Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

poundhound wrote: »
    Well it's only my opinion, but Bowie and Roger Waters gigs have consistently blown me away.

I will say that Springsteens performance of "Adam raised a Cain" in the RDS last year will remain with me for a long time.
    it was outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

BITUSA full album tonight in Stockholm

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Spr1ngsteen

Hmmmm, don't like the look of that Stockholm setlist from tonight. I'm sure it was a fun show (Springsteen shows always are), but has a real "greatest hits" look about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

huh? it was either a full album show or it wasnt?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Spr1ngsteen

Yeah, full album show, BITUSA.

Was just pointing out that the setlist was pretty boring looking for a die-hard fan. Considering the second night from Turku a few days ago, i just thought he would open up the vault and dig a little deeper into his catalogue.

That said, i'm sure it was a fun show as always :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Hmmmm, don't like the look of that Stockholm setlist from tonight. I'm sure it was a fun show (Springsteen shows always are), but has a real "greatest hits" look about it...

i have a feeling that's what we'll be getting when Bruce comes to play Oirland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

who_ru wrote: »
    i have a feeling that's what we'll be getting when Bruce comes to play Oirland.
    To be honest if the average joe is stumping up 100 euro for a gig they probably expect a greatest hits setlist.
    He has mixed it up alot in the past so I dont see why this time will be any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

As a relatively new fan, I'm actually hoping at least one of the two nights in Kilkenny will be a "Greatest Hits" night. It's my first time seeing Bruce live, and as I'll be going both nights, I'm kinda hoping to see all the hits live one night, then some rarities and maybe an album show another night. Either way, I'll be happy enough if between the two nights, I hear Thunder Road, Dancing in the Dark, Born in the USA, Born to Run, The River, Because the Night, She's the One, Badlands and if it's requested, the Promise. I mean, I guess between the two nights it's very likely I'll hear all those, but I guess sometimes you just don't know with Bruce!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Anyone here seen Bruce perform sad eyes? one of my fav songs by him, there only seems to be 1 video of him performing it live on you tube....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Love the look of that Stockholm setlist.

setlist.fm :

We Take Care of Our Own
    Out in the Street
    Wrecking Ball
    The Promised Land
    Death to My Hometown
    Spirit in the Night

Thunder Road
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    Night
    Backstreets
    (with a portion of Sad Eyes Interlude)
    Born to Run

She's the One
    Meeting Across the River
    Jungleland
    Darlington County
    Pay Me My Money Down
    Shackled and Drawn
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    The Rising
    Badlands
    Land of Hope and Dreams

Encore:
    Mountain of Love
    (Johnny Rivers cover) (Bruce solo on acoustic guitar, sign request)
    Born in the U.S.A.
    Glory Days
    (With Elliot Murphy)
    Bobby Jean
    Dancing in the Dark
    Twist and Shout
    (The Top Notes cover)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Anyone here seen Bruce perform sad eyes? one of my fav songs by him, there only seems to be 1 video of him performing it live on you tube....

Apparently, it has only been performed once (solo accoustic on the Devils and Dust tour).

http://brucebase.wikispaces.com/Sad+Eyes

BTW, the Sad Eyes bit in Backstreets is actually an early incarnation of Drive All Night and bears no relation to the above.

^ Any idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hi for the cork gig im sititng in the Uncovered Stand Section D row H

For anyone familar with the statium will i have a good view of the stage concidering i will be sitting 7 rows back from the front ?

14060s_a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/article_thenightspringsteenjumpedthefence.shtml#sthash.kK4Rlapv.dpbs

very good story. rumours a bit of marc cohns 'Walking in Memphis' is about this story.

I knw this has nothing to do with Bruces Current tour or anything

Bruce & Elvis are my 2 fav artists of all time :D

That happened on 29 April, on the same day few weeks back when he was performing in Oslo he sang Follow that dream, an Elvis song...

^ Any idea why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jxFax6wy-Q no this is the one I'm on about...only video I can find him singing it live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jxFax6wy-Q no this is the one I'm on about...only video I can find him singing it live

Yes I know, this is the one and only performance ever.

any idea why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Has he been playing Im on fire at any shows does anyone know?

Still my favourite Bruce song and would love to hear it at either Cork or Kilkenny

• Advertisement

Ya he played the full set of born in the usa in 2 or 3 shows, theres prob been a few requests also, hope he plays it in limerick or kilkenny

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

New Springsteen Documentary will be shown in Ireland on the 22nd July

http://www.springsteenandi.com/

Off to Wembley next week, hoping for Darkness...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Dr. Nick wrote: »

Ditto-dont know of a spare ticket going do you?!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

Dr. Nick wrote: »

Oh man that would be unbelievable. I'll be there too, seated a long way back unfortunately but really looking forward to it. Here's hoping for a bit of fine weather too.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Thanks for that and do you mean cinemas or on TV I wonder. Please let me know, as don't want to miss it.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

havetoquit wrote: »
    Thanks for that and do you mean cinemas or on TV I wonder. Please let me know, as don't want to miss it.

Thanks.

Cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Great and thanks for that.

Hope that will include Wexford Omniplex. Been to Bruce's concerts three times, but have to miss this trip unfortunately. So envious of those who will be there and am sure it will be as great as ever.

Personally, would love to see Bruce in one of those more intimate solo acoustic gigs he does in US for small audiences, where he discusses the lyrics, their origin and so on...very interesting snippets viewed on Utube.

There is so much more to Bruce than we see at the large stadium scenario.

Ditto-dont know of a spare ticket going do you?!

Not unless one of the lads pulls out between now and then which I seriously doubt!

We'll be there early-ish to queue for the pit. Enjoy!

• Advertisement

I follow Kodaline on twitter, they posted this today...

"@Kodaline Bruce Springsteen busking in Camden today #theboss #legend" pic.twitter.com/WZmBh1LfgM

Wonder what thats about....?

Advertisement