and pit passes have only been handed out for one and that was last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Their were pit passes the last 3 times he played here, I qued the first time and found you could get in anyway if you went into the regular que early enough, still far later than the pit que which can start the day before.

Arrived at 2pm last years, easily got a ipt pass and was comfortably in the first 10 rows.. no need to overly que

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I have an ad over on toutless.com for 2 spares standing both nights if anyone's still looking? Just thought I'd mention it here because not much traffic over there.

http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=1&t=16774

If anyone is still looking tickets are available on ticketmaster for both nights in Kilkenny :)
    Standing tickets too.

Anyone gonna do a song request for any of the nights?

Anyone gonna do a song request for any of the nights?

I'd really like him to play "the Promise", but how do you go about requesting it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'd really like him to play "the Promise", but how do you go about requesting it?

Bring your own signs

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Josh Ritter & The Royal City Band and 2013 Choice Prize Winners Delorentos have been added to Bruce Springsteen's Wrecking Ball Weekender in Nowlan Park, Kilkenny, on July 27 and 28.

Josh Ritter will join Glen Hansard and Damien Dempsey on Saturday's bill, while Delorentos will share Sunday's stage with Imelda May and LAPD (featuring Liam O'Flynn, Andy Irvine, Paddy Glackin & Dónal Lunny).

Pure gutted im going to Belfast, Delos supporting the boss is nothing short of dream lineup for me!!

He's back in Europe, plays an indoor football stadium/arena tomorrow night in Oslo.url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=sRcGVZHx36L4EM&tbnid=rCiuPj8_D04zZM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgagadaily.com%2Findex.php%3Fshowtopic%3D29294&ei=w2N9UeqDLsPE7Aa4_IFg&bvm=bv.45645796,d.ZGU&psig=AFQjCNHOdIL_i6noDrpuqdFTmUet_VuVqQ&ust=1367258184241582

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    He's back in Europe, plays an indoor football stadium/arena tomorrow night in Oslo.url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=sRcGVZHx36L4EM&tbnid=rCiuPj8_D04zZM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgagadaily.com%2Findex.php%3Fshowtopic%3D29294&ei=w2N9UeqDLsPE7Aa4_IFg&bvm=bv.45645796,d.ZGU&psig=AFQjCNHOdIL_i6noDrpuqdFTmUet_VuVqQ&ust=1367258184241582

That's really exciting, can't wait to see what the setlist is!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Fantastic News indeed!!!

Could everyone please add Spoiler tags if they are posting the set lists here,

I find it really takes away from the show, knowing what is coming next,

I know Bruce is an exception of sorts to this, but the show always has a general structure which doesn't change for the most part,

Thanks!

Soundcheck:

Better Days

Spirit In The Night

We Take Care Of Our Own

And Follow That Dream according BTX

103072_ori_telenor_arena.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Soundcheck:

103072_ori_telenor_arena.jpg

That seems like a really strange place for a gig. I can't see how the sound is gonna be great with a roof like that. If it's anything like the last time he played around that part of the world the setlists will be great.

EDIT: He done 4 songs before the show with just him and a guitar. This should be a good show

Oh dear Stevie.....

• Advertisement

Advertisement