Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

The thing is, the Kilkenny crowds are supposedly quite small, so there may be no need to have a pit/sectioned off area.

Also, unless I am mistaken, from the pictures, there didn't seem to be a pit area for the Neil Young gig in the RDS last Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Yes,the pit is probably there for safety reasons. it is great when you are on the inside but there has been some poorly organised pit queues in the U.K. (Manchester and Wembley). it is possible that, if not organsed properly, that the safety issues transfer from inside the ground to outside the ground. Some groups of people were getting back into / skipping the queue outside Wembley much to the ire of others that had been waiting for hours.

We were lucky to get a good spot at the barrier but there was a lot of wasted space in the pit. There is no ideal solution. At least, with Bruce the punters that are a bit back from the stage get to supplement their reduced view of the stage with a fantastic big screen on both sides.

I think the best solution would be to have a pit of , say, 5-6,000 persons. issue 5,000 "pit tickets" at a premium of €20. Also, have some sort of loyalty system in which fans that go to several gigs can get access to the pit tickets at standard price. Might work or might not. It is worth checking out as the queueing is getting longer and longer and still no guarantee of getting in. We met some guys that had queued since the day before in Wembley and didnt get in!

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    I think they have to have pit/golden circle these days for safety reasons. I've been to 14 Springsteen shows in the past 5 years and they all had a pit with the exception of Hyde Park.

and, upon reflection, the best one was?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Goreme wrote: »
    Also, unless I am mistaken, from the pictures, there didn't seem to be a pit area for the Neil Young gig in the RDS last Saturday?
    That was because of poor sales. Half the pitch was sealed off so the actual standing area was only slightly bigger than the pit itself would have been.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Looking back over the setlists for 2013 I've only seen full album shows for Darkness on the edge of Town, Born in the USA and Born to Run.

Has anyone seen or heard about any others?

I'd love to hear one of the above, particularly Darkness on the edge of Town, I'm guessing there is no way of knowing which if any of these will get a run in Ireland.

• Advertisement

tracert wrote: »
    That was because of poor sales. Half the pitch was sealed off so the actual standing area was only slightly bigger than the pit itself would have been.

That's right, there was 18,00 or so at Neil Young, and it holds 32,000 or so and that's why there was no pit area. So for Bruce in Kilkenny the crowd is approx. 20,000, unless I'm wrong, so again, there would be no need for a pit/crowd safety area, I was thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

adrian522 wrote: »
    Looking back over the setlists for 2013 I've only seen full album shows for Darkness on the edge of Town, Born in the USA and Born to Run.

Has anyone seen or heard about any others?

I'd love to hear one of the above, particularly Darkness on the edge of Town, I'm guessing there is no way of knowing which if any of these will get a run in Ireland.

That's all he's done this tour

dixiefly wrote: »
    and, upon reflection, the best one was?

Last year RDS night 2, 2008 RDS night 3, 2009 night 2, last Saturday.......in no particular order!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Are all the Irish gigs completely sold out at this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

^ pretty sure they are

• Advertisement

There will be tickets available especially for Limerick and Cork concerts. Keep an eye out on toutless, adverts.ie, buy and sell etc.

Also some of the guys here are on some other Springsteen forums and I think fans buy and sell tickets on some of them also.

dixiefly wrote: »
    There will be tickets available especially for Limerick and Cork concerts. Keep an eye out on toutless, adverts.ie, buy and sell etc.

Also some of the guys here are on some other Springsteen forums and I think fans buy and sell tickets on some of them also.

Yes Limerick and Belfast tickets for sale on Greasy lake last time I looked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

JokerD wrote: »
    Are all the Irish gigs completely sold out at this stage?

Ticketmaster have KK tix for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

only 4 weeks to go til the boss is in Ireland. Cork is first up for me. Liking the setlists so far on the tour.

Would love to hear The River (it must be played in Cork because the Statium is located next to a river)

BTR tonight, dedicated to James Gandolfini

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    BTR tonight, dedicated to James Gandolfini
    ah yeah forgot Steven Van Zendt was in the Sopranos

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ah yeah forgot Steven Van Zendt was in the Sopranos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

PTH2009 wrote: »
    only 4 weeks to go til the boss is in Ireland. Cork is first up for me. Liking the setlists so far on the tour.

Would love to hear The River (it must be played in Cork because the Statium is located next to a river)

by that logic it must be in thomond too :P

Does anyone have the crowd capacity at each of the venues in Ireland which Bruce is playing this summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

You can find the capacity for each venue on Wikipedia but you'd probably have to subtract a thousand or two because of the stage. I can't find a capacity for King's Hall Arena, only the indoor capacity.

• Advertisement

JJ wrote: »
    You can find the capacity for each venue on Wikipedia but you'd probably have to subtract a thousand or two because of the stage. I can't find a capacity for King's Hall Arena, only the indoor capacity.

Ohhh I don't know... wiki is reknowned for inaccuracies! I was hopeful some knowledgeable Bruce fan here would have the info to hand!

This is true, maybe if you ask the people at Aiken nicely, they might tell you:

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/contact-aiken-promotions.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Think it's around 20,000.

This is true, maybe if you ask the people at Aiken nicely, they might tell you:

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/contact-aiken-promotions.html

Thanks, but considering the response from Aiken in the Irish Times to the Neil Young and Crazy Horse debacle last weekend, which was basically "Nothing to do with me mate" - I would take any info from them with a bucket of salt!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 4893

Sorry to hijack thread... but anyone know of anywhere on outskirts of Kilkenny that me and the hubby could stay for the Sat night gig in Kilkenny?

I booked Portlaoise out of desperation but its a good bit outta the way........:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Try calling the tourist office in KK and asking for a list of B&B's but be prepared for a lot of calls on the phone.

There's going to be a lot of hotel and B&B owners in the Kilkenny area counting their moneybags in late July.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 4893

Oh I know! Couldn't believe that all the hotels were booked up so early! Really wasn't organised for that!

Does anyone know where we would get parking near Nowlan Park for the gig?? Heard the parking isn't great round it... Want somewhere that I can park all day.....

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I am in the same predicament myself!

Everywhere seems totally booked up all around Kilkenny!
    Everybody must be travelling to this damn gig! I didn't expect this sort of fiasco either!

The nearest place I could find to stay, on looking two nights ago, was a hotel 45 minutes away in Thurles!
    Which was charging a pretty penny!

• Advertisement

Waterford city is only about 20-30 mins away from Kilkenny City and theres plenty of hotels.

Carlow Town is located near Kilkenny City Too

Theres a hotel called the Rhu Glen which is located just outside Sliverue County Kilkenny and mite have some rooms available

Advertisement