Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

I follow Kodaline on twitter, they posted this today...

"@Kodaline Bruce Springsteen busking in Camden today #theboss #legend" pic.twitter.com/WZmBh1LfgM

Wonder what thats about....?

He played an acoustic set for MTV at Camden Lock

988637_626788567332136_920176050_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Darn it; Can't believe that I was there only last week browsing the Sunday market.

If I had known this was going to take place, well..... Still, I imagine it is doubtful that the general public would have been permitted anywhere near where the filming was taking place.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

any idea why?

I'm guessing here but it was an outtake from the Human Touch sessions and Human Touch was not one of his best received works.

Personally speaking, I think the song is pleasant enough but I couldn't see it working with the ESB, particularly in a stadium setting.

Eight people in Wembley Q as of last night......long time to Saturday evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's madness.

Saw my friends Justin Timberlake ticket. It says no queuing prior to the gates opening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Dar93ragh

Kinsale Arts Festival
    13 July .
    Bruce Springsteen and Ireland (2.30pm)

Seeing as The Boss is coming this summer, a number of specially invited Springsteen aficionados discuss his appeal.
    http://kinsaleartsfestival.com/events/banter-with-jim-carroll/

935734_554030601301806_2029600392_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

you in the que atm Dr. Nick?

you in the que atm Dr. Nick?

Nah, not that crazy! Going over Friday pm, will go to Wembley Saturday morning....plenty of time to get into the pit.

Duplicate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Saw my friends Justin Timberlake ticket.

Yeah sure, your 'friends' ticket. I believe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

RainyDay wrote: »
    Yeah sure, your 'friends' ticket. I believe you.

:D

944733_10151971514724196_1110071916_n.jpg

love it when he does that! good time Dr nick? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Cheers for the video - amazing performance. Just reading the reviews of the gig there and it sounds like one of his best ever - certainly in the UK. The setlist is incredible. After being so disappointed at Neil Young's gig at the RDS last night I am so glad I have three Springsteen gigs to look forward to. The man is in a totally different league to anyone else when it comes to putting on a live show.31 songs, nearly 3 and a half hours and something for everyone. He always puts his heart and soul into each performance. There is no better value for money in my view. Roll on the Irish leg next month.

I am hoping we get a full album played at each show. What album would everyone pick for the gig you are going to? Mine would be between BTR and Darkness although BITUSA would be brilliant as everyone song on there is perfect for a stadium show.

I'd love tunnel of love but dont see it happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Wembley was so worth it despite the whole queue fiasco. Sound wasn't great in spots. The echo you hear on Thunder Road was just as it sounded but still my throat was choking and tears were flowing. Racing amazing too. This Hard Land and Light of Day were well welcomed. Thrilled with Darkness. Roll on Paris. If anyone from here is travelling maybe we could meet and intro ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

I'd love tunnel of love but dont see it happening!

I want the Rising, but i havent seen it in full anywhere before!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

loverslane wrote: »
    Wembley was so worth it despite the whole queue fiasco. Sound wasn't great in spots. The echo you hear on Thunder Road was just as it sounded but still my throat was choking and tears were flowing. Racing amazing too. This Hard Land and Light of Day were well welcomed. Thrilled with Darkness. Roll on Paris. If anyone from here is travelling maybe we could meet and intro ourselves

I agree, we got a bit delayed getting there and just missed out on the numbers being given out. They promised that we would still get into the pit but it wasnt to be and we didnt want to waste time arguing but we did get a great spot at the barriers.

One of the best Springsteen concerts I have been to. Highlights of course was when he announced the Darkness album. Also Racing was fantastic as was all of the album, 10th Avenue with the video showing Clarence and Danny through to the acoustic Thunder Road.

Bruce and the band really were immense playing 31 songs I think. Compare to Neil Young's 13 and you have to appreciate the range of songs that Bruce brings to his gigs. I think that Born To Run will definitely get an airing over here but at which gig?

Regarding Paris, my mates that went to the Wembley gig are going and wives are also going but not to the concert. I am actually going to Paris 2 days later on hols with the family but it didnt work out to go to the concert.

• Advertisement

good time Dr nick? :)

One of the best thanks. Now for Paris - at least we have pit tickets this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

what will the layout of the cork gig be like

will it be like match days you will only be allowed up to a certain point without a ticket.

Id imagine all the drink/food/merchandise stalls will be outside the stadium, it would be impossible to put stalls inside the stadium because it such a narrow kip of a place and a huge health and safety risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what will the layout of the cork gig be like

will it be like match days you will only be allowed up to a certain point without a ticket.

Id imagine all the drink/food/merchandise stalls will be outside the stadium, it would be impossible to put stalls inside the stadium because it such a narrow kip of a place and a huge health and safety risk.
    They can put it at one end of the pitch .
    Its a gaa pitch so 40 yards longer than a soccer pitch ,plenty of room .

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Zardoz wrote: »
    They can put it at one end of the pitch .
    Its a gaa pitch so 40 yards longer than a soccer pitch ,plenty of room .

what about the us in the stands we have to be feed and waterd too lol.

That tunnel in the stands is a death trap and also the turnstiles are dangerous too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

**** me I can't wait for Kilkenny now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

For the limerick gig, will people just queue early to try get into the pit or are there special tics for that?

zweton wrote: »
    For the limerick gig, will people just queue early to try get into the pit or are there special tics for that?

Just queue, no pit tickets were on sale in Ireland or the UK, just Paris and some German shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Since the Kilkenny gigs will be smaller crowds, does anyone know yet if there will be a pit, or will the field be just all general admission. I have pitch ticket, and if there is no pit in Kilkenny, then I wouldn't have to set off too early on my 2.5 hour journey there on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

would there be a pit for limerick gig anyone know? first bruce gig and being in pit could be quite memorable!:)

• Advertisement

I think they have to have pit/golden circle these days for safety reasons. I've been to 14 Springsteen shows in the past 5 years and they all had a pit with the exception of Hyde Park.

Advertisement