Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Need to be organised lads, city-centre BnB booked straight after the tickets were secured on morning of release ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,053 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Need to be organised lads, city-centre BnB booked straight after the tickets were secured on morning of release ;)[/QUOTE

Had hotel booked before tickets went on sale :D]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Need to be organised lads, city-centre BnB booked straight after the tickets were secured on morning of release ;)[/QUOTE

Had hotel booked before tickets went on sale :D]

Went one better, got born and lived in the city for 50 years before the tickets went on sale. Was a bugger having to travel to all the other gigs but totally worth it to be able to walk home after this one.

What about the pit queue in KK Tommy? There were 3,000 people outside Wembley at 12.30 last week!

I'v no idea, Nolan park will have about 15,000 capicity with the stage closing the town end so maybe another 10,000 pitch standing, is that even worth a pit? especially as theirs a line up of 4 support acts.
    If their is I can go out and get a number and have my dinner brought to me:P

• Advertisement

tommy2bad wrote: »
    I'v no idea, Nolan park will have about 15,000 capicity with the stage closing the town end so maybe another 10,000 pitch standing, is that even worth a pit? especially as theirs a line up of 4 support acts.
    If their is I can go out and get a number and have my dinner brought to me:P

Obviously nothing like Wembley queue but I'd expect a LOT of out of towners who will queue.....some from Thursday. At least 1,000 there by midday Saturday I'd say.

Then there's the whole queueing thing for Sunday - possibly the last E Street performance in Europe ever!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Obviously nothing like Wembley queue but I'd expect a LOT of out of towners who will queue.....some from Thursday. At least 1,000 there by midday Saturday I'd say.

Then there's the whole queueing thing for Sunday - possibly the last E Street performance in Europe ever!:eek:

why u say that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Just stumbled across this on youtube...

nm wrote: »
    Just stumbled across this on youtube...

That's where the bug bit me deep.......

[/B]why u say that??

distinct possibillity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Need to be organised lads, city-centre BnB booked straight after the tickets were secured on morning of release ;)
    i booked my hotel before i ever got a ticket!

edit: just saw other post saying as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 roller6666

Might interest anyone still looking for somewhere to stay for kilkenny gig

http://www.thehubkilkenny.ie/whats-on/139-hub-camp-bruce-springsteen-weekend

4893 wrote: »
    Oh I know! Couldn't believe that all the hotels were booked up so early! Really wasn't organised for that!

Does anyone know where we would get parking near Nowlan Park for the gig?? Heard the parking isn't great round it... Want somewhere that I can park all day.....

L

roller6666 wrote: »
    L

O Loughlin Gaels right beside nowlan park will be opening their grounds for parking both days but you'd need to be there early.otherwise,dunnes car park in city centre is bout 10 mins walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

I've a feeling that somewhere on these gigs we will get a first Bruce / Bono duet in Ireland.
    Has happened a few times in USA but never here, but think a great possibility beckons especially as all gigs outside Dublin, makes it a bit less obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I've a feeling that somewhere on these gigs we will get a first Bruce / Bono duet in Ireland.
    Has happened a few times in USA but never here, but think a great possibility beckons especially as all gigs outside Dublin, makes it a bit less obvious.

Pretty good chance of a Glen & Bruce, Drive All Night duet in Kilkenny I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

possibly the last E Street performance in Europe ever!:eek:
    [/B]why u say that??

Hate to agree, but it does seem that Bruce is quite emotional at the end of the more recent gigs, ''We''ll be seein' ya'' hasn't been heard either like he always used to when going offstage............:(:(:(

No need to worry, new album on the way.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 4893

Thanks roller6666!

Wonder how early is early to get parked?!

Gates open at 1pm don't they... what time would I need to be there to get parking without all the chaos do you wreckin?

Were staying in Portlaoise.. so just want to get there, get parked up and head off....

We were looking to get a bite to eat before we head in.. any recommendations near (walking distance) Nowlan Park for food?

What time will the line up start? Or where would you find out? Im sure there will be planty of places for food and drink while in there.. but want a decent feed to keep us going!

• Advertisement

4893 wrote: »
    Thanks roller6666!

Wonder how early is early to get parked?!

Gates open at 1pm don't they... what time would I need to be there to get parking without all the chaos do you wreckin?

Were staying in Portlaoise.. so just want to get there, get parked up and head off....

We were looking to get a bite to eat before we head in.. any recommendations near (walking distance) Nowlan Park for food?

What time will the line up start? Or where would you find out? Im sure there will be planty of places for food and drink while in there.. but want a decent feed to keep us going!
    Gates open at 1 but you might as well be their early, around 9.30. Eat at Langtons, theirs loads of places down Johns St. if it's full, Kilkenny is a small town everywhere is in walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Gates open at 1 but you might as well be their early, around 9.30. Eat at Langtons, theirs loads of places down Johns St. if it's full, Kilkenny is a small town everywhere is in walking distance.

A small city you mean! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

From looking at Paric Ui Chaoimh on google maps. theres a lot of areas outside where food/drink can be served. I will be suprised if there allowd sell drink inside the stadium (except the bar in the main stand). The tunnel for the uncovered stand is very tight and narrow and is not a nice place to be if there is a crowd.

Only 3 weeks to go now :D:D

P1ssing rain in Paris today, hopefully will deter the mega-queuers. There were 80 there at 3pm yesterday. Sunshine forecast for the gig tomorrow though....

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnnyz

Hi does anyone have info about the return buses that are supposed to be running from dublin to kilkenny for the springsteen concerts.On the springsteen wreckingball weekender website it says that bus eireann will be doing return buses from dublin to kilkenny for 30 euro,i cant find any info about this on the bus eireann website and when i emailed them the girl who replied said that as far as she knew they were only doing the cork gig.I really would appreciate any help with this as i am going to the gigs and with 4 weeks to go i dont know how i am getting there and back.thanks

Iarnrod Eireann have return trains going both days-35 euro I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnnyz

thanks for the reply,i think all the train tickets sold out when the concert tickets came out.Its really annoying when the concert website advertises bus tickets yet theres no info on the bus website,i emailed aitken promotions last week about this but whoever deals with questions is on holiday so no reply yet.I am starting to worry about getting to the concerts,thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

johnnyz wrote: »
    thanks for the reply,i think all the train tickets sold out when the concert tickets came out.Its really annoying when the concert website advertises bus tickets yet theres no info on the bus website,i emailed aitken promotions last week about this but whoever deals with questions is on holiday so no reply yet.I am starting to worry about getting to the concerts,thanks again.

have u any accomodation booked? no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

johnnyz wrote: »

Go to the Bus Eireann website and check for yourself. There are buses going there a couple of times each day. It's about €14 return. You get dropped off at the train station so you're not going to be gaining/losing any ground.

• Advertisement

I think they put another Train on.there was tix on Ticketmaster during the week

Advertisement